Pound for Lbs modification list

Woob

Reaction score
As the title suggests, is there a pound for pound modification list for S3's?
As in what can people do and the costs associated. It makes sense the more you do, the more it will cost but what sort of things can do you that have a large impact for minimal cost? Presumably things like a quick shift, high octane fuel and weight saving would be low on the cost side where as new turbos and the such will be higher end. As someone pretty new to the game, I'd find a formal list of available mods and what not quite useful.

The same would be good for aesthetics and VCDS as well. Spacers low down and new body work and paint jobs at the expensive end

Personally I don't think a quick shifter makes any difference other than in feel.
99RON octane fuel is the best you'd get here and is fine.

I think the biggest bang for your buck is
Stg2+
Hpfp
Exhaust
Intake.

Will get you 360bhp reliably

Reactions: S., tcardio and HHS3
Guys, I'm the UK (I presume that's where y'all at) when you quite a power figure, is it at the wheels or at the crank?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3Alex
Guys, in the UK (I presume that's where y'all at) when you quite a power figure, is it at the wheels or at the crank?

Guys, I'm the UK (I presume that's where y'all at) when you quite a power figure, is it at the wheels or at the crank?

It's a derived crank figure so not always accurate.

I would agree with Alex that a Stg2+ is the best bang for buck when it comes to power/torque improvements.

I'd also mention the non-power mods here too - handling and brake upgrades are probably the least appreciated when talking about tuning, but both have the biggest impact on the day-to-day driving and general enjoyment of the car. If money is tight, I would go Stg1 map and spend the money on brakes, ARBs, and a good set of coilovers before chasing more power. That way, you can enjoy more of what the car can offer and still go toward your power objectives... Nothing worse than a badly handling car with Stg2+ power and rubbish brakes IMHO :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tcardio and S3Alex
And the clutch? For the manual

For Stg2+ I'd also add a DSG remap to handle the extra torque better plus give you more control in manual mode.

And the clutch? For the manual

If going to stage 2+ then yes definitely. The stock clutch can slip at stage 1/2, however its down to how it's been treated and mileage.

Quick shift on its own doesn't do much but combine with the 42 draft design shifter bushes and then things change quite a bit.

Reactions: S.
agree with all above. It all depends on how much money you want to spend and what your plan is for the car. I prefer the setup first then the BHP second. BHP puts stress on parts so I prefer to upgrade the suspension, motor mounts, subframe mounts front and rear, front brakes if you plan on track time and then invest in engine stages one at a time. I think you will have more smiles on your face with handling then BHP

I think the biggest bang for your buck is
Stg2+
Hpfp
Exhaust
Intake.

Will get you 360bhp reliably

In your case, Let me rephrase that...

I think the biggest buck for the bang:superman:

Car is a baller for sure!!!