POWERVALVE S3 Cat back System now available

BCS Nige

Reaction score
First pictures of the new POWERVALVE Variable Tone Boost Actuated Exhausts System for the Audi S3 (8V) as a cat back option (Fully upgradeable to the complete system when required.
System shown fitted to the 3 door model with Sportback also available.
Thanks for looking
Nige

Reactions: pburv, Sandra, Chris4410 and 5 others
Oh so pretty!

Reactions: S32B, batch and BCS Nige
real perfectionists! Wouldnt let me leave till it was perfect long day but we'll worth it . Thanks again guys !

Yes me too, i left home a 3am got there at 730am Dave started at 830 and at 615pm i left for home but it was so worth it.

Reactions: Sandra
how loooong?!

i've heard that they're perfectionists, that really sums it up!

How much? 3 door version ?

i am lead to believe there is a potential for a group buy over in the S1 section on their downpipes and possible systems.
maybe this could also be brought over to our section too? @BCS Nige would this be possible, what would the stipulations ?

Heres another short video of the MQB Powervalve system fitted to the Golf R Mk7 which runs the identical system to the Audi S3 8V.
Obviously this shows the system boosting so the quiet mode or off boost mode cannot be discerned from this.
I'll get the S3 cat back video posted on Monday...
Thanks for looking

Is there any kind of performance gain (or loss) with this system? Or is it all about the noise?

System frees 22 bhp kinetic but crucially loses no low or bottom end torque due to the boost actuated control valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Kinetic" Bhp? Not a power measure I've heard of I'm afraid. What is it?''

Also, any dyno plots?

Cheers.

"Kinetic" Bhp? Not a power measure I've heard of I'm afraid. What is it?''

Also, any dyno plots?

Cheers.
kinetic energy = KERS...i think we will end up with an F1 car. with 22 hp on an already 300 to 360+hp ... it will ****** fly along. and make a lovely noise with it!

Sorry engine makes power bhp torque heat etc
Our system creates conditions for that to be converted directly into crank power by energy conversion
Have dynos to view
But full system should not be considered without re map or tuning box to upscale fuelling as prone to over boosting without

kinetic energy = KERS...i think we will end up with an F1 car. with 22 hp on an already 300 to 360+hp ... it will ****** fly along. and make a lovely noise with it!

Isn't that the e-tron? (apart from the power and speed of course!)

Sorry engine makes power bhp torque heat etc
Our system creates conditions for that to be converted directly into crank power by energy conversion

Ok, it's an interesting proposition. 22hp from a cat back is very impressive. I'd love to understand a bit more about it and know more about the theory behind it, because I thought the S3 already these valves in it.

Reactions: BCS Nige
S3 has the electronic sound control valves which channel sound around the acoustic chamber.
Powervalve is unique in that it uses a 76mm boost actuated valve which is fed directly from the boost sensor take off which means that it controls sound and torque dynamically on the fly
So as you demand power pressure is relieved within the system to allow maximum flow without the need to fill the void within an empty 76mm generic system which reduces bottom and mid range torque
But mostly we just love the sound transition

Reactions: Sandra
New to the 3 door
Trim position is different to the Sportback and Golf R

Reactions: simonali