PPF self application

I can give you some general points. A neighbour and close friend was a traditional old school sign writer. He also applied such vinyl to his signs, windows and shop floors. It is very hard wearing. To buy the material on the roll is cheap, the seller is mking a packet, as all he has to do is cut to pattern [time consuming to do first time around] on a vinyl cutter/plotter set up in the same way as you would the printer on your home computer.
The material can be a pain to fit on curved surfaces and takes patience. I doubt you will need the spray. My friend always used a spray bottle of water with a couple of drops of fairy liquid.

Colin

Reactions: Leevr
Make sure you remove your swirls first mate!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
Cheers mate, garage is all over it. I hope! Let's see what it's like next week. Thought I'd try this to save the new front end.

Reactions: RS03_SEN
Cheers mate, garage is all over it. I hope! Let's see what it's like next week. Thought I'd try this to save the new front end.
Don't blame you. My bonnet is absolutely riddled with stone chips etc. Don't think any ceramic is gonna help your paint when a stone hits at 100mph. That PPF stuff looks great.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leevr
Suppose it depends on how hand you are? For me, if I let a professional do it. I know I'd make a pigs ear out of it.
I stopped wrapping my sandwiches in cling film for the same reason :p tin foil is sooo much easier :D

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Leevr
Don't blame you. My bonnet is absolutely riddled with stone chips etc. Don't think any ceramic is gonna help your paint when a stone hits at 100mph. That PPF stuff looks great.

Ceramic won’t help but I have been impressed with the Max Protect UNC-R coating for resisting stone chips. Did have to change my car cleaning mindset though.

Reactions: RS03_SEN
Suppose it depends on how hand you are? For me, if I let a professional do it. I know I'd make a pigs ear out of it.

I hear you, and completely agree

Reactions: wab172uk