Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift RS3 8V In Here

The manual states 1000km/600 miles.

Dealers will tell you don't bother but it's wrong to thrash a new car, give it time. I gave my S3 one tank below 4000rpm (300 miles), then started going to the red line but not repeatedly.

Supposed to be 306hp, dyno'd at 336hp..... did it well by the seems, or didn't do anything bad anyway.
I'm struggling to believe that 336bhp. I'd like to see it confirmed on a respected dyno.

Some updated shots. I had a few wheel swaps but am back on the HRE's and lowered on MSS sport kit springs.

Also did some interior modding to "finish" the center console with some CF and alcantara. The CF center console is from Neidfaktor and the alcantara work was done by a local shop here. Happy to be rid of all that plastic:)

Neidfaktor took my VIN to match the CF and alcantara to the exact OEM material.

Edit: Also had the Audi OEM CF mirrors and spoiler fitted.

576ad5f023498d825396d8844cad215e.jpg
69db4a5c00a28a5a3f6d9e8e90367015.jpg
2d76a1a6f3d1cefb24a277614c7c9a64.jpg
32c17d90433ad4683ed339ba41c9bff9.jpg
37025d1dee50be5283d51523515ad4e7.jpg
5190314e672e2bd78a5c66010c926ed9.jpg

13ff10292b8f547ca07f286345f326aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Broonie22, Beebee-one, Pinky1959 and 6 others
Looking real good. I would have gone for Daytona for sure if I didn't have a Daytona S3 Saloon on my street.

Floret is looking good too though. Another pic I found of it but from the side.

Reactions: Pinky1959
I'm struggling to believe that 336bhp. I'd like to see it confirmed on a respected dyno.

I struggled too but the dyno I used always underestimates, the amount of people I've seen with 400hp kitted Focus RS' that come out with 340hp is unreal haha.

He warned me before it went on, not to be disappointed if it pulled under the standard spec because it had 1500 miles on the clock. He was blown away when he saw the power output. I'd have liked to of put it on a 'respected dyno' for myself but that won't happen now.

Thebc2 - the cf and Alcantara looks like fine work, I also like the HRE's

Really do like the saloon more and more.

Not seen many Glacier White SB's pics

Just found a video of a Glacier White SB for you. Got black pack too. 3.72 seconds to 100km/h it got, the TTRS they had got 3.48 seconds to 100km/h.

Reactions: neg
It will and that is where getting used to of and understanding the car comes in. I focused on upshifts first and let it do downshifts for me. And once I was comfortable with it I turned my attention towards downshifts. The good thing with DSG boxes is that it rev-matches for you so you don't have to worry about it. But once you learn the behavior of the car and can get smarter than the ECU to downshift trust me the pleasure you get out of driving them is unbelievable!!!

Could not agree more! I drove my PFL S3 in manual + dynamic for 99% of my 30k miles. I like being in control, using it to engine brake etc.

I've just picked up my new FL RS3 and wanted to post a word of warning to those who also like to use the manual mode:

In my old DSG box, it would only ever shift once per press, no matter how fast or slow you pressed (sometimes I would even keep holding the paddle down after shifting absent mindlessly) Be careful using it the same way in the new FL RS3's! It now seems that the box can and will skip shift on hold, I've already had a few "oh ****" moments today where the box has shifted from 5th to redline 2nd :O Fine once run in, but not ideal with 100 miles on the clock!! A quick press is fine, single shift; but anything over ~1sec hold will either shift up to the highest "available" gear, same for the downshifts.

I'll post some pictures up shortly, but blown away with the car and the service from Northampton Audi. Feels much more special and engineered than the S3. My S3 with standard wheels and no mag ride, delivered the power in a big hit and needed to be stiffer. Even trying to keep the Rs3 under 5500 RPM, the power band is great and feels relentless. It feels much more planted on the road and in the corners (I have mag ride and the wider wheels) Sports exhaust seems a little quiet inside, but that's maybe to do with the sound deadening. Sounded much better on my second journey as I had the back seats down. Startup sounds awesome!! No real crackles on the downshift, but you can almost feel they are right there. The downshifts still sound aggressive to me and I'm sure it will get louder as it beds in, but at the end of the day I don't really care! It's an amazing machine and I'm looking forward to many more miles :)

Reactions: James 123, V6_Man, Terminator x and 5 others
Here is mine so far awaiting some detailing and a few changes over weekend so will post more then

Attachments

• ZepRS3_22.jpg
    ZepRS3_22.jpg
    933.7 KB · Views: 761
Reactions: BarryG79, Tristan2 and Terminator x
What's the best thing for protecting the new paintwork and alloys?

Paint protection film (£4K for a full car)

Alloys, nothing really can protect them....

Unless you mean along the lines of ceramic coating?

Do you get £4000 worth of paint protection?Does the coating do well at preventing stone chips and scratches from hedgerows?Does it give the finish more shine than normal?
Is this film the same thing as a ceramic coating?
As you can see,this is all new to me.

Here are pic after detailing.

Attachments

• Zep Rs3 4 Reduced.jpg
    Zep Rs3 4 Reduced.jpg
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 757
  • Zep Rs3 5 reduced.jpg
    Zep Rs3 5 reduced.jpg
    838.5 KB · Views: 777
  • Zep Rs3 6 reduced.jpg
    Zep Rs3 6 reduced.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 742
Reactions: 45bvtc, SPIKE_, neg and 4 others
Do you get £4000 worth of paint protection?Does the coating do well at preventing stone chips and scratches from hedgerows?Does it give the finish more shine than normal?
Is this film the same thing as a ceramic coating?
As you can see,this is all new to me.

Do some research online, that’s the best thing. PPF will stop any stone chips and if somebody keys your car, you just replace the film and the car is ok. But a £4000 PPF job isn’t warranted on an RS3, I’m getting front end only done for £1700 to stop stonechips.

The coating won’t stop any scratching, just aids with cleaning. The PPF will stop any scratching, it is self healing so any swirls repair and disappear with heat.

Whoop's, should.ve posted these here - Do'h!!

Well I ain't no "David Bailey" and the pictures were taken on an iPhone......

I am happy with my colour choice as it keeps the car nice and discreet aided of course by the delete badge option.

It is a very nice car. Only done a short journey to some friends and then home. It does seem a better chassis than the RS Q3, but of course it should as the RS Q3 chassis goes back to the MK5 Golf.

I have specced the sports exhaust but soon put it to "comfort" on the M42 and toll road coming home....... The Matrix LED headlights are superb but I don't think they respond quick enough to the lorry drivers coming the other way on a dual carriage........

The ceramics seem fine, no doubt they'll get gradually bedded in.

upload_2017-9-23_10-37-49-jpeg.136837

upload_2017-9-23_10-38-37-jpeg.136838

upload_2017-9-23_10-39-9-jpeg.136839

upload_2017-9-23_10-40-29-jpeg.136840

upload_2017-9-23_10-41-1-jpeg.136841

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Pinky1959, Terminator x and 3 others

I am happy with my colour choice as it keeps the car nice and discreet aided of course by the delete badge option.

It is a very nice car. Only done a short journey to some friends and then home. It does seem a better chassis than the RS Q3, but of course it should as the RS Q3 chassis goes back to the MK5 Golf.

I have specced the sports exhaust but soon put it to "comfort" on the M42 and toll road coming home....... The Matrix LED headlights are superb but I don't think they respond quick enough to the lorry drivers coming the other way on a dual carriage........

Congrats once again @dunes7. Awesome colour and cracking motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Those brakes :sunglasses:

Have you noticed how big the rim protector is on the pzero's .. mahoosive !

Reactions: RS3 S.

@dunes7 - Great looking RS3 buddy ! Congrats !

Love the sleeper look - especially with the ceramics!!!!

I went for the Daytona too on the saloon but kept the badges but am tempted for the delete...

Awesome car mate!

Picked up my RS3 today. I had been really unsure of my colour combination, but now having seen it I am really pleased with it. The internet pics do not do this colour justice.

Attachments

• RS3 side2  wm small file.jpg
    RS3 side2 wm small file.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 698
Reactions: BarryG79, Evotion, SPIKE_ and 3 others
Picked up my RS3 today. I had been really unsure of my colour combination, but now having seen it I am really pleased with it. The internet pics do not do this colour justice.

I don’t like black wheels, but that looks fantastic! Congratulations!

Wicked.
Looks like a blue chrome wrap in that light!

Just joined the club. Loving this car. Pretty much everything bar the mag ride and sports seats.

020FA8CF B04D 49DF ABF4 65B882E9DD52

Reactions: Evotion, TYb, Terminator x and 2 others
Was that directed to me?

Just never been a fan of black wheels, but they do suit that car well.
No nutta... it was directed to the guy who posted right above my post who said he didn’t like the Mag ride and sports seats

Reactions: AudiNutta
Why don’t you like them?

Found the mag ride too firm in dynamic. The RS suspension feels pretty good to me on all surfaces. Depends on your roads though I guess. As for the seats, I like the less fussy interior and electric adjustments.

Found the mag ride too firm in dynamic. The RS suspension feels pretty good to me on all surfaces. Depends on your roads though I guess. As for the seats, I like the less fussy interior and electric adjustments.
Ah, that's interesting.
Surely though, it's even nicer in Comfort?
If not, I can't see the point of speccing it.

Ah, that's interesting.
Surely though, it's even nicer in Comfort?
If not, I can't see the point of speccing it.

Sorry my original post was a bit ambiguous, didn’t spec the mag ride or seats. Car has everything else.

I’m in Switzerland, they’re an option here. I hear in the UK it’s rotors only though on the SB.
Yep typical Audi UK !!
To all those UK saloon owners....see my recent post on swapping rotors for blades.
Anyone intetested....?

Reactions: AudiNutta
Yep agreed, I've got standard RS suspension on my FL sportback and thinks it's just right.