power sockets constant live ?

SteveHussey

Reaction score
Hi ,i have a avant 63 plate black edition, is there a wa of making the 12 v power sockets live all the time ,espeacially the boot one ,so i can use it to charge camera batts while away from the car on days out etc .

You need to switch the wiring over in the fuse box from the switched live to the permanent live.

Oddly the A6 which my OH has is all permanently live.

Yes ,so i find the fuse for the power sockets then dissconect the feed wire from that and connect to constant live fuse ,is the fuse in the dash on the left or right side and is there a seperate fuse box in the boot ,right side ,any idears on that .

Hi ,first time owner of an audi ,so all this vcds ,re maping etc is all new to me ,didnt have this prob with my old three weeler lol.

Definitely can't do it with VCDS - the sockets are physically wired to the switched ignition fuse box.

Just checked my manual - the cigarette lighter fuses are all in the boot - red fuse bank fuses 1-4 - fuse 3 in particular is the one for the boot.

Reactions: xpoweruk
I have just made the boot 12 v socket constant live ,i umpuged the socket ,made two leads up with spade terminals ,pluged one from the earth side of the socket then the other end put a ring teinal on it and connected that to the earth point which is easy to see above the fuse holder right side compartment in boot ,then a power feed from the socket back to the fuse box ,using a feed off fuse from halfords ,in a spare fuse slot ,all done in about ten miniutes .