Pothole and blown tyre!

Chris E

Reaction score
Question for anyone that can help, just hit a pothole and have ruptured the sidewall of the front left. Had around 5-6mm left on the tyre.

Now, do i need to replace both front tyres at the same time or can i get away with just the one as the front right has decent amount of tread left.

Appreciate any advice people can offer.

Thanks

Unfortunately, I have experienced the exact same problem just last week.

Sidewall on the passenger front tyre, small bulge. Like you, I have a considerable amount of tread left, approximately 5mm. I’m now looking at a bill for £420 to replace both fronts with the 255/30/19 p zero ro2’s.

I’d like to say just change one, but then the wear is of sync! ☹️

Unfortunately, I have experienced the exact same problem just last week.

Sidewall on the passenger front tyre, small bulge. Like you, I have a considerable amount of tread left, approximately 5mm. I’m now looking at a bill for £420 to replace both fronts with the 255/30/19 p zero ro2’s.

I’d like to say just change one, but then the wear is of sync! ☹️
So annoying eh! I’ve already bitten the bullet and booked in for 4 new tyres Friday morning, tears were getting low so wanted matching tyres all round. Gone for the eagle f1s myself.

The pothole actually tore through the sidewalk, inside of passenger front. Roads are a complete mess right now!

Managed to do 4 tyres and 3 wheels in the 4 months I've had mine.

My local dealership told me its fine to have up to 4mm difference between the treads.

Grayling was on Sky the other day saying that more is being spent on repairs to potholes than ever before, so not sure what the problem is...:puke2:

Question for anyone that can help, just hit a pothole and have ruptured the sidewall of the front left. Had around 5-6mm left on the tyre.

Now, do i need to replace both front tyres at the same time or can i get away with just the one as the front right has decent amount of tread left.

Appreciate any advice people can offer.

Thanks

My FL RS3 only had 50 miles on the clock when I went into a pothole on the day I picked it up from dealer. It tore the sidewall on NS front, was absolutely gutted.
Seems to be a common theme now across all areas of the UK.

We all just seem helpless to this cancer on our road network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris E
Had exactly the same last week, although the other half didn’t realise she’d done anything until I noticed it while cleaning the car

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

Reactions: AudiNutta
Audi told me that as long as within 3mm of the other tyre you can replace just one.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Take a pic of the pot hole and contact the local council about paying for the repair

Reactions: Pinky1959
I would also send an e mail to the local police inspector of roads policing in your area if the hole is bad enough to do damage it needs reported .
I did this last year with a badly rutted holed piece on a local dual carriageway Transerv scotland wouldnt fix ,as they said" if a motorist is driving at the speed limit ! ! the road is safe to drive over although deemed uncomfortable " it was retarred a few weeks later .....