Q5 Power tailgate button not working? Q5

Gmac

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Parents phoned me the other day to say that the close button on their tailgate of their Mk2 Q5 has stopped working. Ive tried searching for where the fuse is for it, but cant find any info as to where it’s fused. Plenty diagrams and info on where fuse boxes/panels are but there doesn’t appear to be a fuse in these for the power tailgate?

so yeh, tailgate is closing under its own power from the drivers door handle button.

Ive tried to work out, over the phone with them (they’re in their 70’s) if they can use the key fob to close the boot too? Not sure if this is a feature or not?

Any pointers as to where to find a fuse or how to get the button on the tailgate working again would be great. Thanks

If the tailgate is anything like my A6 then one press of the tailgate button on the fob should close it. Sounds to me like the switch has just failed or got moisture in there.

Reactions: Gmac
The switch has very thin wires which are not particularly flexible, one of tho may have broken off

Hi folks,

Parents phoned me the other day to say that the close button on their tailgate of their Mk2 Q5 has stopped working. Ive tried searching for where the fuse is for it, but cant find any info as to where it’s fused. Plenty diagrams and info on where fuse boxes/panels are but there doesn’t appear to be a fuse in these for the power tailgate?

so yeh, tailgate is closing under its own power from the drivers door handle button.

Ive tried to work out, over the phone with them (they’re in their 70’s) if they can use the key fob to close the boot too? Not sure if this is a feature or not?

Any pointers as to where to find a fuse or how to get the button on the tailgate working again would be great. Thanks

Go steady,
Silently Giggling And Laughing Smiley
I'm 78-years of age next month - and still driving, servicing and maintaining our TT roadster, RS3 and SQ5 :racer:

Last edited:
Reactions: pauldazzle and Gmac
Does this help (though I still cannot see the tailgate listed) or maybe you've been here already: https://fuse-box.info/audi/audi-q5-fy-2018-2020-fuses

Mind, see pages #36 to #39 of your Owner Manual and make sure they have the ignition 'on' for auto-closing of the "luggage compartment lid" there words not mine. PM me with your email address for a copy of the manual, no problem. :hi:
.P36P37P38P39

Last edited: