potential new guy

Stuieuieuieo

Reaction score
Hi guys
i'm looking at buying an S3 and i've looked at the info you give on here all about what to look for when buying an S3 and i was wondering some more things.
I've read a lot and certain things i'm unsure on for example am i better getting a premodified one or a completely standard one?
I dont know what half of these things are either like what's an N249 valve? just curious as to what things i'd need to buy to safely see maybe 300WHP on an S3? would i have to go as far as to forge the rods? i can do basic work myself like exhaust and bits and bobs that are easy to work out and after buying one if i bought a standard one i'd probably have tops 5k left to spend on mods i was just looking for a gauge in opinion i currently drive a civic type R and i want 4WD and a turbo :D
cheers :)
Stuie

Hi and welcome.
If i were buying again id opt for modified over standard. BUT id want good documentation of it and id want to know the seller has a clue what he was doing and is an enthusiast. Good thing about forums is everything is documented, so check out the classifieds.
Check out the FAQ's at the top Too for any technical questions

yeah i've had a look through the technical stuff and i get a general idea i think the main things are FMIC, fuel pump, exhaust, induction kit/panel filter but i've been looking through the build threads and i'm wondering if the info at the start of them (they all seem to start in about 2007) is now outdated?

For build threads you should read: (usernames)

Westys
wellys
Prawns
Tufftys
Staceys

They offer really well documented builds of a variety of tune levels.
Be warned, even getting to 300 is not an easy or cheap task!

i live in Chapel en le frith which is whack bang in the middle of manchester and sheffield in the **** end of nowhere i'd be happy to drive somewhere unless they posted

Awesome gti are sponsors here and very reasonable

hello mate im recent to a s3 and i also know chapel as i have mates from their louis hopkins and woko etc lol im from newmills but spend 80% of my time at work down south ive had looooads of problems as i didnt look into to it properly

what kinda problems you had? don't fancy taking me out in yours do you?

lol look through my posts mate cba to rewrite a essay iv just bought a dog of a car my fault but its getting their painfully slowly and no mate as ive not sorted boost issues im going mrc for a health check next weekend

Stuie, I'd agree with whats been said here.
I'm new to S3 ownership, and got carried away with a moment of madness on ebay, and a 600 mile round trip to collect
With hindsight, I should have waited and bought from the classifieds on here from a genuine enthusiast

just had a look, you really did buy a bag of nails didn't you :/ definitely gonna have a good look around when i search for one! how much did you get yours for? just noticed someone saying you got it for a steal? can't believe someone welded your disks on! what's your name?

What would be really good, is if you go and view one, politely ask a member on here with vcds to view it with you.

people are very helpful on here. You can but ask. A current or former enthusiast owner will know a good one from a bad one.

sounds good! you guys got any meets coming up that i could come down to? be better to meet some of you guys before i go asking you to come view a car with me :p cheers :)

There is a regional meet section of the forum.
Go in there and see whats on or ask to arrange one.
There is a meet at the trafford krispy kremes this saturday, organised by r32oc but theres always loads of cars.

i can try and make that haha will you guys have your own area? and will you be out?

i was gonna say this really isn't looking good might stick with my civic! haha what's up with yours?

i was gonna say this really isn't looking good might stick with my civic! haha what's up with yours?
hahahaha this thread is going brilliantly.
I melted a piston. And im rebuulding the whole engine with a big turbo amongst other things. (the rebuild was planned btw, the piston just happened to fry itself at a really good time).

It's alright I still want one haha how much do big turbo conversions tend to cost? Do people go for hybrid turbos much?

Hope you've got deep pockets mate...... Need them in the Moneypit Club:whistle2:.....looool

Yours still awaiting the engine cecil....;)
It's been started.... On it fully as of Monday.... But I'm away again next Friday so probably won't get back till I get home about the 15th of April.....😳

stuie I bought mine for 1500 from 1750 so tbh should of known better however its getting their slowly my names Chris Wilson known quite well in your local area chapel newmills etc used to own a silver 10 plate st3 black alloys,and a silver corsa vxr carbon wrapped bonnet :/

added you on FB mate and fair enough, at least it was cheap even if it is knackered :p