Powervalve Variable Tone Boost Actuated Exhaust

BCS Nige

Reaction score
First images of the complete development for the Audi S3 8V Featuring the full Powervalve variable Tone Boost Actuated Exhaust System. Now also with carbon Fibre trims - thanks for looking.
Cheers
Nige

Reactions: pburv, Nawaid, THQuattro and 6 others
All work designed and completed by Powervalve in haydock...
The video will be shot later today.
The full turbo back Powervalve variable Tone Boost Actuated system with 200 cell cat is £1975.00 to forum members.
Carbon trim option add £200.00
Titanium Wrap option add £60.00
Cheers
Nige

Reactions: THQuattro, Fiddie and AndyB-S3
Looking good.... :hubbahubba:

Do you have sound measurement in db with open and closed valves?

Looks amazing and good quality but nearly £2k, am I the only one that thinks this is about 50% too much ?

I can almost understand the well heeled paying huge sums for an Akro in titanium but £2k for a stainless steel valved system made in an industrial unit in Haydock.

It' still going a 4 cylinder blown car that tbh sounds pretty good as standard, Sport cat & DP I get but a full system just makes no sense to me.

What Audi need to do is offer a Dynamic package as per the RS3..

Reactions: mister.c. and naughts4187
All work designed and completed by Powervalve in haydock...
The video will be shot later today.
The full turbo back Powervalve variable Tone Boost Actuated system with 200 cell cat is £1975.00 to forum members.
Carbon trim option add £200.00
Titanium Wrap option add £60.00
Cheers
Nige

Is the catback available on its own, If so how much?

Looks amazing and good quality but nearly £2k, am I the only one that thinks this is about 50% too much ?

I can almost understand the well heeled paying huge sums for an Akro in titanium but £2k for a stainless steel valved system made in an industrial unit in Haydock.

It' still going a 4 cylinder blown car that tbh sounds pretty good as standard, Sport cat & DP I get but a full system just makes no sense to me.

What Audi need to do is offer a Dynamic package as per the RS3..

Mine was the development car for the project... I'll get a review up soon with unprofessional video recordings on an iphone etc.

Personally the exhaust note of the S3 is ok. Have a few in my town and one went past me quite slow and I didn't make a sound, only reason why I know it was an S3 because of the quad pipes. Another S3 went past me and must have been in auto mode as is made a slight blurp on the shift but again nothing to what it does with the power valve fitted/after market alternative.

Have you looked at prices for a full system? Under cut milltek system by some £££. Plus all the system including flanges, brackets and other misc items are SS. Some manufacturers use cast for their brackets and small fixings.

You have to hear it in person to get the full range of this exhaust its variable noise I personally that's what I was after.

When the Valve is open does it come through just the outer left tailpipe?

When the valve is open around 80% of the gas flow will exit through the left hand pipe.
Cheers
nige

Reactions: xpoweruk
Looking forward to hearing this!, Catback options available etc?

This looks ace, loads better than the milltek I had!

Video footage of the system...

...thanks For looking
Nige

Reactions: Fiddie and AndyB-S3
I have put my name down for a BCS Cat-back Powervalve for my A3 1.8 TFSI. A lot of great companies out there but I do a lot of motorway now and then so want something that isn't intrusive during motorway driving but on the other hand want some noise when I'm driving more spiritedly. Furthermore, I've read nothing but great reviews about their service and product.
Nige and Dave have been great so far in terms of answering my queries and requirements and look forward to getting this fitted next Friday!

Will report back once fitted as to how I'm finding it.

Reactions: Wondering Soul and Fiddie
Hi all,
Just wanted to give some feedback as to how I'm finding my BCS powervalve system on my 1.8 TFSI so far after a week and about 500 miles.
I'm really happy with the system and honestly over the moon! The car seems to have had a complete change in character, as before there was not much engine note below about 4k rpm which meant it was a very smooth and refined engine but lacked a bit of soul (in my opinion) then above I always found it could of done with being louder..
So anyway, the car now sounds absolutely fabulous 'on boost' with DSG barps (someone I didn't used to have), crackles on the over run and mid-range an exhaust note that sounds really nice as the revs increase and not just 'loud'

Reactions: Fiddie and BCS Nige
(Whoops, accidently clicked post by accident-excuse the typo's!)

..Then off throttle when lifting off there is no unwanted drone or 'boom' (as from what I understand the silencer is active under this situation). But on boost it sounds great compared to before, so really happy.
Driving normally i.e off boost, the car is quiet but slightly louder than before with a sportier note but by no means obtrusive. The stock exhaust was almost 'hybrid-like' quiet driving around normally in my opinion so the fact I can hear some exhaust note now is nice. BCS have really done a good job at making the transition between on and off boost (silencer active and non active) gradual too.

For those who are not aware of how the powervalve system works, its definitely worth a read up on in my opinion, the guys there Nige and Dave have a lot of knowledge and answered every question/niggle I had. Their attention to detail is also second to none.

I also forgot to mention that I went for the sports powervalve cat-back system and that Dave advised me against going turboback, as the 1.8 TFSI's share the same downpipe as the S3's so even if I chose to remap, the downpipe shouldnt offer any limitations for me as I would still be under 300bhp. He had a S3 8V/Golf R downpipe there, so he even showed me that mine was identical- this saved me several hundred quid as I did plan to go that route!
I would upload a vid, but I dont think the sound through my iphone Mic does it justice - on BCS' youtube channel they have a Leon Cupra 280 and I would say mine sounds similar to that when recorded. But as we all know, videos/audio don't quite capture how exhausts sound in reality.

Apologies for going on a bit, really happy with my exhaust as a summary and would recommend then to anyone else. BCS also give a lifetime warranty which is a big factor for me also (and the level of confidence in their powervalve system), as I intend on keeping the car for a good couple of years now.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Fiddie, BCS Nige and Wondering Soul
Hey Jas - thanks first of all for your valued business and for the great review.
We are so pleased that you are happy and enjoying the system with its variable nature, oh and obviously the quad pipe set up.
Cheers
Nige

Reactions: SJ43
Thanks Nige! Absolutely loving it and so does everyone else that I've shown. The best thing is the fact that driving normally, most can't even tell I have an aftermarket exhaust - the hardest temptation is not to put my foot down :D ..no drone or moans :)

Reactions: BCS Nige and Wondering Soul
Nice review sj. Are you certain going from 1.8t stock dp is the same size as the S3? I find most tuners still recommend dp upgrade with their stage2 ECU upgrade tho.

Sj43's car does sound good I've been in it - very impressed over stock ;o)

I can imagine an aftermarket DP could still be beneficial, as its going to be less restrictive then the stock DP despite the stock one being capable of taking the extra power ( in theory if its the same as an S3's). Thats why its advised probably. When I saw the S3 DP it look look very similar but as I didn't measure diameters and etc I can't be 100% I guess.
Cheers Rob:)

Reactions: Rob2k68
We run the 3.0" Dp on the TFSi and TSi engines - basically the same construct, but with the S3 running the 4wd platform the design is slightly different.
Cheers
Nige

Loving the sound from your video, So how much would this system cost all together with your DP.

Could this be all fitted in a day its a 4 hour drive to your place.

Thanks for the enquiry...
The system with Stainless trims is forum discounted to £2050.00 inc VAT and fitting. (3.5 hours to fit)
In addition we are also offering the titanium thermal wrap as a free upgrade.
Carbon fibre trim upgrade is £300.00
Cheers
Nige

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
The valves are controlled by boost, does this make the drive select modes inactive or do they become master so the boost control only works in dynamic ?

Ordered my res delete about 4 weeks ago, still waiting on it arriving. :(