Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift RS3 8V In Here

Yup... I really don't like touch screens in cars. It takes far too much attention to use. I don't have any problems with navigating the Audi MMI. I can do it with my eyes shut. Flick a switch goes between nav, radio, media, just easy.

Also, hand writing recognition on the MMI wheel I find useful so I can scribble in destinations into the nav while driving.

Yeah exactly. Looks like the hand writing recognition is moving over to the touchscreen from the carwow video, should be easier to use on a touchscreen. An annoyance I can see is, where will the air vents be? For the A1 it looks like it'll be blocked by the steering wheel, as seen in this picture. Also what will they do with the space saved from not having the MMI wheel and buttons? The A1 just has 3 cup holders now although it does have the manual handbrake.

a1_0200312.jpg

New wheels fitted
9958d265d9347fc376a03be0b8bc3b71.jpg
3152cb6e339e83d42661e87ee51d5212.jpg

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Callump01, S. and Pinky1959
Yeah exactly. Looks like the hand writing recognition is moving over to the touchscreen from the carwow video, should be easier to use on a touchscreen. An annoyance I can see is, where will the air vents be? For the A1 it looks like it'll be blocked by the steering wheel, as seen in this picture. Also what will they do with the space saved from not having the MMI wheel and buttons? The A1 just has 3 cup holders now although it does have the manual handbrake.

a1_0200312.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks it looks a bit Citroen? Hate it

I have a strong disliking for touch screens in a car. I’ve only driven 2 with it, Vauxhall Astra and a Focus... hated it equally both times. You have to put in so much concentration on where your fingers are no matter how big the buttons, then just when you’re about to hit the button.. hit a bump, end up on something totally different and before you’re on your radio favourites you’ve covered a mile without realising you’ve done it... totally dangerous, may as well allow people to text while driving.

I’ve yet to use the Touch MMI, but I’m pretty convinced I will never be sold on it.

It's basically the exact same interior as the new polo, except I think the polo infotainment system has a physical dial on each side and also fixed touchscreen buttons so you might get used to the placement. Also the air vents, to put the touchscreen there they've moved the vents to the middle where I think it'll be blocked less by the steering wheel compared to Audi's implementation

You've added some more reasons why touchscreen only is bad. I'm pretty disappointed how much Audi are following these general trends. The fake exhausts on the new cars are a concern too, its not on the A1 so hopefully the A3 range won't get that.

Still in love with this thing:)

1d0e4a253da816a0f50fcf1931794e48.jpg

158a48bc8aa775654edb52e150afe7b1.jpg

3cdbfa9b8b222d9834becc4d137e7364.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Callump01, oli356, UV-RS3 and 10 others
Reminds me of this picture I just saw on instagram.

Also in this video:

This guy got gunshots back too:

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and AudiNutta
Floret silver rocks :icon thumright:

By far the most stylish - under considered colour - Audi offer .... over looked by so many people .... but not me :whistle2: :thumbs up:

Reactions: fastolsen
Floret silver rocks :icon thumright:

By far the most stylish - under considered colour - Audi offer .... over looked by so many people .... but not me :whistle2: :thumbs up:

I’ve learnt to appreciate it and probably most of that is down to you pushing it on here, best silver on the road by far.. one of the only silvers that change in different lighting conditions?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Floret and black pack, yes please.

Reactions: NevMan, AudiNutta and Snake Pliskin
I’ve learnt to appreciate it and probably most of that is down to you pushing it on here, best silver on the road by far.. one of the only silvers that change in different lighting conditions?

ha ha ha ha ...... that made me laugh :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Yes it's a very dark silver (oddly ... looks best on a cloudy day rather than direct sunlight) :icon thumright:

Reactions: AudiNutta
ha ha ha ha ...... that made me laugh :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Yes it's a very dark silver (oddly ... looks best on a cloudy day rather than direct sunlight) :icon thumright:

Honestly that’s the truth :lmfao:

I hadn’t really spent any time looking at them until I saw pictures of your two on here, since I’ve stopped.. looked and admired :)

It’s not just silver it’s different, very smart and certainly a colour I’d be happy to have.

Reactions: DW81 and Snake Pliskin
Floret looks amazing with black pack, first time I saw the combo was on an R8 and I fell in love. One of the best silvers you can buy along with Porsche GT Silver.

Reactions: DW81 and Snake Pliskin
Feeling the love for Floret and Daytona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Daytona certainly has survived the test of time ...... but it truly is a stunnig colour :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Daytona for me is just too popular on the S3 and A3. Floret silver on the other hand, you don't really see much of them. I hope Sepang Blue comes back as a standard colour. I was just driving behind a Sepang Blue RS6 which looked amazing.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Daytona for me is just too popular on the S3 and A3. Floret silver on the other hand, you don't really see much of them. I hope Sepang Blue comes back as a standard colour. I was just driving behind a Sepang Blue RS6 which looked amazing.

A RS6 looks amazing in most colours,even makes Nardo seem attractive....you still not bought a RS3 yet.....tut ...tut

Reactions: NevMan
Feeling the love for Floret and Daytona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Being honest with ye all.... Daytona is a tad conservative.....the above lighting does Flatter Daytona....l admit,but on a day in day out bases it's a bit boring...Classy but....Boring....Detailed my mums Daytona to the max....still not a colour l would yearn for

Reactions: Rob2k68 and NevMan
Being honest with ye all.... Daytona is a tad conservative.....the above lighting does Flatter Daytona....l admit,but on a day in day out bases it's a bit boring...Classy but....Boring....Detailed my mums Daytona to the max....still not a colour l would yearn for
:sign omg::sign werd::sign spam:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and NevMan

Tis the truth...........make all the excuses...ye want still l wouldnt buy a RS3 bar in a exclusive paint....Audi's standard paints are far too conservative...No Wow factor....l love when the necks of other drivers necks turn.....as you pass them buy...Exclusive paints....=Priceless

Reactions: JamesBaby, SPIKE_, NevMan and 1 other person
:rockwoot:Arrived at the dealer today, but on holiday so 2 week wait

Given recent opinions on colours - I’m not so sure I’m a fan of this two-tone look...more suited to A1’s I think

Having said that I’ve never owned a Daytona but as long as it’s got an TS badge it wouldn’t bother me for a second - all subjective - so let’s stop being objective and applaud our fellow owners

Will post pics of my exclusive “strawberry pink” tomorrow but only if I can get the right light as I don’t want to risk being slagged off for it being maroon

Reactions: monopole
A RS6 looks amazing in most colours,even makes Nardo seem attractive....you still not bought a RS3 yet.....tut ...tut

No it's not worth it for me to get it in the middle of my S3 PCP with how the S3 value is gone down. I'm trying to line it up when my PCP ends in May 2019, I'll see how the A45 AMG is too since it should be announced soon.

Reactions: NevMan
Had a couple of my cars detailed last week

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

Reactions: Jassyo06, TYb, S. and 8 others
Thought I'd get with the program and post some pics.

20180707 153814
20180707 154119
018ED66B 2103 4FE1 A64D BFAD9BE9DB4B

Reactions: Terminator x, Pinky1959, NevMan and 10 others
RS3 01
RS3 03
RS3 04

Attachments

• RS3-05.jpg
    RS3-05.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 270
  • RS3-06.jpg
    RS3-06.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 262
Reactions: countwilliam, Pinky1959, NevMan and 8 others
Man you're killing it with these pictures!! You're doing a great job of selling Florett Silver!