Power, mods,specs, remapper and graphs!

DomH

Was it a 8P 1.8tfsi you had remapped? What stage did you go for and what gains did you get? Was it aggressive or smooth? Did you have any mods or was it standard?

Yep, 2010 1.8 8P. It was just a stage one map, very smooth for normal driving but really picked up when you put your foot down, only real issue was traction at times (mainly in the wet) but it's to be expected on a front wheel drive car

The car was standard with no other mods

Attachments

• 11083643_966118506746213_3366757466153363925_n.png
    11083643_966118506746213_3366757466153363925_n.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 656
Reactions: S11M
Why are the transverse einge more powerful then longitudinal?

The 2.0 TFSi can be detuned in the B7. In the B8 the 1.8 TSI 120 and 160bhp are the exact same engine with different mapping. I actually find that the longitudinal engines put out a touch more power.

Rick

Amazes me how people pay for mods and remaps but never get a dyno run - i'd want to know someone has actually done what they say they have!!

Anyway. Remapped by RTech: 365hp @ 5879rpm / 391lbs @ 4365rpm
When bought as standard was RR'd: 268hp / 323lbs
With mods fitted but before remap: 284hp / 287lbs (dunno why torque had dropped, must have been error with previous RR)

ITG Maxogen CAI
AirTech 50mm Intercooler
AutoTech HPFP internals
RS4 Fuel Valve
Full Milltek (SSXAU353)

Also needed Sachs organic clutch. Uprated brakes (brembo discs, ferodo ds2500 pads). H&R roll bars. Bilstein B16 Coilovers. SuperPro engine mounts and anti-lift kit.

Graph:

RR.jpg

Reactions: a3 turbp, S3Alex, Hookmonster and 1 other person
This is from over a year ago, back when I was running stock K04 turbo, FMIC and a restrictive air filter:

Car: Audi S3 2009
Parts: Hybrid Revo/Universal Pipercross Venom Filter intake, DV+ BOV, BCS Powervalve, LOBA HPFP
Remap: Stage 2+
Remap Company: Unicorn Developments
BHP: 355bhp
Torque: 370lb/ft
Dyno: AMD Tunning
Graph:
RR AMD DAY resized

I'm booked with @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. for mid-November for a dyno tuning session and a DSG remap after a number of extra mods, so hoping for something a bit more special :)

Reactions: HHS3
Hi all , new to all this forum stuff and also driving as I only passed this year so please excuse me and try not to cry with laughter in your s3s etc I have a 07 plate a3 s line tdi 2l which I believe was 136 or 138 Bhp as standard which still is standard as I'm aware , but want my car to run at its maximum potential without major turbo upgrades etc ,I've replaced turbo with a garret recon this month any recommendations please I was gunna get a kn filter this week which I'm hoping will make my car sound a little better if anything , thanks in advance ppl

Hi all , new to all this forum stuff and also driving as I only passed this year so please excuse me and try not to cry with laughter in your s3s etc I have a 07 plate a3 s line tdi 2l which I believe was 136 or 138 Bhp as standard which still is standard as I'm aware , but want my car to run at its maximum potential without major turbo upgrades etc ,I've replaced turbo with a garret recon this month any recommendations please I was gunna get a kn filter this week which I'm hoping will make my car sound a little better if anything , thanks in advance ppl

Welcome! I can't answer your specific query, but you should ideally create a new thread that deals with your specific question. Als check out the search function as I'm pretty certain that many of your questions would have been answered already.

Enjoy the forum :)

This is from over a year ago, back when I was running stock K04 turbo, FMIC and a restrictive air filter:

Parts: Hybrid Revo/Universal Pipercross Venom Filter intake, DV+ BOV, BCS Powervalve, LOBA HPFP
Remap: Stage 2+
BHP: 355bhp
Torque: 370lb/ft
Dyno: AMD Tunning
Graph:
View attachment 105902

I'm booked with @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. for mid-November for a dyno tuning session and a DSG remap after a number of extra mods, so hoping for something a bit more special :)

I think my original post needs an update now :)

Parts: Hybrid Revo/Universal Pipercross Venom Filter intake, DV+ BOV, BCS Powervalve, LOBA HPFP, TTRS LPFP, RS4 FRV, TTE420 Turbo, AirTec Stg 2 IC
Remap: Custom
BHP: 403bhp
Torque: 411lb/ft
Dyno:
Graph:
High boost TTE

Reactions: Inertiauk, Cambaines, HHS3 and 4 others
APR Stage 2+ from EcoTune in Glasgow. 372bhp and 398lb-ft.

Mods are: Milltek 3" turbo back exhaust with sports cat, Evoms intake, Autotech HPFP internals, RS4 FRV and GFB DV+. Still on the standard clutch but will be upgrading to the Helix kit soon.

Reactions: a3 turbp, leshkin, kash_v and 1 other person
Go

Mods are: Milltek 3" turbo back exhaust with sports cat, Evoms intake, Autotech HPFP internals, RS4 FRV and GFB DV+. Still on the standard clutch but will be upgrading to the Helix kit soon.
God knows how your standard clutch is hanging on !!! Lol

2011 Audi S3

Mods

Thinking of getting a TTE420 next, what other hardware would I need?

Custom stage 2 + remap by rick at Unicorn motor developments
363BHP
372ft.lbs

View attachment 98763
Time to update this

Mods
TTE420, RS3 8v injectors, Rs3/ttrs lpfp, Wagner intercooler, 155 bar fprv, Revo CAI, GFB+DV, Full Milteksports exhaust decat , Loba HPFP, super tech valve springs,R-tech pcv delete. Aks tuning runner flap delete. yellow speed BBK, Front and rear H&R anti roll bars, whiteline anti lift kit, R8 coil pack, TTS engine cover, Sachs performance SMF and clutch kit, ST sport suspension Kit, Porche oil & coolant caps, H&R 12 &15mm spacers, P3 Multigauge with analogue boost sensor, team heko wind deflectors, push to start bypass, xenons rs3 grill, Genuine S3 wingbacks, full interior, number plate, warning and puddle light led's.

R-Tech custom remap
421 bhp 407 ftlb
IMG 0512

Also got a AEM WMI kit and cts throttle pipe to fit to aid intake temps

Reactions: William McGougan, psmurphy, lincoln_dj and 2 others
Quite a few spec changes...

Car: Audi S3 2008

Parts:
ITG CAI
Boulekos inlet manifold with extra injector rail
Autotech HPFP internals
USP Motorsports auxiliary LPFP
Race Developments ported and rebuilt head.
Supertech valvetrain
PEC rods
Wossner LC pistons
Updated bearing shells
Nortech exhaust manifold
Owen Developments GTX3571 with HTA compressor and 0.64 A/r turbine.

Syvecs ECU and revised software
DQ500 gearbox

H&R ARBs
Bilstein B16 suspension
Haldex controller
AP 6pot front brakes
Forge 4pot rears

Tuners:
AMDTuning
Storm Developments
Syvecs

Parts from:
Integrated Engineering
USP Motorsports
PEC
Boulekos Dynamic
Nortech
Owen Developments
Syvecs

So the scrap list is:
Quaife diff and O2Q gearbox
TD 1.2 wheels and Toyo R888R tyres
AEM WMI kit.

Reactions: Inertiauk, paddy, HHS3 and 2 others
Hi guys,
could I get some advice on my s3 2.0Tfsi block please. Currently the block has been bored to 83mm, acid dipped, Billet main caps fitted and line bored. I have a new crank that has been balanced and polished. I have Mahle pistons, Calico costed alc mean and rob bearings, IE Tuscan rods, Arp bolts, 4pc thrust washer. Cylinder head has ported and polished, ferrea springs and retainers, ferrea valves standard size, shims, standard cams, arp bolts. Is there anything that should be changed or added befor the engine is built ?

Reactions: S3Alex
Hi guys,
could I get some advice on my s3 2.0Tfsi block please. Currently the block has been bored to 83mm, acid dipped, Billet main caps fitted and line bored. I have a new crank that has been balanced and polished. I have Mahle pistons, Calico costed alc mean and rob bearings, IE Tuscan rods, Arp bolts, 4pc thrust washer. Cylinder head has ported and polished, ferrea springs and retainers, ferrea valves standard size, shims, standard cams, arp bolts. Is there anything that should be changed or added befor the engine is built ?

That's an excellent parts list and should serve you well.
Stick with the stock cams as the aftermarket alternatives are very few and the results a little unpredictable.

If your head work was done by Race Developments you'll have the best results available.

Choosing the correct turbo is crucial now if you haven't already.
I had an M-spec Owen Developments GTX 3582 but had that modified to HTA 3582 and downsized the A/r on the hot side and found it works much better.

Maybe start a build thread and I'll add anything useful that I can..

Good morning all
I'm running a tte 420 turbo
Running at 420 bhp
And 423 torque

Amazes me how people pay for mods and remaps but never get a dyno run - i'd want to know someone has actually done what they say they have!!

Anyway. Remapped by RTech: 365hp @ 5879rpm / 391lbs @ 4365rpm
When bought as standard was RR'd: 268hp / 323lbs
With mods fitted but before remap: 284hp / 287lbs (dunno why torque had dropped, must have been error with previous RR)

ITG Maxogen CAI
AirTech 50mm Intercooler
AutoTech HPFP internals
RS4 Fuel Valve
Full Milltek (SSXAU353)

Also needed Sachs organic clutch. Uprated brakes (brembo discs, ferodo ds2500 pads). H&R roll bars. Bilstein B16 Coilovers. SuperPro engine mounts and anti-lift kit.

Graph:

RR.jpg
Hi, I'm going to rtech tomorrow for stage 2+, I've got pretty much the same mods as you so I'm hoping to get the same kind of figures. Did yours achieve this on the standard clutch?

How is your standard clutch coping with this power?

It lasted a week on this power not surprisingly. I'm now on a 6 paddle Clutchmasters with solid flywheel.
Thanks for the info. Mine is going to rtech for stage 2+ tomorrow and I'm not sure if it's a stock clutch or not and am a little worried if it's going to hold but I suppose time will tell

Thanks for the info. Mine is going to rtech for stage 2+ tomorrow and I'm not sure if it's a stock clutch or not and am a little worried if it's going to hold but I suppose time will tell
Nikki at Rtech knows his stuff. He can usually map around a slipping clutch

Reactions: a3 turbp
@a3turbp let us know how you get on and the clutch copes

Latest round included work on bringing in the port injectors earlier rather than waiting for the DI ones to max out and also increasing the DSG clutch pressures a bit to reduce slip in 1st gear.

Then back for further mapping and an RS fuel pump.

Hi, I'm going to rtech tomorrow for stage 2+, I've got pretty much the same mods as you so I'm hoping to get the same kind of figures. Did yours achieve this on the standard clutch?

put a sachs organic in before mapping. cant imagine stock clutch would last long tbh. highly recommend the sachs tho

Maybe not a big deal like S3s on here making over 400HP, but for an 2.0 TDI (BKD) and seen many people asking it will be useful.
Mods:
- Hybrid GT1794VA
- RGR and CAT delete
-2.5 Miltek full exhaust (down pipe heat covered)
- Intercoler pipework
- 4 Bar sensor
Don't got the graph on "stock" as anyway without mapping was faster already.
Graph (Narco Tuning):
dyno-jpg.128987

Resoults: 326.6lb/ft (442.8 NM) and 225.4HP on wheels.

Reactions: BurgoS3, leshkin, S. and 1 other person
Will remapping effect my 12 month warrenty iv just took out with the new motor?
Also why are the clicking/ticking noises when ya park up n turn engine off after a good ride?? Is that normal? Is it just cooling down?? All help apriciated, thank you

Will remapping effect my 12 month warrenty iv just took out with the new motor?
Also why are the clicking/ticking noises when ya park up n turn engine off after a good ride?? Is that normal? Is it just cooling down?? All help apriciated, thank you
wrong thread mate, just start new one on forum ;).

Can't decide who to go to to get my car remapped, just going state one.
Want the best results.
Will travel n will pay extra for the best
Give me some help lads it's doing my head in ha

Can't decide who to go to to get my car remapped, just going state one.
Want the best results.
Will travel n will pay extra for the best
Give me some help lads it's doing my head in ha
m8 you re in wrong place for questions, just open thread about it, and search on forum, 100000000s of post about it,i made 1 actually.

[photo=medium]8869[/photo]

Just picked up my car Sat.

Was expecting a bit more power as I have full Miltek exhaust & Sports CAT plus a Wagner Intercooler and DV+

It drives much faster as can be expected but they mentioned as it's DSG they couldn't get it to hold on the rolling rd so figures might look a bit low!

Forgot to mention -

Before Map 209 bhp
After 256 bhp

it's a 2.0 tsi Quattro A3

After reading up on this. It seems that the DSG won't give the top readings from a rolling rd unless I get a DSG map then the gears will hold in manual mode.
I've seen plenty of people with Graphs etc with the DSG so this is new to me and as I'm not running really high power the DSG map is not really worth it. I'm still a little confused as what this all means in the real world but as I said before it's huge improvement!

It's got nothing to do with holding the gears, it's the built-in torque limit of the dsg box that's the issue. Some tuners can mask the torque going to the box without the need to remap the dsg so this is your best. A dsg remap is only really needed at stage2+ onwards where you need to increase the clamping power of the clutch packs.

Another happy R-Tech customer with Stage 2+ & DSG remap today - 360bhp and 392ftlb
Milltek TBE, Revo CAI, RS4 PRV, Autotech HPFP, Rev G diverter valve
Previous map was an unknown - felt noticeably quicker than 260bhp but a load better now.

Attachments

• LR20171002_141036.jpg
    LR20171002_141036.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 403
Reactions: leshkin
It's got nothing to do with holding the gears, it's the built-in torque limit of the dsg box that's the issue. Some tuners can mask the torque going to the box without the need to remap the dsg so this is your best. A dsg remap is only really needed at stage2+ onwards where you need to increase the clamping power of the clutch packs.

OK Cheers for that I must admit I've had my head on these figures and graphs rather than just recognising that the car is actually doing pretty well considering its just an A3 and not an S3
I still might get the DSG map and hopefully it will compliment the ECU map. Been thinking of the Haldex map too!! Addicted : )