post wash wax for nano grey?

nothingness

Reaction score
Any ideas on good hand applied waxes for a nano grey car? I know people recommend different ones for different colours.
My usual wash procedure is
spray or foam
2 bucket
sometimes clay
wax

And every few months add in autoglym hand polish in between clay and wax.
Thanks

Give TJ on here a shout. His ceramic wax is really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look in the detailing section you’ll find his thread. PM him about his wax.

Used it on my Golf R, T5 California and wife’s classic mini. It is the sizzle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst at it how do you get wax off windscreens? Tried everything from vinegar to autoglym glass polish. My car is unuseable in the wet due to the wipers jumping on downswing and smearing and whatever rain-x like stuff is on the screen. Literally can't use the wipers when it rains.

Whilst at it how do you get wax off windscreens? Tried everything from vinegar to autoglym glass polish. My car is unuseable in the wet due to the wipers jumping on downswing and smearing and whatever rain-x like stuff is on the screen. Literally can't use the wipers when it rains.
Have you tried a clay bar or 0000 wire wool or in extreme bar keepers friend - just be careful if using bkf near your paint as it's potent stuff
What wax are you trying to remove btw

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: nothingness
Rubbing alcohol will remove any waxes or polishes it's what they use before a vehicle gets a wrap put on

Reactions: nothingness
Try a good strong mix of washing up liquid.

Try a good strong mix of washing up liquid.
That's an interesting idea. There appears to be mixed opinions on whether washing up liquid removes wax or the surfactants in it disguise the beading until you wash the car again. I accept it will probably degrade it but certainly mechanical methods work or stronger chemicals such as bar keepers friend or panel wipe.

Have you tried a clay bar or 0000 wire wool or in extreme bar keepers friend - just be careful if using bkf near your paint as it's potent stuff
What wax are you trying to remove btw

Clay bar is on the list. I ended up polishing it again yesturday, it rained a little and it was a lot better but not perfect and a lovely (not) squelch noise on wipe up. Not going to put wire wall on my windscreen lol.
Rubbing alcohol will remove any waxes or polishes it's what they use before a vehicle gets a wrap put on
Thanks I will order some of this.

I don't know what the previous owner / Audi put on the windscreen I'm pretty sure Audi have (accidentally?) waxed the windscreen whilst waxing the car, because it beads a bit on the paint when it rains.

Reactions: Nathan89
There is also plan B - that is take it to a local detailer who should be able to remove it for not a lot of money. Would save you purchasing products that may or may not work for you and for which you may not use again

If you haven't had the car long take it back to the dealers and get them to take the wax off the windscreen but be prepared for them to F%&* it up big time and leave lots of marks scratches.
A local detailer may be best as suggested .

Hi mate you could try a high alkaline shampoo maybe garage therapy decon shampoo

Maybe something like Gyeon Prep?