Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

I don't have the Audi sign puddle lights. I thought that this was standard on the S3? I contacted the dealer today and he didn't have clue what I was talking about. Are they standard or part of some pack I dont have?

Thought they were standard? I've got advanced tech pack but don't think that's anything to do with lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68
Thought they were standard? I've got advanced tech pack but don't think that's anything to do with lighting?

I have advanced tech as well. Must be a saloon thing but can't think why that would be the case.

Saloons do tend to attract a slightly older buyer who may not be quite so enamoured with such trinkets and tinsel. Even I'm pretty doubtful about them. They have distinct whif of Halfords about them, so if they weren't standard, I wouldn't be adding them.

Reactions: Jassyo06, ChivsBang, SpeedyFrog and 3 others
I have advanced tech as well. Must be a saloon thing but can't think why that would be the case.

Only the 3 door on the website actually lists them. Hmmmm very strange.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and Simon L

The A3/S3 saloon PDF I have shows Audi beam as standard on the S3 saloon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Audi Beam is shown as standard on S3 Saloon in the PDF brochure i have also - any ideas how to upload a PDF?

Here's a pic for now

360f21ef071dba006e1aa4b84f5e6fe5.png

26ceda7adc3afa2f4d9526e33719b0fc.png

Edit: Pauly69 beat me to it above

The A3/S3 saloon PDF I have shows Audi beam as standard on the S3 saloon.

It's also in the latest price list, the one which includes the black editions.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
It's also in the latest price list, the one which includes the black editions.

Thanks guys. I will be onto it tomorrow. I will let you know how I get on. Small detail I know but I have paid the money.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pauly69
Thanks guys. I will be onto it tomorrow. I will let you know how I get on. Small detail I know but I have paid the money.

Thanks, please do report back. If mine ever turns up I'll be kicking off if it's missing this! It's the only reason I'm switching from the PFL ;)

Reactions: Gordo77 and SpeedyFrog
Worth checking out, out of interest does your S3 have LED lighting on exterior door handles only it mentions this on s line and above and other members say they haven't got it??

Got the puddle lights on my S3 Sportback.
Would I add them if they were not standard? No
Do they put a smile on my face when I open the door? Yes

Reactions: Mort66, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 4 others
So I got my S3 in April and never thought a face-lift would prompt me to upgrade. 7 speed, more settings, and puddle lights. Wow.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
Stunning colour, that looks fab. What did you have applied, it is soooooo shiny.

I had the dealer drop the car off at Elite Car Care in Maidenhead, who I found via GTechniqs website.

They gave the car a thorough clean and an all over machine polish, followed by G-Techniq Crystal Serum & EXOv2, G4 to polish the glasshouse with G1 hydrophobic coating, C5 wheel armour, C6 to protect the dash, carpets and interior plastics, and L1 leather guard on the seats.

Since the dealer didn't fancy re-washing a detailed car, he suggested we do the final handover at Elite's premises instead.

I've got a set of Alloy-Gators to go on too, since I'm ultra paranoid of clipping kerbs.
The Dunlop SportMaxx tyre fitted by Audi (no Hankook ditchfinders on this car) do have fairly substantial rim guards already though.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Brasso, Simon L and 3 others
I had the dealer drop the car off at Elite Car Care in Maidenhead, who I found via GTechniqs website.

They gave the car a thorough clean and an all over machine polish, followed by G-Techniq Crystal Serum & EXOv2, G4 to polish the glasshouse with G1 hydrophobic coating, C5 wheel armour, C6 to protect the dash, carpets and interior plastics, and L1 leather guard on the seats.

I've got a set of Alloy-Gators to go on too, since I'm ultra paranoid of clipping kerbs.
The Dunlop SportMaxx tyre fitted by Audi (no Hankook ditchfinders on this car) do have fairly substantial rim guards already though.
Looool ditchfinders. Used to be Continentals on PFL.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Brasso and Rob2k68

I have them on my FL saloon if that helps.

Ain't these projection logos a dealer accessory sure they are....they ain't standard factory fitment

Ain't these projection logos a dealer accessory sure they are....they ain't standard factory fitment
I didn't order them, but I've definitely got them.

A freebie? From Audi?

Reactions: Jassyo06, SpeedyFrog, Simon L and 3 others
They are listed as standard spec on S3 so I expect will be done at factory.

Reactions: Soup, SpeedyFrog and Gordo77
Emailed the dealer with images of the PDF posted earlier. No reply. I will keep on the case.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and SpeedyFrog

Since the dealer didn't fancy re-washing a detailed car, he suggested we do the final handover at Elite's premises instead.

Well it looks absolutely stunning. Definitely a car to be proud of.

Hope you don't mind me asking but was all that treatment expensive I've been getting some horrifying quotes for a new car detail at the moment particularly for gtechniq stuff.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and SpeedyFrog
Nice one... now someone needs to work out what Dynamic actually means on the Quattro setting!

Gordo dont get all excited mate.....it'll still bounce when required...lol....Again.... it will be the Quattro works better on the FL...lol just like its supposed sound better aswell....Bollards the Facelifts looks way better end of....thats it.....anybody that says differently is brainwashed.....l like the facelift a lot but its still the same car.....drove me boys saloon today it looked the nuts in Mythos......classy breif...may even get one myself lol

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 3 others
Gordo dont get all excited mate.....it'll still bounce when required...lol....Again.... it will be the Quattro works better on the FL...lol just like its supposed sound better aswell....Bollards the Facelifts looks way better end of....thats it.....anybody that says differently is brainwashed.....l like the facelift a lot but its still the same car.....drove me boys saloon today it looked the nuts in Mythos......classy breif...may even get one myself lol

l must admit that New GRILL...is off the scale, especially in darker coloured cars.....the Vidal Saloon is a class act

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68

Hope you don't mind me asking but was all that treatment expensive I've been getting some horrifying quotes for a new car detail at the moment particularly for gtechniq stuff.

I

The pricing is ****** eye watering, but there are a lot of hours involved. Gtechniq publish the prices on their website, and there very little deviation between approved detailing firms. From what I've read it's worth it though, and so far I'm not disappointed. If I'd bought a lighter, easier to care for colour I might not have bothered, but my last car was black so I know only to well the hours if graft required to keep a dark colour looking good, and this Gtechniq gear is certainly a lot better than the Autoglym Lifeshine crap that I got fleeced with on a previous car.

IMG 0816

Reactions: Brasso, Simon L, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
Anybody else not a bit worried about that bike next to it???

That angle is a little deceptive, that bike was far enough away not to be a worry.
I'm more worried by the prospect of putting my own bikes on it. Ive got some Thule rack mounts that are really really good, but you have to be a bit careful securing weird shaped frames, and it's always a bit of a sphincter loosening moment lifting them on and off the car, especially the Heath Robinson electric one as it's not exactly a featherweight.
IMG 0818 IMG 0817

Reactions: S32B, Simon L, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
That angle is a little deceptive, that bike was far enough away not to be a worry.
I'm more worried by the prospect of putting my own bikes on it. Ive got some Thule rack mounts that are really really good, but you have to be a bit careful securing weird shaped frames, and it's always a bit of a sphincter loosening moment lifting them on and off the car, especially the Heath Robinson electric one as it's not exactly a featherweight.
View attachment 106466 View attachment 106465
Sounds scary enough!
For that very reason no bikes on the roof! Back seats folded and bike inside. Of course only one fits and no more back seats but my sphincter will stay tight! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Simon L
I

The pricing is ****** eye watering, but there are a lot of hours involved. Gtechniq publish the prices on their website, and there very little deviation between approved detailing firms. From what I've read it's worth it though, and so far I'm not disappointed. If I'd bought a lighter, easier to care for colour I might not have bothered, but my last car was black so I know only to well the hours if graft required to keep a dark colour looking good, and this Gtechniq gear is certainly a lot better than the Autoglym Lifeshine **** that I got fleeced with on a previous car.

View attachment 106463

I thought as much and I agree it's worth the outlay on a dark colour. I'd been contemplating crystal light and evo as it wasn't a gtechniq approved place given the approved cost, but seeing your car is certainly making me think twice of going the whole hog. I just can't get over how shiny it is.

Quick question if anyone can help me, I placed an order for my s3 at the end of September and wanted the black styling pack but was told that was I wasn't able to as it is not available on the s3 FL until 2017. I now see it has been added on the Configurator. Am I able to amend my order? I have already paid for the b+o and privacy glass so would only be adding the new alloys and gloss grill/ mirrors etc. Also has any one recently ordered and specced the black styling pack? Long winded question apologies
IMG 5038
IMG 5036

Reactions: ChivsBang and GSB