Power steering squealing help

Martin Gilbert

Reaction score
I have had a problem with my power steering squealing on full lock and turning whilst stationary. I have replaced the pump, belt, tensioner and idler pullies. I have also flushed the fluid several times with recommended fluid and it is still squealing. If anything I would say it has got worse. Scratching my head now as I cannot think what else it can be. Could it be the rack itself?? Any help or advice grateful. TIA

Since the b7 was made it had steering noise problems mine comes and goes

Had mine for 2yrs now and never had a problem with it. It seem to happen overnight. I have ordered another new pump by different manufacturer and see if that cures the issue.

Had mine for 2yrs now and never had a problem with it. It seem to happen overnight. I have ordered another new pump by different manufacturer and see if that cures the issue.
Did you sort it in the end? Im having exact same issue. Changed rack, pump, pulley and belt and still squealing

Did you sort it in the end? Im having exact same issue. Changed rack, pump, pulley and belt and still squealing
have you replaced the one way clutch bearing on the alternator . if not thats your problem with alternator jammed inside the pully should turn one way if not it needs it replacing