Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

On another matter...after looking at the very smart alloys on Bristle Hound's Seat. Here is a pic of the new RS5 sportback alloys. Audi have really lost the plot on alloy wheel design lately IMO and the RS3 and RS5 are really awful examples of this trend. They need to pinch the wheel design guy at BMW.

rs-2.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn, Broonie22 and 1 other person
On another matter...after looking at the very smart alloys on Bristle Hound's Seat. Here is a pic of the new RS5 sportback alloys. Audi have really lost the plot on alloy wheel design lately IMO and the RS3 and RS5 are really awful examples of this trend. They need to pinch the wheel design guy at BMW.

rs-2.jpg
There's was a very similar design available in 20" for the TTS
S l300

Damn........ it's got me looking at what I could get now :scared2:
I couldn't live with Seats interior after the interior of my current car, when l change next it's either to be a real upgrade =...? ?or a real downgrade....= a far less expensive Audi

I couldn't live with Seats interior after the interior of my current car, when l change next it's either to be a real upgrade =...? ?or a real downgrade....= a far less expensive Audi

The only rub on the less expensive option is the interior. Once you have got use to a nicely styled and appointed interior, it is very hard to downgrade, as it looks and feels cheap.
PS...those TTS alloys are :puke2:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Broonie22 and Jassyo06
The only rub on the less expensive option is the interior. Once you have got use to a nicely styled and appointed interior, it is very hard to downgrade, as it looks and feels cheap.
PS...those TTS alloys are :puke2:
Those alloys where a sport option along with a rear fixed spoiler and go faster stripes l believe and they where something like £2800

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Some nice looking cars but I totally agree about the interior. Wife looked at an Ibiza a couple of years ago and it was very disappointing.

It's not Seat I've been looking at (although nowt against them, especially Bristle Hounds which is a stunning colour) but getting ideas above my station........ or are they? Man Maths engaged!

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Tom.H and Jassyo06
It's not Seat I've been looking at (although nowt against them, especially Bristle Hounds which is a stunning colour) but getting ideas above my station........ or are they? Man Maths engaged!
Best buy a high performance car used lol
I tell you what a few years back, some cars used to really take my fancy and had my name written all over them, and l got them....RCZ Civic,Type R GT now nothing floats my boat these days that l could afford .... Cars are getting so ****** boring looking full stop they're just full all of this semi autonomous bull and this app n that app.... etc etc crap, if doesn't have apple car play etc oh deary ****** me car reviewers are all over it like a rash

Reactions: TYb, Snake Pliskin, Flying Scotsman and 1 other person
I tell you what a few years back, some cars used to really take my fancy and had my name written all over them, and l got them....RCZ Civic,Type R GT now nothing floats my boat these days that l could afford .... Cars are getting so ****** boring looking full stop they're just full all of this semi autonomous bull and this app n that app.... etc etc ****, if doesn't have apple car play etc oh deary ****** me car reviewers are all over it like a rash
Totally agree bud. You'd think £40k - £50k would give you endless choice but I really struggle to get something that fits the bill. But maybe I'm just too fussy. Would prefer to stick to AWD so that narrows it quite a bit admittedly.

Reactions: Broonie22, Snake Pliskin, Flying Scotsman and 2 others
Thanks for the above, I’m a year off changing but it is definitely one to add to the ever growing list.

Surprised how good the cupra deals are. Any issues with all the power going through the front?
@TYb - No probs
I haven't had any issues yet with the Cupra being FWD but like @Snake Pliskin said I have a feeling I'm gonna go thro' some front tyres lol

@jassyo06 - I hear what your saying mate & yes the SEAT's interior isn't up to an Audi's, but it ain't an Audi lol
I bet I can sleep easier with my monthlies than yours ;)
Oh & I ain't got any depreciation or car tax to pay either
Just saying ... :D

Reactions: Chris S 1245, Broonie22, Snake Pliskin and 4 others
@TYb - No probs
I haven't had any issues yet with the Cupra being FWD but like @Snake Pliskin said I have a feeling I'm gonna go thro' some front tyres lol

@jassyo06 - I hear what your saying mate & yes the SEAT's interior isn't up to an Audi's, but it ain't an Audi lol

Good stuff, at least it’s just 2 at a time. The seats look like they are lot more supportive than the SSS’s.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Bristle Hound
@TYb - No probs

Lol l hear and l accept your valid points but
My monthly payment is £389 mate for a fully stupidly loaded car.. ... horses for.... . etc etc and the S3 saloon ain't that common on the roads of which l find very attractive as well . . .Just sayin like ye ken like lol

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Bristle Hound
My monthly payment is £389 mate for a fully stupidly loaded car.. ... horses for.... . etc etc and the S3 saloon ain't that common on the roads of which l find very attractive as well . . .Just sayin like ye ken like lol
What was your deposit if you don’t mind me asking....

A very valid point on not common on the roads. I rarely see another S3 , especially in Ara Blue. or even A3's...lots of A4's and A6's boatloads of BMW 3 series and Mercedes C series. Suv's are every other second vehicle and all look the same apart from Porsche and Alfa Romeo.
I would be hard pressed today to find a vehicle that screams "I want that" in the vehicle size, looks and performance I desire. I am very happy with my S3. Yes, there are some minor niggles but all in all I am a happy camper. Mind you after 3 or so years of ownership that itchy new car siren may call!

Reactions: Broonie22, Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I tell you what a few years back, some cars used to really take my fancy and had my name written all over them, and l got them....RCZ Civic,Type R GT now nothing floats my boat these days that l could afford .... Cars are getting so ****** boring looking full stop they're just full all of this semi autonomous bull and this app n that app.... etc etc ****, if doesn't have apple car play etc oh deary ****** me car reviewers are all over it like a rash

Totally agree bud. You'd think £40k - £50k would give you endless choice but I really struggle to get something that fits the bill. But maybe I'm just too fussy. Would prefer to stick to AWD so that narrows it quite a bit admittedly.

I have to concur - & these are contributors to why I intend to keep my current car longer than my usual 3 years.
Holding out for a next gen S3 if I can ... unless a next gen Golf GTI or R takes my fancy.
I would also prefer my next car to be under the £40k threshold as that tax just really hacks me off.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
@TYb - No probs

I'm well & truly with you on that one mate - I've given Audi FAR too much money in the last 10 years and if I sat down & worked out the depreciation I would probably cry lol. For what you are paying per month, you have an incredible car :icon thumright:

Reactions: Broonie22, Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn and 2 others
I'm actually seeing more and more S3's now and less Golf Rs. I see at least 1 S3 other than mine on the road pretty much everyday. Its 60% sportback and 40% saloon. Golf R's I see less often and Golf GTIs are quite rare, especially PFL ones. RS3 I'd usually see this 1 PFL one often but I think he sold the car and only seen 1 RS3 FL on the road.

I'm well & truly with you on that one mate - I've given Audi FAR too much money in the last 10 years and if I sat down & worked out the depreciation I would probably cry lol. For what you are paying per month, you have an incredible car :icon thumright:
@Snake Pliskin - Like you, after owning 4 new Audi's over the last 16 years, let alone SWMBO cars, I'm sick of the depreciation. probably would keep me up at night if I worked it all out!
So I'm trying the PCH route this time
To be fair tho' PCH does not work for everyone
If we all did the same thing would be a boring world indeedy
& thanks my friend :thumbs up:

Reactions: Broonie22, Chris S 1245, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
I am on my forth Audi since September 2010. Only the first one was new. £36,000 spent! £4,500 per year. What was I thinking? Still, at least my current A3 has only depreciated by £1500 in a year.

What was your deposit if you don’t mind me asking....

£8795 that included buying the matrix candles and the crap rear camera, was £7500 deposit and the rest was for the lights camera action lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and TYb
A grubby Ara Blue still beading nicely despite being in need of a wash.

uv6slUo.jpg

qMtvSZ5.jpg

Reactions: Peksi, Chris S 1245, Bocca and 7 others
Beading in the middle of the roof is looking a bit flat:shutup2: lol

lol was a LOT of rain on it plus it's a bit dirty underneath that, I was surprised there was any beading at all lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Have you applied anything to the roof since you got the detail done mate?

Only a quick spritz with the Sonax mate, other than that nothing. Seems to be holding up fairy well considering. It was still raining this morning hence the puddling in the middle.

Reactions: Jassyo06
To me beading doesnt impress me at all these days,as ye fire on stuff from a snow foam lance that will give ya almost 360 degree like spherical beads.....gloss on the other hand is where it's at.....not many can achieve uber gloss:whistle2:

Reactions: Flying Scotsman
To me beading doesnt impress me at all these days,as ye fire on stuff from a snow foam lance that will give ya almost 360 degree like spherical beads.....gloss on the other hand is where it's at.....not many can achieve uber gloss:whistle2:

Still has a good amount of gloss to it too :grinning:

£8795 that included buying the matrix candles and the **** rear camera, was £7500 deposit and the rest was for the lights camera action lol
Haha roger, I used to love that show!

Just realised it was police camera action, that’s what was awesome lol.

Last edited:

Hard to beat a clay bar, machine polish and then a quality carnauba wax to achieve the uber gloss.

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 - You can have your cake AND eat it (translated means you can have beading AND uber gloss) :D:D:D
Washed & treated with my fave 50/50 on my old S4 one day -

mZxqwQEl.jpg

Rained on the next -

BNLzcHWl.jpg

Washed & treated with another 50/50 mix on the SWMBO MINI's roof -

H5iewUel.jpg

& rained on the next -

hvWNlFBl.jpg

**** weather up north ! :(

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Broonie22 and Tom.H
PS @jassyo06 - Forgot to mention ;)
Gloss on the Cupra -