power steering fluid

mazzy

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
i've bought some dexron III is that the right fluid before i put it in and cause the seals to f**k up. ?????

Cant find much on net.

The chamber was pretty much empty, i noticed a whining noise from engine bay when turning wheels on stand still, i think its air in the power steering pump or summit. Chkd oil and it was low... not much at all.

NO dontuse that stuff it will cause damage to your power steering system. You need to get the green oil form audi vw dealers. its designed specifically for these cars.

It's VAG mineral oil, about £8 for 1litre from VW/Seat/Skoda dealer
or £16 from Audi dealer

Also you need to check the fluid level when its warm with the wheels straight. If you are checking it on a cold engine and a cold day it will be normal for the level to be slightly under minimum.

[ QUOTE ]
Also you need to check the fluid level when its warm with the wheels straight. If you are checking it on a cold engine and a cold day it will be normal for the level to be slightly under minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You learn something new everyday...cheers!

where exaxtly is the fill level.?? i can look into mine its empty n den u c a hole whre the dipstick goes deeper, cant c into there too dark. lol