Potential water ingress hotspots

AvantAlexB7

Reaction score
Ive noticed for a while the inside of my bus is smelling a little damp and musty.

Thought I'd sorted it with by clearing the plenum chamber and also sorted a leak in the boot where to towbar wiring was routed.

Is there any other comman places where waterleaks can appear? Maybe its just case of shampooing the carpets from the aftermath of the plenum chamber overflowing?

Number 1 spot with B7 is passenger side front footwell, killing the Comfort Module in the process

Not 100% certain of the ingress point, but heard underneath the battery overflowing and from incorrectly fitted pollen filter.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Ill double check the pollen filter is fitted properly then. I did have a drip from under the glovebox a while a go, but put that down to the plenum chamber being 4inch deep in water!

Failing that at at a loss, as nowhere appears damp, just smells like it. I keep my car really clean inside too so its not like it a smell coming from something in the car either

Have you ever had the carpet up on the passengers front footwell?

Until you see it, it will seriously surprise you how much room there is down there and that there might in fact be a puddle there already.

Given what you're saying I would be doing it to check, and to hopefully save your connivence module

Especially if you've noticed a drip before!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I have, but a while ago. I'll have to have a look into and lift the carpet to see whats going on.

I have my comfort module out of its box and currently poking over the carpet after replacing it.

It’s such a issue with B7’s that I’d like to make some adaptors/extension cables allowing me extend them and re position it and permanently mount it behind the glovebox to avoid any more issues.

Worst place to mount electronics, ever!

Well any joy? I you remotely suspect it I wouldn't be putting it off to check. Definitely get the carpet lifted and see for yourself

Forgive me if teaching something you already know, but here is the process

This is from A6 but it's in the same place