POWERFLEX DOG BONE BUSH PFF85 504

audismart

YOU ARE JUDGED BY THE CAR YOU DRIVE.
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience with the lower bush on the dog bone that attaches to the engine.
WOW WOW WOW
What a massive difference.
If you are experiencing sloppy gear changes its a must.
I run a DSG box and was getting clunky gear changes from 1st to R, coming to a stop and pulling away, 1st to 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th were a bit sloppy.
NOT anymore, its night and day, smooth as silk changes, I dont even feel it dropping into gear from neutral or R to 1st or 1st to R. I`m now getting DSG farts from lower down the rev range in drive. coming to a stop is a much smoother affair with none of the chunkiness from before when you get that usual thud as the gear hadn't caught in time and all for just £20 and 10min of my time.
By far the best mod for the money and complexity value, so easy.
Wish I had done it the 1st day I bought the car.
Some mods you get that placebo effect, NOT with this one.
Buy one fit it and thank me lol.
Download

Reactions: Konstantinos, 45bvtc and HHS3
I have the 034 dog bone and when you take it out my god. Such a great mod for such little money. Seems that these powerflex bushes are the latest craze.

Reactions: 45bvtc and audismart
I have the 034 dog bone and when you take it out my god. Such a great mod for such little money. Seems that these powerflex bushes are the latest craze.
Is that the aluminium one?
I have heard they can be a bit too stiff and you get a lot more cabin rattle.

Is that the aluminium one?
I have heard they can be a bit too stiff and you get a lot more cabin rattle.

Yeah that's the one.
Pass haven't heard that one but I know they had a few dodgy batches where customers were experiencing them bending, albeit 034 claim that it's perfectly normal (until you want to remove it).

May try the powerflex one just out of curiosity to compare

This is the Powerflex Bush that BCS sell as an optional extra with their exhaust systems, it's a long way off until I get my BCS Powervalve WRC TBE however you've tempted me to at least get this part for now!

So people are aware, PFF85-504 is for the pre-facelift and PFF85-704 is for the facelift.

Reactions: samuelh_888 and audismart
Yeah BCS do sell them with there system, thats what prompted me to buy one, as I just nabed a 2nd hand powervalve system on the cheap.
Fitted it today before the exhaust and took for a spin. Massive difference, less stress on the flexi pipe on the 200 cell cat down pipe too.

Sounds good mate and you've done very well managing to nab a second hand BCS Powervalve, I have yet to see one myself!

Reactions: audismart
Sounds good mate and you've done very well managing to nab a second hand BCS Powervalve, I have yet to see one myself!
I know mate, couldn't believe it myself. Happy days, as I was saving for a new system.

Reactions: HHS3
Whilst most people just refit the original 21 mm bolt it is actually a stretch bolt and so really should be changed.
Here is a ECS video showing the tightening sequence of 74 ft lbs or 100Nm + 90 degrees.
You will notice in the video the guy removes the dogbone and also the ECS bush does not go in very well. You do not need to remove the dogbone and the powerflex bush slips in easily.!

Cheers!

Does it matter if it's a Manuel gearbox will the power flux bush still work

I've had the power flex bush fitted for a couple of years now, great cheap mod. It was really noisy at first but refitted with correct torques and it was fine, still feel the extra vibration at the lights but can live with that. Just got the billet 034 mount to see the difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: S.
Does it matter if it's a Manuel gearbox will the power flux bush still work
Will be make a the same improvements on a manual box especially when changing gear, your biting point will be more aggressive I would imagine.

Reactions: weebelly
I've had the power flex bush fitted for a couple of years now, great cheap mod. It was really noisy at first but refitted with correct torques and it was fine, still feel the extra vibration at the lights but can live with that. Just got the billet 034 mount to see the difference

Let me know what you think about 034 mount as i'm thinking of getting one.
At the moment got the purple powerflex insert.

May try the powerflex one just out of curiosity to compare

Just got the billet 034 mount to see the difference

Once you've both driven a fair few miles using the other insert that you've currently been using so that it's settled in, would you mind updating this thread please with your thoughts?

Reactions: mechanic69, S. and audismart
60 plate dsg which one do i need?

For the avoidance of doubt i have a 2011 s3 8p and the ecs dip stick from psi.

3d5868492619aeeb3ff3ce1eedf0ead1.jpg

3c51c4d5591707a53753cc6ad269ee8b.jpg

Don't modify anything as it might effect the dipstick height and oil level - therefore possible engine damage.

Buy the right one for your year of car

Reactions: audismart
Yeah had one on my MK5 golf - night and day difference

wish I took all the bits off that car before swapping to the A3 - completely forgot in all the excitement >.>

Hi fellas, have either of you tried the other insert yet to what you were previously running?
I've got a small amount of cabin judder at cold start up, thats with the powerflex, Id imagine the 034 billet alloy mount will be harsher.

I still need to order one yet

Just looking into this again as been sidetracked with other bits on the car. Still no issues with the 034 insert but I'm looking into trying the powerflex. Question is do I go for race (yellow), track (purple) for high power, or new black mount for more stiffness/durability?

We have 2 cars with the yellow and I would not go any stiffer. You do notice a little bit more vibration at low revs but everything feels tight and the gear changes are very slick.

Im running 514ps which is why I wondered about the purple insert. I may buy both and give them a go to compare.

I have purple insert. Never had yellow one so can't compare. Slightly more vibrations but nothing dramatic.

I think any insert is going to make a massive difference to the slop associated with the standard bush, I quite like a little give to make the shift a bit more linear as apposed to snappy, dsg change is already super quick and the gear change is almost instant now, I would imagine on a manual car it can be a little jerky as you engage the clutch with a more solid insert.

Just fitted mine. Not sure how better gesr changes are as not fully tried it but i can tell the vibration low down speed is different

Just fitted mine. Not sure how better gesr changes are as not fully tried it but i can tell the vibration low down speed is different

I had loads of vibration to start with, it’s really sensitive to the torque setting so don’t over tighten. It also gets quieter over time

See how i get on then mate

So how are things now, almost 2 years after your inserts? It would be great to have some follow up so everyone can get a feel of a longer term view...

No issues here - originally on the Powerflex, now on the 034 billet aluminium version.

Reactions: Konstantinos
This is a coincidence as we removed one yesterday! Quite a tricky job as it did not want to come out and so it ended up tearing in half. It really had locked in place in spite of giving it lots of lubrication on installation.
About 3 months we fitted a yellow one to my son’s TT. He acknowledged that it made the gear changes snappy and helped a bit with wheel hop. However, he kept going on about the increased vibration. I did not think it was too bad and like many things it was a compromise.
No doubt later today he will report back but he did say if he fits another one it will be the red version which is a bit softer.

On 2007 s3 8p I have a sloppy feeling along with a buzzing sound while letting the clutch and accelerating in 1st from traffic lights etc.
Will powerflex bushing solve this?
Is there any case that extra stiffness cause problems somewhere else like transmition mounts?
Thanks!!!

I had quite a bit of extra vibration with the 034 Motorsport version given its solid metal. Seems to have completely gone now. Didn’t really notice more vibration with the Powerflex one - that also came apart when we swapped over.

Sometimes there is a bit of extra vibration that disappears as it beds in or at least you don’t notice it as much. The one in my S3 is fine but it annoyed my son.

Reactions: paddy