Potential new owner saying hello

nuvolablue

Reaction score
Hi all. First Post here. I'm a potential new owner eyeing up an S4 B6 Avant.

The one I've seen is a clean looking silver one which has just over 100k miles but a very good service history.

Other than the dreaded cam chain rattle which I'm aware can be overplayed, any other advice on what to look for specifically when I view the car?

Thanks all. Really looking forward to getting one of these.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

Check suspension isnt shot, I owned an S4 B6, although maybe just how was used previously but was a bit bouncy, lovely car, but for me very underpowered due to solely the weight, heavy as hell.

Reactions: nuvolablue
Welcome and nice choice of car. I was looking at those for a while but opted for an 2.0 tdi 177 a6 avant - spec, comfort and running costs tipped it for me in the end lol. Good luck with car buying and looking forward to seeing any potential mods

Reactions: nuvolablue
Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know if the worries of the cam chain tensioner issue can be somewhat mitigated by taking out an Audi extended warranty? Or is this issue well documented to be not covered by Audi? Thanks.

I appreciate that the car would need to have full service history and be less than 100k miles for the car to qualify for an Audi warranty.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk