Power steering question

andyam

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have put a deposit down on a car, drove around seemed fine except the peer steering seemed heavier than my a3 8p, and other a4 I have driven.

Spoke to the dealership and they told me it was because when the b8 was initially released they had 2 types of power steering and for the lighter one it was an optional extra. Now I've not heard of that. I was wondering if you guys could shed any light on that for me please?

Thanks!

Andy

My steering gets heavier as I get up some speed, when parking etc it is lighter.

I was driving my parents Toyota Corolla in the States all of last week and when I jumped in my A4 the steering felt really heavy compared to it. Definitely heavier than my A3 as well I'd say. Not that it's so bad you have to use two hands or anything, if yours is that bad then you may need to have it looked at?

As for the two types of steering, I can only imagine that he's referring to the dynamic steering that is an optional extra although I've not driven with it so can't comment on whether it's lighter at car park speeds or not...

Dynamic steering was an option... and the standard power steering in Sline guise is VERY HEAVY.. No real way of fixing this..