Powered boot - will it half close ??

Tiger-G

Reaction score
Hi ,

Will the powered boot on my 2015 allroad only close so far if I've got something that's too long to fully fit in, or will the motor be damaged, or will it just reopen when it senses it can't fully close ??

I'd rather ask first before trying it .

Cheers,
Graeme.

Will be fine. It’s slightly buttock clenching watching it happen, but it basically just stops when it hits something. (Assuming that the allroad and the normal avant have the same mechanism!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate,

Thanks for the info, will give it a go tomorrow

Cheers,
Graeme.

I think you can stop the tailgate closing by pressing the button again, either on the tailgate itself or on the key. Once stopped, pressing the button again will actually open the tailgate again, it won’t continue to close as you would expect. Hope this helps.

Tried it today, and you can indeed control where it stops with your finger on the button as it closes, and it stops and opens slightly when it detects something in the way.

Thanks for the info, thought I'd better ask before trying it and breaking something, like when I was a kid and I found out that electric windows don't have an automatic stop if they detect a finger in them as they close !! How I laughed that day :cry::cry: