power increase from a chip

dgannon69

Reaction score
wats the average increase in bhp that people are getting from an Amd remap on a 1.8T sport (non drive by wire)? would anyone know the change in 0-60 times as well? cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

My A3 1.8T non-DBW went from 156bhp before to 198bhp after on AmD's rollers.

I'm willing to believe the rollers were being a bit optimistic, so I reckon 190bhp is closer to the mark.

0-60 times: No idea, around 7s I would have thought. It's pretty hard post-remap to get the power down in 1st and 2nd - the front wheels spin even in the dry. In the wet they spin in 3rd too!

Definitely worth doing - makes the engine smoother and hasn't made any difference to my mpg either.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to believe the rollers were being a bit optimistic, so I reckon 190bhp is closer to the mark.

0-60 times: No idea, around 7s I would have thought. It's pretty hard post-remap to get the power down in 1st and 2nd - the front wheels spin even in the dry. In the wet they spin in 3rd too!

Definitely worth doing - makes the engine smoother and hasn't made any difference to my mpg either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be using some shocking tyres then! When mine was remapped it was able to give full traction in first gear on dry roads.... and 2nd+ was never a problem in any conditions. Even now with 320bhp, its able to put it all down in the dry no problem.

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be using some shocking tyres then! When mine was remapped it was able to give full traction in first gear on dry roads.... and 2nd+ was never a problem in any conditions. Even now with 320bhp, its able to put it all down in the dry no problem.

RIch

[/ QUOTE ]
Pirelli P6000s on the original 16" wheels - so not the greatest. What were you using before the IHI?

You're making me think there's something wrong now! Traction breaks at roughly 4500rpm when there seems to be a step in power.

I have been thinking of a set of 18's with reasonable rubber - if it would cure this problem I'll probably do it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RIch

[/ QUOTE ]
Pirelli P6000s on the original 16" wheels - so not the greatest. What were you using before the IHI?

You're making me think there's something wrong now! Traction breaks at roughly 4500rpm when there seems to be a step in power.

I have been thinking of a set of 18's with reasonable rubber - if it would cure this problem I'll probably do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

18x8.5's with Toyo Proxes T1-S. The pirelli are your problem!!

Rich