Powerflex Bush kit

MrTackalakalaka

Reaction score
Hi there everyone

I am thinking of buying a full powerflex bush kit for my S3.
Im getting some coilovers fitted next week and I'm thinking it might be worth getting the full power flex kit fitted as well whilst the suspension is being done.

I know there is a bit of movement in the suspension but not sure what bushes need replacing. And I know power flex don't do top mount bushes which i think need doing but if i get the kit are all the other bushes there that i may need to replace?

The bushes included in the kit are:

2x FRONT WISHBONE FRONT BUSH
2x FRONT WISHBONE REAR BUSH
2x FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR MOUNT
2x REAR WISHBONE FRONT MOUNTING BUSH
4x REAR WISHBONE INNER BUSH
2x REAR ANTI ROLL BAR MOUNT
1x STEERING RACK MOUNT
1x FRONT ENGINE DOG BONE

Cheers
Scott

Email andrew@ald on here and ask him for a set of defcon style bushes for the frot wishbone arm, in reduces the 45mm bush down to 30mm and really tightens the front up, also some people dont like to poly bush the rear wishbone mount as they can pop etc, instead look to use tt solid bushes, cheaper and effective.

Also if you can afford it id chuck in a set of daves rear tie arms.

Thankyou for that!! Says in the description the facelifts have a 45mm on the front wishbone and the pre facelifts have 30mm on the front wishbone. Mine is a pre facelift so should i just get that anyway?

Will have a look at the TT bushes!

Thanks again for the info

Oh ******, I'm in the process of getting my bushes sorted as well and ordered the 45mm bush and rear wishbone front mounts; I heard that the control arms bushes etc. cause the squeaks and ended up not buying them, so hope I haven't cocked up.

Dani, have a link or anything which shows what those 30mm bushes look like?

JB

No links, type defcon bushes into ebay.

Tak- i bought new wishbones and had the defcon bushes welded in only to find that i had 30mm wishbones, they are super rare as audi ordered a recall to destroy them, i ended up selling them for £200 on ed38 haha, paid for all my bushes and my new wishbones. So moral is check then huy lol.

Also if you can afford it id chuck in a set of daves rear tie arms.

dani unfortunately these are now a myth. :( I have the last of Daves tie arm production.

Right I'm ordering my coil overs this morning.

Might get a bush kit as well. How do you know if you need a 30mm wishbone bush or a 45 mm wishbone bush?
Mine is a prefacelift

on the ebay listing it says that earlier models have 30mm bushes on the front wishbone?

I just went with what PowerFlex posted on their site, which is exactly what you quoted from ebay; pre-facelift has 30mm spacers...

Right I'm ordering my coil overs this morning.

Might get a bush kit as well. How do you know if you need a 30mm wishbone bush or a 45 mm wishbone bush?
Mine is a prefacelift

on the ebay listing it says that earlier models have 30mm bushes on the front wishbone?
even prefacelifts can have 45mm bushes. so check.
pretty big size difference tbh, you should be able to see. just get a ruler out