Powder coated exhaust tips

Rev-blu

Reaction score
Fed up cleaning the chrome tips and putting up with the pitting.

Take a look at my powder coated gloss black tips with a big thanks to Elite Alloy Wheels and Tyres Ltd in Ayr.

Great finish and first class service.

Will post a pic once fitted.

Attachments

• E58A3D88-E2E8-405A-8D12-5DADE085D459.jpeg
    E58A3D88-E2E8-405A-8D12-5DADE085D459.jpeg
    867.5 KB · Views: 905
  • 1BB672CB-3243-47A3-9916-908F13AD484E.jpeg
    1BB672CB-3243-47A3-9916-908F13AD484E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 870
  • B448CF4C-2582-4B1B-995D-F8CFCFFE95F8.jpeg
    B448CF4C-2582-4B1B-995D-F8CFCFFE95F8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 894
Reactions: Lhasa2008, BarryG79, GregS3 and 3 others
They look good mate, what sort of cost?

Reactions: Rev-blu
That looks good. I’ve only just bought my 64plate and the tips have never been cleaned. There in a right state. How do you remove them?

They look good mate, what sort of cost?

£100.

I did way up the cost of new between £170 - £200 and when you consider new ones will go black needing constant attention within a week or so, all in all I decided it was a good price, terrific product and service.

Desperate to get them on.

That looks good. I’ve only just bought my 64plate and the tips have never been cleaned. There in a right state. How do you remove them?
Tap them from the back with a rubber mallet.

£100.

I did way up the cost of new between £170 - £200 and when you consider new ones will go black needing constant attention within a week or so, all in all I decided it was a good price, terrific product and service.

Desperate to get them on.
Not too bad at all and you get a new look :)

Reactions: Starry and Rev-blu
Easy, 5mins.

A wee alternate chap at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock on the back of the tips and they are removed. Held on with finger like springs and a stop. Just a chap back on to seat.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I gave mine a tap yesterday and I don't think they moved at all :pensive: such a pain in the a** trying to sort them out on the car.

Interested to see how they look back on the car @Rev-blu

Reactions: Rev-blu and oli356
Not the best light but an image fitted

Attachments

• 7AAA9548-7E69-42E3-B04D-D668C74AEF39.jpeg
    7AAA9548-7E69-42E3-B04D-D668C74AEF39.jpeg
    778.3 KB · Views: 854
Reactions: Misikee, S32B, BarryG79 and 5 others
Not the best light but an image fitted

Be good to see some more pics, wonder what satin black would look like, or even silver - if I could get the ****** things off lol

Be good to see some more pics, wonder what satin black would look like, or even silver - if I could get the ****** things off lol
Will try and get some more pics up tomorrow from the rear.

No doubting your efforts but honestly give them a hit either side alternating hits and you will hear them slipping along and then just pull off.

Reactions: Tom.H
Will try and get some more pics up tomorrow from the rear.

No doubting your efforts but honestly give them a hit either side alternating hits and you will hear them slipping along and then just pull off.

Maybe I need a mallet with a slightly smaller head, was hard work hitting it with the one I've got to be fair, plus the floor was wet from washing the Mrs car and I'd kind of ran out of enthusiasm by that point lol

Maybe I need a mallet with a slightly smaller head, was hard work hitting it with the one I've got to be fair, plus the floor was wet from washing the Mrs car and I'd kind of ran out of enthusiasm by that point lol
I use a bit of wood to put behind them then use a mallet to hit that. Once you get the first off the others follow with ease.

I've been tempted to do this on mine for a while. I'm in two minds whether it'll look good with my Sepang Blue saloon or not... it does have the black styling pack, so it could look great? I need to find a photoshop wizard!

Hmm tempting - went through a tube of autosol on them already!

Fed up cleaning the chrome tips and putting up with the pitting.

Take a look at my powder coated gloss black tips with a big thanks to Elite Alloy Wheels and Tyres Ltd in Ayr.

Great finish and first class service.

Will post a pic once fitted.
My PFL used to go that colour on their own only problem they were flat not glossy lol.......

I've been tempted to do this on mine for a while. I'm in two minds whether it'll look good with my Sepang Blue saloon or not... it does have the black styling pack, so it could look great? I need to find a photoshop wizard!
Same as you but Sportback, with carbon mirrors too.. But still feel like the chrome exhausts would look best. Just a nightmare they are!

Reactions: Tom.H and Rev-blu
Same as you but Sportback, with carbon mirrors too.. But still feel like the chrome exhausts would look best. Just a nightmare they are!
My decision was based on a new look and whether I wanted them black or filthy looking black.

Reactions: oli356
I must be weird, I like mine full of soot. Matt black looks more purposeful than chrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got mine done satin black, goes well with the sepang and BP (IMO!!).
P1190411

Attachments

• P1190411.jpg
    P1190411.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 739
Reactions: Tej13, S32B, BarryG79 and 2 others
Got mine done early Jan, posted a couple of pics. Looks more stealthy with the black pack, blasted and powder coated £25 all in. They'll do till the miltek cerakote comes along :whistle2:

Image Yeah, it was in a thread about exhaust tip alignment. Cheeky re-post coming.....

I'm going to buy a roll of black nasty and tape/wrap one side to see how it looks.

Reactions: Beery and oli356
Not sure I'm keen on the gloss black on mine. They look bigger, chrome...

Screen_Shot_2018_02_20_at_10_35_49.png

Reactions: Rev-blu and oli356
The issue is, the first owner of my car didn't look after them at all, they're beyond saving, unfortunately. I might look into having them re-chromed.

Oh I see. I will have to try keep on top of mine then!

Just removed mine, as said, they come off in no time. Mine are totally ingrained and look like they’ve never seen a spong. Tried to give them a quick clean to start with and used wd40 which didn’t touch it at all. So I’ve placed them in a container of diesel for a few hour to break it down a bit. Once that’s done I’m going to use some compound and machine polish them hopeful back to like new.

Reactions: Rev-blu and GregS3
Just removed mine, as said, they come off in no time. Mine are totally ingrained and look like they’ve never seen a spong. Tried to give them a quick clean to start with and used wd40 which didn’t touch it at all. So I’ve placed them in a container of diesel for a few hour to break it down a bit. Once that’s done I’m going to use some compound and machine polish them hopeful back to like new.

Tar remover helped a bit on mine, but the carbon was stuck to the bottom of the inner tips. I had to use a bit of scotchbrite to get this off then went over with metal polish. The car is only 6 months old, couldnt beleive how stuck the carbon was in that time! I've done the exhaust flap mod to help keep them cleaner now

Tar remover helped a bit on mine, but the carbon was stuck to the bottom of the inner tips. I had to use a bit of scotchbrite to get this off then went over with metal polish. The car is only 6 months old, couldnt beleive how stuck the carbon was in that time! I've done the exhaust flap mod to help keep them cleaner now

Mines 4 years old and i honestly think they have never been cleaned.

Just a wee update on mine, still black and still shiny.

Obviously not as noticeable as the chrome but definitely a new look with less maintenance

Reactions: gringosteve
So I'm guessing they're wrecked?

Got the machine polisher on two of them tonight and with some metal polish it soon cut through the tarnishing. There not perfect but the there a massive improvement. On the underside ther is some chrome missing but from above it looks good with a mirror like finish. Also there is some chrome missing on the rounded tip ends but you need to get close to see that. Over all id say its good enough for now and time well spent.