Potential Purchase

Gilo

Reaction score
I've been keeping tabs on various topics in this forum while I have been deciding on my next car. Having got married a few weeks ago, I am now ready to purchase, so today I test drove the RS3 saloon, and was really impressed.
Not as much punch as my previous car (GTR R35), but then it's a different car, but felt and sounded more exciting than similar cars (M3/M4) I've test drove. Virtual cockpit is impressive but I really don't like the alloys.

Anyway, speaking with the sales guy as to what changes are predicted when the 2019 order books open in September, and basically they haven't been told anything, but they doubt there will be any changes from the MY2018.

So it's either spec up what I want for September, for an expected January 2019 delivery, or go for something in the limited stock they have, and get it for next week.

I like the Nardo grey, and they have one in stock. Spec is good, but a couple of things i'm not that bothered about like Red callipers and Matt titanium look alloys (as mentioned, I don't like them and will look to replace asap). Feel free to show me what alloys you have got on your saloon for ideas.

But realistically, what sort of negotiation should be expected? Carwow are offering about 4.5% discount based on my specific spec, and bearing in mind the alloys and Red callipers are over £1k in options i'm not interested in.

What sort of discounts did you get when negotiating?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: NevMan
10%. Some may disagree but a few on here, including me, have achieved that level of discount. Especially with a FL due.

I've been keeping tabs on various topics in this forum while I have been deciding on my next car. Having got married a few weeks ago, I am now ready to purchase, so today I test drove the RS3 saloon, and was really impressed.
Not as much punch as my previous car (GTR R35), but then it's a different car, but felt and sounded more exciting than similar cars (M3/M4) I've test drove. Virtual cockpit is impressive but I really don't like the alloys.

Anyway, speaking with the sales guy as to what changes are predicted when the 2019 order books open in September, and basically they haven't been told anything, but they doubt there will be any changes from the MY2018.

So it's either spec up what I want for September, for an expected January 2019 delivery, or go for something in the limited stock they have, and get it for next week.

I like the Nardo grey, and they have one in stock. Spec is good, but a couple of things i'm not that bothered about like Red callipers and Matt titanium look alloys (as mentioned, I don't like them and will look to replace asap). Feel free to show me what alloys you have got on your saloon for ideas.

But realistically, what sort of negotiation should be expected? Carwow are offering about 4.5% discount based on my specific spec, and bearing in mind the alloys and Red callipers are over £1k in options i'm not interested in.

What sort of discounts did you get when negotiating?

Thanks in advance

I think 8% is achievable, thats what I managed on a factory order, probably more on a stock car.

I think you are in a strong position as its 2nd quarter end 30 June, if they havnt sold enough you could be onto a winner

You will have to suck up the options you dont want and include in your discount probably

Good Luck

The salesman has left me a voicemail to call him back after discussing with the sales manager about a deal. Could be an interesting call tomorrow.

But now I have another option. Turns out I know someone who works for Audi and they are seeing if they can get any friends and family discount for me. At the moment I have no idea how much discount that could be if any.

Reactions: NevMan and FBF01
Really?!?!

If you stick to your guns yes it is.

I had 10% off, a friend was offered 13% off at Stafford (Granted he has had a few Audi’s now)
I know of 2 people recently who bought new RS3’s and got big discounts.

There’s always a deal to be had somewhere.

Reactions: FBF01 and Sandra
Back in the real world us Regular Joe's will be stuck with carwow etc discounts which imho are below 5%.

Higher discounts seem to be available but imho only to regular customers, people who have bought Audi after Audi from same place, those that know a UK Director etc.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marshy, NevMan and FBF01
Back in the real world us Regular Joe's will be stuck with carwow etc discounts which imho are below 5%.

Higher discounts seem to be available but imho only to regular customers, people who have bought Audi after Audi from same place, those that know a UK Director etc.

TX.

Is this the real world where a big discount is available off a RS4 ?

You're like an elephant Sean, you forget nothing ;)

TX.

Reactions: T-800
I was a first time Audi customer, first time in the dealership and when it all came down to the crunch, got 6% off my deal

Reactions: Terminator x
I know it's not the same vehicle, but I spec'd a £41k S3 and Jardine Manchester Audi offered 12.7% off the list price
108228104b2b1396b58257452caf2a93490c150ef90c03a0ebbf024999d7d001dc35fa70.jpg

Reactions: AudiNutta and NevMan
So Audi have come back and on a RORT price of £50,305 have offered to discount it by £2k.
I've stuck to my guns and turned it down, and it's back with them to try again.

In the mean time I have had BMW offer me a 3k mile M2 with DCT, carbon kit and £3k of performance exhaust for £45k. I mentioned this to Audi to give them something else to think about and get back to me quickly with their best offer.

Reactions: AudiNutta and NevMan
stick to your guns...as long as you can :thumbs up: That is a high spec M2!

I really don’t think the dealer cares. You won’t hear back from them.

They don’t even remember to call you when you have purchased the car let alone when you turn down their offer. I got 2k off my list and was happy with that.

Reactions: FBF01
I really don’t think the dealer cares. You won’t hear back from them.

They don’t even remember to call you when you have purchased the car let alone when you turn down their offer. I got 2k off my list and was happy with that.

Once you’ve bought in, you will drop down the list.

If they have a serious person about to spend another £50k, that will be the person they phone first!

I got around 8% off if I remember correctly, first time owning anything German let alone an Audi. There's definitely some deals to be had if you shop around and get dealers to compete against each other for your business.

So Audi have come back and on a RORT price of £50,305 have offered to discount it by £2k.
I've stuck to my guns and turned it down, and it's back with them to try again.

In the mean time I have had BMW offer me a 3k mile M2 with DCT, carbon kit and £3k of performance exhaust for £45k. I mentioned this to Audi to give them something else to think about and get back to me quickly with their best offer.

Think I’d be taking the M2, fine looking beast.

M2 looks horrible imho and bmw not a patch on Audi interiors.

TX.

Reactions: Callump01, FBF01 and NevMan

TX.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. I think the M2 looks great. Very aggressive and Audi could learn a thing or two about how to flare the wheel arches and give a car an aggressive stance. Audi's definitely need lowering a touch and some spacers IMO. Especially the RS3.

I agree with you on the interiors, though. Audi are way ahead in this regard.

Reactions: Behind The Bins, NevMan and TYb
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. I think the M2 looks great. Very aggressive and Audi could learn a thing or two about how to flare the wheel arches and give a car an aggressive stance. Audi's definitely need lowering a touch and some spacers IMO. Especially the RS3.

So great that you bought TTRS over an M2

Reactions: FBF01 and NevMan

TX.

Agree on interior but the M2 looks like something special whilst the Audi S3 and RS3 don’t separate themselves enough from the standard range.

They can do arches though just choose not to on the 3 ;)

TX.
7ac32bbed6b6b29d484c8b5da06ef618.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and TYb
Agree on interior but the M2 looks like something special whilst the Audi S3 and RS3 don’t separate themselves enough from the standard range.
M2 competition pack might be worth a look with the M3 seats in, wait 6 months if you can, and when they cant sell them look around for a pre reg

So great that you bought TTRS over an M2
TTRS trumps M2 ;)

Joking aside, the M2 looks great IMO. But RWD is useless for large parts of the year in the UK and I'll admit I'm no racing driver. Also, the interior just isn't very appealing.

RS3/TTRS tick a lot of boxes. Look good, go well, sound great etc etc.

TTRS trumps M2 ;)

Joking aside, the M2 looks great IMO. But RWD is useless for large parts of the year in the UK and I'll admit I'm no racing driver. Also, the interior just isn't very appealing.

RS3/TTRS tick a lot of boxes. Look good, go well, sound great etc etc.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love an RS3 just at have a bit of a soft spot for the M2. Would be a tough choice between an M2 and TTRS, think TT would clinch it.

Reactions: D0C

Quite like that interior. This chap has posted quite a lot on here.

Audi interior and virtual cockpit is amazing. Much better than the M2. M2 is much more aggressive looking and the exhaust system added to this one is something else. Looks to be some sort of remote/fob that controls the exhaust settings.

Test drive booked in for Sunday to give Audi time the come back with another offer.

Reactions: TYb and NevMan
Audi contacted me again and said they still have the RS3 and confirmed the £2k off the price they are prepared to offer me.
Haven’t called them back yet but I took the M2 for a test drive today and that is an awesome piece of kit too. All depends now which dealer wants to do a reasonable deal first.

I guarantee you will be able to get a better deal on the M2, and i’d be very surprised if the BMW dealer doesn’t offer a bigger discount, with a lower APR if financing and as the residuals are similar, i’d expect the overall cost of the M2 to be much less than a comparative RS3.

As an example, if you look on BabyBMW, M2 LCI, retail price 51k, discounted to 46k, gfv of 25k and pcp rate was 3.9% meaning payments of £548 over 48 months with a £548 deposit. The above was available January but the gfv may be less now that the new M2 Competition will shortly be available, but discounts on the outgoing M2 may now be more negotiable.

Great cars either way.

In a moment of weakness i spoke to TRL on baby BMW and he offered me a september slot for a new M2 Comp..no discounts but it would be one of the first ones out but as lovely as she was the Rs3 offers the same performance with more practicality and better tech, besides where i come from anyone who owns an M-car tends to be rude boys, wanna be gansters, actual drug dealers who believe an M-Car is their 'i have arrived' statement. I felt to an extent an Audi RS or even a Merc AMG is a more refined beast..so i turned down the M2 and since no new RS3s trying to hunt down a used one....

Reactions: DW81 and NevMan
Just ordered a sportback from stock today as no factory orders at the moment