Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift RS3 8V In Here

As promised some better photos of the car. I wasn't 100% on the Ara blue when I ordered but seeing it in the flesh I love it, it really changes in different lighting. Only have good things to say about the car it's a big step up from the PFL S3, much more planted and precise on turn it, not a huge amount of feel but very accurate. The sound is amazing, loud enough for me. If anyone has any questions let me know I'd be happy to help.

View attachment 135202 View attachment 135203 View attachment 135204 View attachment 135205 View attachment 135206 View attachment 135207 View attachment 135208 View attachment 135209
As promised some better photos of the car. I wasn't 100% on the Ara blue when I ordered but seeing it in the flesh I love it, it really changes in different lighting. Only have good things to say about the car it's a big step up from the PFL S3, much more planted and precise on turn it, not a huge amount of feel but very accurate. The sound is amazing, loud enough for me. If anyone has any questions let me know I'd be happy to help.

View attachment 135202 View attachment 135203 View attachment 135204 View attachment 135205 View attachment 135206 View attachment 135207 View attachment 135208 View attachment 135209
just taken delivery of an ara blue with alu pack. The colour is stunning complimented with black or alu dependent on your preference. If you have one on order you will not be disappointed (previous s4,owner)

Reactions: Evotion
Which country are you in @Ehicks?

Edit - Just looked at your info and see that you are UK based. I thought you might have been from another country as nobody else seems to have seen the illuminated inlays in the UK.

What colour are they illuminated?

Yep, UK, Surrey been killing me waiting for the car whilst I have been on holiday, it's been sat there for 12 days! They are illuminated white, will post some pics later on

Here you go chaps, Daytona Grey, black pack, titanium wheels, red calipers, sports exhaust

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    679.2 KB · Views: 663
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    653.2 KB · Views: 636
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    663.7 KB · Views: 639
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    523.8 KB · Views: 610
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 613
Reactions: N88 RBN, SPIKE_, phantom_s3 and 5 others
Which country are you in @Ehicks?

Edit - Just looked at your info and see that you are UK based. I thought you might have been from another country as nobody else seems to have seen the illuminated inlays in the UK.

Audi UK price list which includes all standard and optional equipment: https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/...lists/rs-3-sportback-and-saloon-pricelist.pdf

I couldn't see illuminated inlays, but if you mean door sills then the RS3 logo is illuminated on that, and I saw the door projector with the AudiSport logo yesterday, basically anyone without will think whats the point, but if you have one it is a pretty damn cool feature I think :)

Reactions: Evotion
Yep, UK, Surrey been killing me waiting for the car whilst I have been on holiday, it's been sat there for 12 days! They are illuminated white, will post some pics later on
Just to confirm you have alu race inlays right?

@Ehicks - I'm wondering if we are talking about the same thing here. What people were thinking you meant, was that you'd got "illuminated door inlays" as in:

image-jpeg.97980

and not illuminated door sill kick plates:

121713-dcbdd1986fe24418184e170619e92ee0.jpg

Yeah I was asking about the inlays (not specifically the door). I saw on the Q2 that they get LEDs in different colours.

maxresdefault.jpg

1483524916756.jpg

Yeah I was asking about the inlays (not specifically the door). I saw on the Q2 that they get LEDs in different colours

I am wondering (again!!!) if that is why the standard inlays appear to have such a mega thick layer of varnish/clear coat, if its to help with the lighting.....

That is spot on, wheels work perfectly with Daytona.

I can't get over how sometimes the titanium finish wheels look light and then as in the pictures above they look dark.......

Yeah I was asking about the inlays (not specifically the door). I saw on the Q2 that they get LEDs in different colours.

maxresdefault.jpg

1483524916756.jpg

I am wondering (again!!!) if that is why the standard inlays appear to have such a mega thick layer of varnish/clear coat, if its to help with the lighting.....

Aaaaahh apologies, in which case no, not on my car anyway which has carbon, only doorsills, footwells and around the b&o door speaker

That is spot on, wheels work perfectly with Daytona.

Thanks mate, looks amazing IMO, mud flaps and a crystal serum next week and it will look great. Just slightly dissapointed in how quiet it is :(

I can't get over how sometimes the titanium finish wheels look light and then as in the pictures above they look dark.......
You want to see mine...not washed in probably two months of hard use, you can't see the contrast!

You want to see mine...not washed in probably two months of hard use, you can't see the contrast!

I'm gonna be interested to see how my ceramics perform regarding dust. On the RS Q3 that I'll be returning, the front pads (factory supplied ones) have been the most dust producing I've ever seen..........

The RS3 is bad for brake dust. Or certainly the standard pads are. Give it a matter of days and they're covered. And I wouldn't say I brake excessively hard.

Thanks mate, looks amazing IMO, mud flaps and a crystal serum next week and it will look great. Just slightly dissapointed in how quiet it is :(

Is that comparing it to a PFL or just what you expected?

Why don't you get it washed? Haha! I can't go a week without washing mine.
Laziness. And I quite like the rugged look. Looks like it's been rallying in Wales at the moment!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Laziness. And I quite like the rugged look. Looks like it's been rallying in Wales at the moment!

£5 car wash is better than ruined ;)

See 99.9% of people will look at think "look at that t** in his £50k car and can't even be bothered to have it washed" :tearsofjoy:

£5 car wash is better than ruined ;)

See 99.9% of people will look at think "look at that t** in his £50k car and can't even be bothered to have it washed" :tearsofjoy:
£5 car wash would ruin the paintwork! I either wash it myself (rarely) or we have a detailer come to our office to give our cars a £30 inside and out and who has it looking like it's come out of the showroom.

£5 car wash would ruin the paintwork! I either wash it myself (rarely) or we have a detailer come to our office to give our cars a £30 inside and out and who has it looking like it's come out of the showroom.

Life would be so much easier if I wasn't clean obsessive ;)

Life would be so much easier if I wasn't clean obsessive ;)
Leaving it a bit dirty won't harm the car as long as there isn't bird poo and the like all over it. And then when it is cleaned it's like you've got yourself a new car!

Is that comparing it to a PFL or just what you expected?

Expectation, have just come from a Mountune focus RS which was loud, I knew it wouldn't be like that but was hoping for more in terms of pops when downshifting etc. And I do have the sports exhaust....

Reactions: Radman and AudiNutta
Expectation, have just come from a Mountune focus RS which was loud, I knew it wouldn't be like that but was hoping for more in terms of pops when downshifting etc. And I do have the sports exhaust....
You need a PFL for the pops and crackles on downshift. Other than that, how are you finding it?

Reactions: Radman
You need a PFL for the pops and crackles on downshift. Other than that, how are you finding it?
Absolutely love it, power delivery is phenomenal, and the sound of the engine is superb. I also think the overall build quality is superb, anyone waiting will love it! About to go out for a blast!

Just went to my local Audi and they had an RS3 Saloon there. The doors were closed so couldn't sit inside, don't think I'd go for this colour again though.

1WrWUlB.jpg

I really can’t decide on the alloys. There are benefits and disadvantages to both.

Standard Alloys

Positive:
Not mirror finish so easier to repair.
Same size tyres front and back so easier to replace/fix
Less tax due to same size tyres
Costs less as a standard option

Negative:
Doesn’t look as good as the titanium or black finish mirror alloys
Doesn’t handle as well (but honestly unless your on a track you wouldn’t care or notice)

And the final thought... we can always order the other wheels after and sell on the standard alloys. They are around £700 each.

Those are the reasons why I stuck with std wheels on my order..... plus I never keep stock wheels on the car anyway..... so just no point for me

And for the same money I can go bigger and wider/ same as the option wheel and still save on tax...... now and it would probably cost the same as the option.... plus I would have a spare set of wheels if I ever needed it!!!!!

That for me is a no brainer!!!!!

I have the same thought with the alloys. Having seen the standard ones in person now, they do seem quite cheap compared to my S3 alloys and even the S-line A5 alloys you can see in the second pic. I am 100% going Floret Silver though so it could fit the car.

Finally I've found a pic of an RS3 Saloon in the spec I want (Floret Silver + Black Pack). I think I could get away with no red brakes then, won't get ACC either so no radar in the grill.

Reactions: SPIKE_, Ed_rx7 and AudiNutta
Finally I've found a pic of an RS3 Saloon in the spec I want (Floret Silver + Black Pack). I think I could get away with no red brakes then, won't get ACC either so no radar in the grill.

Very nice! It needs the Pano roof! Wish mine was going to have it

Really do like the saloon more and more.

Not seen many Glacier White SB's pics

Nice, I was after one with standard wheels too - I've stuck with the standard as planning to change and avoiding the extra tax - trying to kid myself I have saved money somehow :huh:

They don't look too bad, the generated images on the config app doesn't do them any favours.

Standard wheels look even worse in the flesh. A real let down on a £45k car.

Reactions: neg
Nice, I was after one with standard wheels too - I've stuck with the standard as planning to change and avoiding the extra tax - trying to kid myself I have saved money somehow :huh:

They don't look too bad, the generated images on the config app doesn't do them any favours.

I think they look terrible to be honest. I opted for optional alloys but i wasnt charged the extra tax

Morning gents.
Picked her up yesterday, apologies for the poor pics....
Initial impressions bearing in mind the dealer told me to keep it below 5000 for the first 500 miles! And coming from three S3's in the past.
- Love the VC dash, lots of toys and a lot of info - perhaps too much info in fact !
- The noise is very good, its loud all the time not just above 3000 then again I have been driving in sport / dynamic mode pretty much all the time!
Performance is very strong, even keeping below 5000 it is effortlessly fast - had a Focus RS driver slow down to take a look as I went past him and he didn't even attempt to keep up when I gave it the beans!
Been driving on Mway, A and B roads and the Std RS suspension is great I have no complaints about not selecting mag ride - there are enough settings to change on the DSG and drive select without having to worry about suspension as well.
All in all very happy....must admit though the fuel consumption is defo worse than the S3 !!

Attachments

• 1.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 369
  • 2.pdf
    621.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 3.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 230
  • 4.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 267
  • 5.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 265
  • 6.pdf