Potentially Interested In An S8

Rob78

Rob78
Reaction score
Having owned three A8s (all diesels, 4.0 and 4.2), I'm tempted to go for an S8. Saw this one on autotrader http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...new/model/s8/page/1/postcode/nw16aa?logcode=p
Mileage is high but that is reflected in price and my experience of buying ex-company Director cars is that they tend to be well looked after and mainly motorway mileage. Any thoughts? Anything to be wary of on a high mileage S8?

Nice colour combo, he's a company director so probably doesn't need the money so be cheeky and start at 8.5k and work up.

If its as it says and well serviced then she should be OK and had the coli packs etc done.

Quick one for novice in the 'S'... Apart from cosmetics and trim level what does S offer over and above stock 4.2? Cheers

Depending on what year etc some 4.2 model has an epic torque figure at 850nm!!! that would surely take off the line faster than an S8 !? S8 wont have that much torque in comparison

Hi,

new here and it is my first post......why someone would like to buy second hand S8 when W12 is better equipped, same power and much cheaper.....

Different handling, different sound, different looks.
Is the W12 much cheaper????
I would rather W12 to be honest but the fuel in my 4.2 is bad enough. Lol

when I was looking for my A8 I was considering buying W12. Very good condition, all extras I could think of, 2006 90k and price of 7,995 OK, it was very attractive price, most adverts are around 9-10k but S8 in this age starts from 14k! So difference is significant......

you said your fuel consumption is bad....what is it exactly? I'm pretty happy with mine. 36-37mpg on motorway and 20-25mpg in the city. Can't complain :)