Q3 Potential Q3 purchase

Bazgti

Reaction score
Morning all,

Ive been active on the forum over the last few weeks as ive bought myself an RS3 8P. Since then the other half has got itchy feet to change her Scirocco 2.0 Tdi 140 to her dream car, a Q3. Im looking at a 12 plate S line with 96k also with 2.0 tdi 140 engine. Can anybody give me some tips on what to look for and avoid?

Ive never even really set eyes on 1 of these.

So any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Reactions: Jcbmally
I would say the usual checks mate. Full service history, check it hasn't been accident damaged, etc. If it is a manual then the engine and box are pretty sound.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately for me, the Mrs has now found 1 in London. The car we looked at had to many things that needed to be put right and shes gone off it. So instead of having to drive 4 miles to see a car. Its now 200. Excellent! So ive done my homework on it today. Rung the garages to confirm the history and all is well. 1 owner car too. Will only be able to check the crash damage when i get there. We're mega bussing it to London tomorrow. Dont fancy putting near 500 miles on the RS

Its gonna be a longgg day....

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately for me, the Mrs has now found 1 in London. The car we looked at had to many things that needed to be put right and shes gone off it. So instead of having to drive 4 miles to see a car. Its now 200. Excellent! So ive done my homework on it today. Rung the garages to confirm the history and all is well. 1 owner car too. Will only be able to check the crash damage when i get there. We're mega bussing it to London tomorrow. Dont fancy putting near 500 miles on the RS

Its gonna be a longgg day....
Yes but think how pleased the other half will be. One owner cars are usually looked after, HPI check will confirm its history mate, don't forget to post the pics.

Reactions: Bazgti
Welllll... Weve just got back from London. 320 mile trip... DONE!

-6.30 start
-Set off at 7.30.to the tram station into Manchester.
-8.30 arrived at Piccadilly.
-8.45 on the mega bus and set off at 9am.
-13.30 we managed to persuade the driver to let us off in Kensington rather than Victoria station due to the Brexit march.
- Tube to Paddington. Paddington to Slough.
- Finally set eyes on the Q at 4pm.

Absolutely lovely motor. Black with Talladega alloys. Half leather with Nav. Full verified history. Body work is perfect and the interior is spotless. Even managed to get £400 of the asking price and bought us some food after the journey.
I drove back from London in it and its been an absolute pleasure. Very happy with the purchase and the Mrs is bouncing off the walls in love with it.

All in all.. great day and an excellent purchase.

Congrats on the new purchase, enjoy.

Thanks buddy. Mrs has only been up and about for 5 mins and heard here squealing from the next room as shes looking out the window. She doesnt smile much, so i think shes happy :yes:

Reactions: Jcbmally and BD55SOL