Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

North Queensferry on one of the few cloudy evenings in weeks. Pity the sun hadn’t stayed out for you Matt. THE Forth Bridge is stunning in any weather (as is the S3 lol). Hopefully many more road trip pics to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Rolly12, NevMan and 1 other person
North Queensferry on one of the few cloudy evenings in weeks. Pity the sun hadn’t stayed out for you Matt. THE Forth Bridge is stunning in any weather (as is the S3 lol). Hopefully many more road trip pics to follow

Just needs painting blue next time round! Didn't really get as many pics as i was expecting to really, but hopefully some good ones
Shouldn't really moan but there was actually too much sun for pics all week, a lot of glare on the panels.
Lots of pic spots on the single track roads but didn't want to take up the passing places for them

Reactions: Broonie22, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Just needs painting blue next time round! Didn't really get as many pics as i was expecting to really, but hopefully some good ones
Shouldn't really moan but there was actually too much sun for pics all week, a lot of glare on the panels.
Lots of pic spots on the single track roads but didn't want to take up the passing places for them

They’ve never finished painting it orange in the past 128 years Matt, bet the painters would love to hear it’s the wrong colour lol
Glad you had a blast up North. Plenty more to see though so come back soon mate

Reactions: Broonie22, BarryG79, NevMan and 2 others
They are really good on dark roads at night... to put it simply you can drive around with your main beam on without worrying about other road users. Clever tech. Visually you of course get the sweeping indicators front aswell as the rear. They look nice and crisp too especially if you know what you are looking at spec wise.

Whether its worth the money or not is a difficult question depends how much you value the above. Its also nice to have a rare extra. Not many people go for the matrix im guessing its based on the opinion its not worth the money to upgrade over standard.

Not having the dynamic indicators on the front really ****** my OCD off haha. I've seen some videos of the Matrix lights and they look really good, but its a little hard to tell from a video.

Reactions: MoKha, SamR92 and NevMan
No, should only need approx 7L to fill it

I did think I was being a d&ck when writing that, but then thought maybe needs more resin for 7l capacity.

That is a lot cheaper than raceglaze resin then, safely bookemarked, thanks again @Tom.H

Reactions: Tom.H
Not having the dynamic indicators on the front really ****** my OCD off haha. I've seen some videos of the Matrix lights and they look really good, but its a little hard to tell from a video.
Only a car Anorak like yourself would notice the difference between the non matrix/matrix front indicators @£900 Well they where last year its a expensive option indeed over standard led headlights especially when they only operate on unlit roads
@MoKha there's a lot of members on here with the matrix candles all daft members should l say have them

Reactions: TonkS3, Mythos and NevMan
Only a car Anorak like yourself would notice the difference between the non matrix/matrix front indicators @£900 Well they where last year its a expensive option indeed over standard led headlights especially when they only operate on unlit roads
@MoKha there's a lot of members on here with the matrix candles all daft members should l say have them

Or members that weren’t fussed about paying a little more road tax so they could get everything they wanted ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tej13 and Jassyo06

Was probably one of those, “might as well” options.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rolly12
fbdi0.jpg

Reactions: Ron240, Jcbmally, BillyGiann and 7 others
Just completed 590 mile round trip to Manchester airport, averaged about 70mph, 36mpg and car didn’t miss a beat, was wonderful to drive even for hours at a time. Clocked up 5k miles now too. Now for the big clean up, clay bar and polish. Bit annoying because it still won’t look as pristine as MattSedg’s but I will do my best.
D66F6751 90FD 4161 A1DA 002D16A38A41
BA83DD67 D478 4006 8C6E 02E28AA68885
7A0738E4 5008 4841 8F25 9FF4FE8F1031
F3824184 6E5B 4895 A3FE 5AC94A85A181

Reactions: Pinky1959, NevMan, Audi Bairn and 4 others
Just completed 590 mile round trip to Manchester airport, averaged about 70mph, 36mpg and car didn’t miss a beat, was wonderful to drive even for hours at a time. Clocked up 5k miles now too. Now for the big clean up, clay bar and polish. Bit annoying because it still won’t look as pristine as MattSedg’s but I will do my best.
View attachment 160360 View attachment 160361 View attachment 160362 View attachment 160363

Looks better in a 'bug wrap' as well

Reactions: NevMan
this is my S3 for 6 days
I love this car

Attachments

• a04fc263a76b.jpg
    a04fc263a76b.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 305
  • 177ba01ddfb4.jpg
    177ba01ddfb4.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: SeoTFSI, Jcbmally, MattSedg and 2 others
View attachment 160360 View attachment 160361 View attachment 160362 View attachment 160363
Need to lose the screws out your front plate, looks much better without.

not going to be uploading any pics from my trip in order, so heres one overlooking Skye, from Bealach na ba viewpoint!

Skye view insta

Reactions: Broonie22, Ron240, SeoTFSI and 10 others
not going to be uploading any pics from my trip in order, so heres one overlooking Skye, from Bealach na ba viewpoint!

View attachment 160388

Mr Sedg you are teasing us! lol
Brings back memories of when my sis lived on Skye and we visited every year - stunning drive too as you now know!

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and MattSedg
Mr Sedg you are teasing us! lol
Brings back memories of when my sis lived on Skye and we visited every year - stunning drive too as you now know!
applcross pass was probably one of the highlights of the whole route, probably my favourite bit of road in the UK!

just a shame it all clouded over that afternoon and ruined the plans for a sunset shot

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
applcross pass was probably one of the highlights of the whole route, probably my favourite bit of road in the UK!

just a shame it all clouded over that afternoon and ruined the plans for a sunset shot

When we plan your next trip Matt, you'll just need to revisit this bit............. you've only touched the tip of the iceberg :salute:

Reactions: Jcbmally and MattSedg
When we plan your next trip Matt, you'll just need to revisit this bit............. you've only touched the tip of the iceberg :salute:

Aye he drove right past Falkirk and missed out on The Kelpies and The Falkirk Wheel

Reactions: Jcbmally, Ian66 and Audi Bairn
Aye he drove right past Falkirk and missed out on The Kelpies and The Falkirk Wheel

Not forgetting the Falkirk Stadium Barry lol

Reactions: Ian66 and BarryG79
Just back from the dealer after collecting the new wagon.

Off for a new car detail/ceramic coating next Thursday any luck so photos to follow once I get it back.

Can’t fault the dealer at all, asked them not to touch the car in anyway, left as much protective wrapping on as they could which was good to see and the paint has definitely benefitted as a result

Attachments

• 20CE3DAF-2F3F-48D2-B08E-DA07362A7A38.jpeg
    20CE3DAF-2F3F-48D2-B08E-DA07362A7A38.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 288
Reactions: Broonie22, Pinky1959, NevMan and 6 others
Congrats on the new saloon....Where was the pic taken?

Thanks!

That is Ilfacombe in North Devon. The headland in the background is the Capstone.

I have actually had the saloon since Nov, but its the first time I have been back there to see friends since having it. The picture of the white one was taken in 2015, so I thought I would try and get the same shot - didn't stand in exactly the same place though......

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Flying Scotsman
Thanks!

That is Ilfacombe in North Devon. The headland in the background is the Capstone.

I have actually had the saloon since Nov, but its the first time I have been back there to see friends since having it. The picture of the white one was taken in 2015, so I thought I would try and get the same shot - didn't stand in exactly the same place though......

Stunning part of the world. Been there a few years ago (we have relatives in Bude) and would love to go back.

Reactions: Tej13
Stunning part of the world. Been there a few years ago (we have relatives in Bude) and would love to go back.

It is a beautiful part of the country, especially with this weather - can be a bit bleak in the depths of winter though, when everything is closed.

The roads are awesome also, very few trucks and buses mean the roads are mostly smooth - the car got a bit of a ragging over the weekend!

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn
I posted my car in the pfl section so I'll just leave my Navarra s3 here I'm loving everything apart from the parcel shelf rattling/vibrating from any bass
IMG 5421

Last edited:
Reactions: Broonie22, Ron240, Pinky1959 and 7 others
Thanks!

Shame on you! Drive back and take it again from the correct spot :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Tej13
Wash & wax

Attachments

• EAE03E25-6117-4400-A740-0869AD1321D3.jpeg
    EAE03E25-6117-4400-A740-0869AD1321D3.jpeg
    352.1 KB · Views: 233
Reactions: Broonie22, BarryG79, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Very nice Jassy, car's looking minted. What are you using on your tyres mate?
A few products lol but the one I would recommend is fireball tyre wax, but give your tyres a good scrub with a nail brush/brush/fairy liquid before application mate

Reactions: S3tuart, Audi Bairn, Ian66 and 1 other person