Powered glovebox switch not working

Beno148

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just upgraded from a4 to an a6 avant 2011 happy so far.

Dealer didnt mention anything about glove box. Randomly opens when open my door but once closed doesnt respond to button, button doesnt feel like anythings behind but may be you can see had some pressure in the past. Top button works fine for powering off mmi screen.

Had a google and seem similar issues to just no obvious howtos.

What am i best checking first? Is there any easy way to remove the button to check there is something behind it? With the glove box opening when door opened guessing there is some power but no response to switch.

Thank you

Ben

Hi all,

Just upgraded from a4 to an a6 avant 2011 happy so far.

Dealer didnt mention anything about glove box. Randomly opens when open my door but once closed doesnt respond to button, button doesnt feel like anythings behind but may be you can see had some pressure in the past. Top button works fine for powering off mmi screen.

Had a google and seem similar issues to just no obvious howtos.

What am i best checking first? Is there any easy way to remove the button to check there is something behind it? With the glove box opening when door opened guessing there is some power but no response to switch.

Thank you

Ben
Look for videos or guides of how to remove the mmi screen or dashboard silver trim.

Snall piece if plastic in between the two buttons pushes in at one end. Other end piece just comes out what allow you to use a hook to pull out the buttons unit.
Held on clips so steady and firm tug may be needed.

If you can open it somehow, just unscrew it off the dashboard (3 x 8mm bolts at the top internal glove box edge, two same bolts from underneath the glove box-one closer to doors and other by the centre console and one bolt from the fuse box access) and check if all connectors there are intact.
There is a motor there, like for power door lock, which is with metal line connected to glove box lid locks.

Sent from H P20 PRO

Look for videos or guides of how to remove the mmi screen or dashboard silver trim.

Snall piece if plastic in between the two buttons pushes in at one end. Other end piece just comes out what allow you to use a hook to pull out the buttons unit.
Held on clips so steady and firm tug may be needed.

If you can open it somehow, just unscrew it off the dashboard (3 x 8mm bolts at the top internal glove box edge, two same bolts from underneath the glove box-one closer to doors and other by the centre console and one bolt from the fuse box access) and check if all connectors there are intact.
There is a motor there, like for power door lock, which is with metal line connected to glove box lid locks.

Sent from H P20 PRO

Thank you for the reply.

So had chance to have a look today. Got the clip off the button and startes to pull out and it clicked out, and opened the glove box.

Looks like someone either put it back in too tight or was pressed it in to hard.

Now all working lol

Reactions: KrisKrk
Glad I could help

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: Beno148