PR Data sticker - replacement?

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

I've sold my B6 A4 and purchased a cheap VW 2004 Touran 2.0tdi. There are currently no service books with it. (The guy who owned it, sadly passed away last November, the family are still sifting through all of the gentlemans' belongings) So it may turn up yet. Howver, there is no sticker on the boot floor or anywhere else that I can see.

Is there a way of getting a replacement sticker or label?

I need some parts for the car, and without the PR codes I'm fast becoming stuck on which parts I need. I'd rsther not buy and return parts until I find the right parts. The reg seems to bring up various parts at once, hence the need for the PR code.

I know I could remove said parts and then take to shop/motor factors for correct matching but due to still using the car it's a bit difficult.

I've tried using a VIN decoder but that doesn't give me any details I need.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi, have you tried asking your local VW dealer for a "CAR DATA" printout? I've done that in the past for all my VWs, a SEAT and my current Audi, but when I went to get one for my wife's new Polo - all I got was "we can't do that now!" - now that was from a young parts guy, but bear in mind, in the past, whenever I've requested parts at GSF, they printed off a sheet and showed it to me to confirm that what I was asking for was correct - that sheet came from that car's "CAR DATA" information. I think that maybe the method of getting this printout might have changed slightly as when I got my last one, for daughter's late 2009 Ibiza, the SEAT parts guy had to do a bit of copy and pasting, whereas when I got my Audi "CAR DATA" printout a year before that, it seemed like a "one key strike" operation. I'll still try for one for the new Polo though as having that is quite valuable going forward.

Edit:- BTW that printout covers more options than listed on the build sheet on the car.

Reactions: S4_dan
I asked for my car as the audi book was stolen on a test drive. Audi uk said not possible which I thought was a bummer.

Mike, mjr901 in Parts Request is good at finding data on our cars, try him.