Power

spcelica

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My 1.9tdi 54 plate is currently sat on the standard 130 break what I'm wanting to know is what would the spec list be to get it up to 250 break and ruffle what it would cost me ?

I'm no expert but i think to get 250 you're looking at:

Bigger turbo £500-£1000
fmic and custom pipe work £400
Free flow exhaust £500-£1000
Uprated injectors £700-£1000
Uprated clutch and flywheel £700-£1000
Good custom remap £500

This assumes you can do the work yourself i would say. You'll also want upgraded brakes and suspension

The list above is pretty much what you would need, I would say some of the prices are possibly a little high you can get cheaper if you shop around. The single biggest expense is likely to be a Sachs organic clutch and new flywheel and the injectors.
I also agree with the comment about the brakes and suspension.
I would also budget a set of uprated head bolts about £40.

Karl.

Gtb2056vl £300
FMIC £150
Sachs SRE clutch £800
Remap £250
Head bolts PD150 £35
Exhaust flange £30
EGR delete £50
Welding downpipe £100
Cat delete £free

You don't need injectors for 250Bhp, stock injectors will flow there abouts- you could go for PD150 ARL injectors as they slightly bigger- not worth the hassle though ! Big injectors opens a can of worms as to this date there are very few aftermarket nozzles that work well in the pd130 engine... You have loads to read and do...

I keep getting in my mates 335i and then geting into mine :-(
So its good to see stock injectors good to 250bhp,as thats my next goal.
Currently @ 205bhp 310ftlb.
Next turbo is Gtb1756vk claimed 230bhp.
Upgrading injectors is very pricey,but if i can get upto 230+ on stock im happy.

The only other expense is the uprated sach clutch kit,mayb £1000 all in.

Oh well,its my target,il start aiming soon ;-)

Reactions: jimmyb592
I personally think that the limit with standard injectors is more like 230-235 bhp if you want to keep SOI and injection durations sensible.
If you want to try and get more than this then you run into issues with high EGT's, smoke etc.
There are many many threads across the net about this subject and you only have to look at the injection duration required for standard injectors to make 130bhp to work out that trying to inject fuel for 250bhp will require a very long injection duration.
I think people who make 250bhp are assisted with an optomistic dyno.

Karl.

I keep getting in my mates 335i and then geting into mine :-(
So its good to see stock injectors good to 250bhp,as thats my next goal.
Currently @ 205bhp 310ftlb.
Next turbo is Gtb1756vk claimed 230bhp.
Upgrading injectors is very pricey,but if i can get upto 230+ on stock im happy.

The only other expense is the uprated sach clutch kit,mayb £1000 all in.

Oh well,its my target,il start aiming soon ;-)
There is no replacement for displacement, to this date the 3.0d engine as fitted to the 335/535d is one of the most tuneable engines out there with big power potential !

Karl, there is some kid up north in Yorkshire that claims over 300Bhp on stock pd 2.0Tdi injectors, it's a last model passat 140 Bhp with a gtb2260vk and water/meth injection ! I too called that ******** but he's took it to Santa Pod a few times and has the timing slips/dyno prints to back it up... However how safe that is god knows !

That would be Kilner I presume. he has posted a few times on UK Passats.

http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=77493&hilit=kilner&start=25

I am only really interested in what is reliable and can be used on a daily basis. You can always extract more but at the expense of reliability. A case proven I think when I picked up the fastest diesel trophy recently at the GTI Festival. The only car that looked like it might beat me was a Darkside car that arrived on the back of a transporter and left on the transporter, I never saw it run, I suppose it suffered some technical issue.

It would easily have beaten me if it had run as it has done 11.75s at 123mph on the quarter.

img-0304.jpg

That would be Kilner I presume. he has posted a few times on UK Passats.

http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=77493&hilit=kilner&start=25

I am only really interested in what is reliable and can be used on a daily basis. You can always extract more but at the expense of reliability. A case proven I think when I picked up the fastest diesel trophy recently at the GTI Festival. The only car that looked like it might beat me was a Darkside car that arrived on the back of a transporter and left on the transporter, I never saw it run, I suppose it suffered some technical issue.

It would easily have beaten me if it had run as it has done 11.75s at 123mph on the quarter.

img-0304.jpg

Which motor was this karl?

It started off life as a 2.0 140bhp TDI passat with the Siemens PPD injectors as opposed to the Bosch system.