Power Washer Recommendations

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
My Karcher K4 FC has packed up 3 months after the 3 year warranty expired ***
censored.gif
wall.gif

What a pile of junk!
My 11 year old Nilfisk is still working in a fashion, its pulsing like a mutha so won't last much longer but at least I have a back up

So I'm after a new one & it won't be a Karcher this time
Budget? No more than £200

Any recommendations please

Reactions: mike60e and Audi Bairn
3 YEARS *** ye done well....£200 budget....well if its only for cars & Caravans.....go for this for another £49 also comes with a excellent snow foam cannon
washr-pressure-washer.png

Reactions: mike60e, Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
3 YEARS *** ye done well....£200 budget....well if its only for cars & Caravans.....go for this for another £49 also comes with a excellent snow foam cannon
Cheers @jassyo06
Won't darken my door again with a 'kin Karcher - utter ***** !
Have you got a link for that one mate?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Cheers @jassyo06
Won't darken my door again with a 'kin Karcher - utter ***** !
Have you got a link for that one mate?

Reactions: Jassyo06
censored.gif
wall.gif

What a pile of junk!
My 11 year old Nilfisk is still working in a fashion, its pulsing like a mutha so won't last much longer but at least I have a back up

Oh dear Col...I would say Kranzle, but double your budget Thatbis what I will get when my K5 dies

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
Don’t know about these, but Bosch power tools have never let me down

Bosch UniversalAquatak 135 High Pressure Washer Amazon product

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
Following with interest BH.
My Karcher K3.65 Jubilee is fecked now too! Don’t use it as much as most of you guys and it has lasted about 10 years
Has been spewing water out the unit for at least half of that time though, so has done well to last this long. New car still not here yet, so not in a rush to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Have a look on direct hoses.

I got the grey 7 which is so much better than a karcher, mind you having said that I only had the k2 before. Lol.

Must say they're great pressure washers far better than my neighbours k4 I borrowed.

If you are interested in one you'll need to be quick as they sell out fast currently due to supply issues, think they come from Italy.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Following with interest BH.
My Karcher K3.65 Jubilee is fecked now too! Don’t use it as much as most of you guys and it has lasted about 10 years
emoji15.png

Has been spewing water out the unit for at least half of that time though, so has done well to last this long. New car still not here yet, so not in a rush to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@BarryG79 - Feel your pain mate :(
Have a look on direct hoses.

I got the grey 7 which is so much better than a karcher, mind you having said that I only had the k2 before. Lol.

Must say they're great pressure washers far better than my neighbours k4 I borrowed.

If you are interested in one you'll need to be quick as they sell out fast currently due to supply issues, think they come from Italy.

@jamiewatkins2004 - Sold out unfortunately :(
https://www.directhoses.net/product...se-swivel-trigger?_pos=4&_sid=877a0fd25&_ss=r

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Reactions: Bristle Hound and Audi Bairn
A higher end Nilfisk maybe ? Something like an E145, D140 or even a C135 ?

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Audi Bairn
Like @BarryG79 I had my last Karcher for over 10 years them got another one, which still have. It’s maybe 2 years old.
But like others above, I won’t buy another one as the quality has clearly plummeted.

Reactions: BarryG79 and Bristle Hound
My Karcher K5 compact was just over 3 years old when it gave up the ghost. Turned out to be the fuse. I guess it'll be on it's last legs now so interested to see recommendations and what you end up going for BH.

censored.gif
wall.gif

What a pile of junk!

It must be catching the Karvid 19, mine packed up last weekend washing the mrs new car. Mine was also the K4 but after taking it apart it just looked like it was made up of cheaper parts compared to my old original Karcher that seem to last forever.

Definitely following this, it's a mine field out there knowing which one to buy.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Reactions: Bristle Hound
Good choice, E145 looks good and comes with a much better hose than the C135.

Would be good to hear your thoughts on this.

Arrived today :thumbs up:

KsApD9Wl.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, AlS3BE and 5 others
Shame you couldn't stretch the budget a tint bit as you can get cheaper Kranzle washers now and they are a billion times better than karcher/nilfisk. Better than the karcher commercial range.

They start at about £300 now.

Build quality puts Audi to shame.

Last edited:
Like @BarryG79 I had my last Karcher for over 10 years them got another one, which still have. It’s maybe 2 years old.
But like others above, I won’t buy another one as the quality has clearly plummeted.

Karcher and Nilfisk use alloy/plastic in their pumps. They will usually only last 50 hours use. I have 4 cars, big patio and driveway, etc to clean and 6 years ago my new karcher lasted 2 months. Bought a Kranzle, not one issue, pump is made with brass, ceramic pistons . I f i drove my Audi at it the Audi would fall apart. You can replace every part on a Kranzle. Only downside is they are heavy. They seem expensive but then top end Karchers are very expensive at £600 - you would have to be a complete idiot to spend £600 on a Karcher.

More stuff here: http://www.kranzle.co.uk/english/146.htm

Reactions: Audi Bairn
@jamiewatkins2004 - Used the new Nilfisk a couple of times now
Its defo a very well made machine - you can feel the quality right down to the lance and gun

I like the fact that I can now wind the hose up instead of fighting with it at the end of usage
Cable tidy is neat to

& yes it is powerful - it certainly pumps the water out
Did a bit of snow foaming today & boy it does thicken the foam up being a more powerful PW

Like I've said it is heavy so if this is an issue I would avoid it TBH

Overall I'm very happy
Now lets see how long it lasts
My old 11 year old Nilfisk which cost me £60 still works fine, other than a bit of pulsing before pulling the gun trigger, so here's fingers crossed

Reactions: Adam14, jamiewatkins2004, A4A4 and 2 others
Good to hear pal, this one was on my list before I got the grey 7.