Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

Finally got summer wheels on today. Also washed her. View attachment 179457 View attachment 179458
I saw pictures of your car before and wanted to comment on your side skirts. They are a copy of A4/A5 s-line side skirts. I bought them for my 8PA because a seller stated they should fit the 8P Sportback. They didn't, obviously, but I tried to put them to the side of a Seat Leon (MQB) and they fit well. Are they from ebay? I think these side skirts is a nice alternative to the original 8V ones if you aren't ready to invest in an entire S/S-line body kit.

Those came with the car. They are called stone protectors here in Finland. I have not measured them if they are same length as in B8. Also all B8's came equipped with the sidekirts in Finland. No matter if it is a S-line or not.

Those came with the car. They are called stone protectors here in Finland. I have not measured them if they are same length as in B8. Also all B8's came equipped with the sidekirts in Finland. No matter if it is a S-line or not.
Yeah, Americans call them stone guards. The B8 ones are longer. The ones I bought were the right length for the MQB A3/Golf7/Leon. The seller still offers them to the 8P owners despite I returned them for a full refund and described why they did not fit.

nice trip to the lakes in my new baby

Reactions: Jcbmally, josul, Audi Bairn and 5 others
I can not begin to tell you how excited I am to be able to post in this forum. Here's my 2018 S3 which was brand new when I picked it up yesterday. The weather has been hot garbage for the past few days so not really had a chance to take any outside photos yet (they'll come, trust me) but here she is:
IMG 0876 IMG 7021 IMG 8914

Reactions: Pinky1959, dp_motley, Jcbmally and 7 others
Reactions: Jcbmally and ProbablyNotCalledTom
Did some spring cleaning yesterday.
Polished the winter damages away with a DAS6 copy and Meguiars Ultimate compound. Wax I used is Meguiars #16. Still one of the best sealants there is on the market.

mQhfLE6gbNhmelWObFIotbBnefVX4Rrtab6c_dwRNCPIZyLwFpL2qHbyRaP4UYcun2m523gVD7bjX88aAlGLT6hcwOsn1i3VOjJUHwgyWWON5ADseyuHKeTYadV3VemdkJCK4YjUig=w1345-h635-no

1eAgLUETTGxZuusE74xohLAYYPmjq0wsud54diQl8vJj4sUjA5drzJlGGAteQyhqJ_YQ1M5sDMUtNMi0OD2Y0G3V5qmNf_bvojN17WbR3J7UXjYRheBkiS0g0ie6ZUAXyeRuVR6bMQ=w1345-h635-no

MhnMOBSghGLSRyLo4WBIOXLyEGQDQAgEwEyF6hEbBsVqQ7gUaJWIDhqLd6gUC-AS_qK5u4K73rT470lPHZUJ0MLMYgInAHikrgrtZCRMn5TXIGvVR2iIvAlyaWm-YW7hu024LMV90g=w1345-h635-no

JMdWLvXa9_WCctjS7aUhYxahhjeYMVEDj4U6a25GFXonZB-InBLyI82a6Yy4bg_rbIetbKe80siQN-w3-dFT0KhzFvo8UfAZhxf5VyfuSaK4-0X4-dpO2BLL9uHHfN7ExDoy8PfU_A=w300-h635-no

jxDPNwxsFO0RzN8Kqh3DJtl42SMoL3dKGViUq5n6YUjuKLnynhI4637JYWVZLeoYXny1T_BmgZFLlGJXW2dLjfjrkhUMFcnutJapHrfHSxyi5CXRK0chp7sWCIwR0qL0dzroVF6tBw=w300-h635-no

Next project is to fix the right side wheels, which my son curbed on Saturday. Well, I had them on for two weeks after the previous refurb. Life is...

Reactions: Jcbmally, AlS3BE and Audi Bairn
Few pics of my pride and joy, Mythos black S3, Black Edition. Owned for 3 weeks now, have fitted Eibach Sportline lowering springs and 15/20mm spacers. VAGSport res delete kit going on this weekend, if I get time.

As you can see, photography isn’t my strong point!

Attachments

• 6FE77CB0-059A-4E28-9EE1-71ABB86B193D.jpeg
    6FE77CB0-059A-4E28-9EE1-71ABB86B193D.jpeg
    612.5 KB · Views: 534
  • DD7022AB-4E55-4435-9D5D-EA70E8077D86.jpeg
    DD7022AB-4E55-4435-9D5D-EA70E8077D86.jpeg
    474.2 KB · Views: 554
  • 0552D5CE-90DA-448E-BBDF-0E63C2314127.jpeg
    0552D5CE-90DA-448E-BBDF-0E63C2314127.jpeg
    869.8 KB · Views: 550
  • B35C191F-9B35-46F9-BB5B-FF85AB1DE632.jpeg
    B35C191F-9B35-46F9-BB5B-FF85AB1DE632.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 531
  • FEC71CE2-724C-4128-A19D-AE12EC2FA8D0.jpeg
    FEC71CE2-724C-4128-A19D-AE12EC2FA8D0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 532
Reactions: JimmyMcGee, NevMan, dmpx and 8 others
Few pics of my pride and joy, Mythos black S3, Black Edition. Owned for 3 weeks now, have fitted Eibach Sportline lowering springs and 15/20mm spacers. VAGSport res delete kit going on this weekend, if I get time.

I just wanted to say that I liked your pictures :) And your car too. Is your rim width 8J or 8.5J (plus the spacers)? The stance looks great with the sportlines and this wide track.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Thanks. The wheels are standard Black Edition 18 x 7.5J. Tyres are 225/40 x 18R. The spacers really make a big difference to the look, slightly more aggressive stance, but not too “in your face”.

Looks good :) Is that without magride? Trying to decide (struggling) if I want pro or sportline springs for my PFL with 18s and no magride.. I just feel like sportline would be too low, but i like the look of yours! Need to get the tape measure out lol

No magride. Like you, I was unsure wether to go for Pro or Sportline, in the end I think I made the right choice. I’m sure if I’d gone Pro I’d now be wishing I’d gone lower.

Reactions: oli356
Looks really good mate. I do like the black with the black edition, just looks mean.

Very nice! :sunglasses:

From VAG meet yesterday with my friend in his totally awesome Heineken bug!

First, the attentive viewer may have seen that may Method Effects splitter is no longer mounted. Let's just say that I gutted and I blame myself for not securing it with bolts in the front of the splitter and not just using plastic screws (oem Audi screws). It couldn't handle 230km/t... It got lose in the front and fortunately the bolts in each side kept it on the car but it bent down and got grated like a cheese on the road (1cm was just cut off on the front). Sounded like my gearbox went boom so I was kind of relived when I saw it was "only" the splitter. I'm so sorry @MattSedg :slapped:

Second, I've posted a video of my exhaust since I fitted the JB4. It pops a little more now and occasionally you also get this big pop which just makes you smile and laugh as you can hear ;) (it did this before but not that often)

New Maxton splitter and some other mods are next.

Enjoy...

59599970 1040917729437912 5014839368548876288 o

59663109 1040917582771260 8997446848595623936 o

59748760 1040917656104586 4177664910148239360 o

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, MattSedg, Audi Bairn and 3 others
First, the attentive viewer may have seen that may Method Effects splitter is no longer mounted. Let's just say that I gutted and I blame myself for not securing it with bolts in the front of the splitter and not just using plastic screws (oem Audi screws). It couldn't handle 230km/t... It got lose in the front and fortunately the bolts in each side kept it on the car but it bent down and got grated like a cheese on the road (1cm was just cut off on the front). Sounded like my gearbox went boom so I was kind of relived when I saw it was "only" the splitter. I'm so sorry @MattSedg :slapped:

Mine did exactly the same mate, literally crapped myself when I heard the noise. It was dark, so couldn't see it was the splitter, because as you said, the thing was held on at the sides still. I had to drive 30 odd miles home as had no tools and it was a late Sunday evening with nothing open! I don't think I'll be getting another Method effects one, there are now better ones on the market I think.

Mine did exactly the same mate, literally crapped myself when I heard the noise. It was dark, so couldn't see it was the splitter, because as you said, the thing was held on at the sides still. I had to drive 30 odd miles home as had no tools and it was a late Sunday evening with nothing open! I don't think I'll be getting another Method effects one, there are now better ones on the market I think.

I also had to change my underwear after that episode :whistle2: But kinda glad it's not just me that have experienced this since the first I did was blaming myself despite just following the guide from Method Effect during fitting.

I had to brake it off and saw a part of it off with my swiss army knive - must have looked like a complete joke sitting there and sawing in my car... :boxing:

R.I.P.

Upload 2019 5 7 12 56 54

Upload 2019 5 7 12 57 25

Upload 2019 5 7 12 56 23

Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn
I also had to change my underwear after that episode :whistle2: But kinda glad it's not just me that have experienced this since the first I did was blaming myself despite just following the guide from Method Effect during fitting.

I had to brake it off and saw a part of it off with my swiss army knive - must have looked like a complete joke sitting there and sawing in my car... :boxing:

R.I.P.

View attachment 181915

View attachment 181916

View attachment 181914

Ouch! I'm sitting here cringing on your behalf guys that must've been an uncomfortable experience listening to that :scared2:

Reactions: Mark_86
@Lehn Yeah, the two bolts that hold the ends are still attached to my car because they'd rusted and I threaded them trying to get em off. So, I need to take an angle grinder to the heads at some point. You can't see them, but I know they're there and it bothers me lol.

Reactions: NevMan
Ouch! I'm sitting here cringing on your behalf guys that must've been an uncomfortable experience listening to that :scared2:

Wasn't cool. You feel it through the footwell too... I was convinced I'd ******** the box or a driveshaft. Not that it would've mattered, she's still under warranty and Audi have seen more of her than I do lol

From VAG meet yesterday with my friend in his totally awesome Heineken bug!

Second, I've posted a video of my exhaust since I fitted the JB4. It pops a little more now and occasionally you also get this big pop which just makes you smile and laugh as you can hear ;) (it did this before but not that often)

New Maxton splitter and some other mods are next.

Enjoy...

View attachment 181900

View attachment 181901

View attachment 181902

gutted mate! at least it didnt go flying under the car

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Mark_86 and oli356
Just found this forum and wanted to take a moment and share the love with my new pride and joy - picked her up on the weekend from Stoke, 100 mile drive back to Wakefield driving her back home - first car, and for me she's an absolute beaut.

Attachments

• Audi_s3_cropped.jpg
    Audi_s3_cropped.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 448
  • Audi_s3_cropped1.jpg
    Audi_s3_cropped1.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 458
  • Audi_s3_cropped2.jpg
    Audi_s3_cropped2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 436
Reactions: BarryG79, josul, dp_motley and 6 others
Just found this forum and wanted to take a moment and share the love with my new pride and joy - picked her up on the weekend from Stoke, 100 mile drive back to Wakefield driving her back home - first car, and for me she's an absolute beaut.

:yahoo: Welcome!

Lovely car mate. Love the colour and wheel combo! Enjoy.

What spec did you go for?

Reactions: Matthew Swift
:yahoo: Welcome!

Lovely car mate. Love the colour and wheel combo! Enjoy.

Thanks mate - yeah - the quantum grey with the black edition and the titanium wheels really make it pop don't they. Really looking forward to some road trips in Europe and the rest of the UK with her

Reactions: Mark_86 and NevMan
well she is a Black Edition 300PS 7-Speed S Tronic w/ 19 inch wheels, red brake calipers, magnetic ride and Tech Pack (Virtual Cockpit) with the standard all black leather interior.

Was told I couldn't order one by Audi so took me a few stressful weeks to find a spec which me and the missus (more importantly) liked :p

Reactions: Mark_86, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
well she is a Black Edition 300PS 7-Speed S Tronic w/ 19 inch wheels, red brake calipers, magnetic ride and Tech Pack (Virtual Cockpit) with the standard all black leather interior.

Was told I couldn't order one by Audi so took me a few stressful weeks to find a spec which me and the missus (more importantly) liked :p
Stunning motor and welcome to the forum! Not seen an S3 in quantum grey before I have to say, really suits the car and those alloys are a personal favourite!
Welcome to the forum! Great people and great advice on here I've found

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Matthew Swift
Stunning motor and welcome to the forum! Not seen an S3 in quantum grey before I have to say, really suits the car and those alloys are a personal favourite!
Welcome to the forum! Great people and great advice on here I've found

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks alot mate - yeah - saw a Q5 in a showroom in the quantum grey and was told that was what it would look like, so was eager to see the unveiling when it came to it - really does compliment her well I have to say - has character and a bit of attitude - love it :)

yeah looking forward to getting some good advice and some neat tips/tricks with the car from all of you all on here - thanks for the welcome!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and Jcbmally
Very nice car @Matthew Swift , once the car loosens up a bit it will be an even bigger joy to own.

Reactions: Matthew Swift and NevMan
:sign welcome: And stunning car :icon thumright:

Reactions: Matthew Swift and NevMan
Very nice car @Matthew Swift , once the car loosens up a bit it will be an even bigger joy to own.
So i spoke to Audi ansld they said it didnt need a run in period. I presuned it would need a 500 - 1000 miles just to get her all lubricated up and brakes bedded in and all that. So bedding her in gently for a little while until i give her a proper squirt on a B road

Reactions: dp_motley, Jcbmally and NevMan
So i spoke to Audi ansld they said it didnt need a run in period. I presuned it would need a 500 - 1000 miles just to get her all lubricated up and brakes bedded in and all that. So bedding her in gently for a little while until i give her a proper squirt on a B road

Not necessarily running in, but most cars do perform (loosen up) after a few thousand miles on the clock

Reactions: Jcbmally
Welcome aboard @Matthew Swift that’s a stunning looking car :thumbs up:

59A940AC F118 41FD 8BD4 9B49446A6BA7
Picked this up on Friday 3rd May and thought I share. Still pretty stoked!

Reactions: rvtb101, Mark_86, NevMan and 4 others
Love the color! I wish it was available for an A3 when I ordered mine 4 month ago.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan