Post pics of your boost gauges

Schlaag

Bwah
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm a big advocat of always having some way of checking the boost in a turbo'd car.

I'd like to fit one to my new S3 and am interested to see what the masses are using... and how they are mounted (a pillar pods / custom moulded pods?)

I saw a great Stack one from a guy on here, love the OEM look. I think thats the direction I want go go. It must be the same red glow as the clocks/dash and not be too overt

Also where do you 'T' in to the vacuum system?

thanks
Dave

Reactions: Pmol66
where do you 'T' in to the vacuum system?

I know alot of people say don't do it, but I just teed in to the fuel pressure regulator to manifold vacuum hose. I recommend replacing the standard vacuum hose with silicone though, as it tends to get old and perish, then use small cable ties to secure it where ever it fixes. If you get any vacuum leaks on this hose it will make the engine run very lean, and that's bad news! But in my opinion, it's the best place to get your boost pressure from.

For OEM look, I just went for a red/amber prosport one. It works well and matches the dash :) I got mine reading in PSI;

PSI: PROSPORT - SMOKED SUPER AMBER BOOST GAUGE KIT - PSI | eBay

Or you can have it in BAR... Just depends how old you are I guess haha

BAR: PROSPORT - SMOKED SUPER AMBER BOOST GAUGE KIT - BAR | eBay

Ben

I'm also interested in seeing pics of where people place there boost gauges as I'd like to fit one, not sure if I want an A pillar or in a vent..

this is mine
DSC_0275.jpg

Hi Alex, what gauges are they? Im only after one... but colour match seems good!

vwdan80's pod wining for me at the mo, but a very small pic.

Stacey how did you get your backlight to match the Oem dials? Is your stack this one? Stack Mechanical Turbo Boost Pressure Gauge With Black Dial Face 30inHg - 30 Psi | eBay

i see stack do one with a stepper gauge and changeable LEDs but is 210 quid! That's what my defi's cost years ago.

Perhaps the led could be changed in the cheap stack unit?

And where did you guys get your a pillar pods. Universal?

As tuffty said it's in the stickies but long story short you paint or put a red film behind the face of the gauge :)

Stacey how did you get your backlight to match the Oem dials? Is your stack this one? Stack Mechanical Turbo Boost Pressure Gauge With Black Dial Face 30inHg - 30 Psi | eBay

i see stack do one with a stepper gauge and changeable LEDs but is 210 quid! That's what my defi's cost years ago.

Perhaps the led could be changed in the cheap stack unit?

And where did you guys get your a pillar pods. Universal?

Take the facia and dial off and cut red lighting film to be placed behind the dial. It's a stack gauge like mine. The led stays the same.

I'm also interested in seeing pics of where people place there boost gauges as I'd like to fit one, not sure if I want an A pillar or in a vent..

Vent is very tidy if done right. I'll post mine later.

I am, i still havet wired mine up so its crap in the dark lol :(.

does anyone have a guage that reads in bar aswell as psi? or do they not make one?

please be nice as the s3 is my 1st turbo car and im still learning..

whenever i have spoke to people in the past they say oh its running x amount of PSI, yet when i had my map done and speaking to alot of other vags owners they go by BAR.

what is the best to be reading it by?
the most accurate?

thanks knoxie

either or!

PSI has more increments.

Go for either! it matters not

(i am going the BAR route)

i think i may go psi, mainly as i feel more comfortable knowing the actual amount of pressure it is, thanks guys :)

I was umming and arrring but eventually went for bar as is the metric way and due to the fact I was used to the liquid gauge which is in bar as this is how the ecu reads it ;)

Psi, stace only went for bar as the numbers were bigger and easier to read :) haha.

Thread bump

Im running a Blitz DTT, Its not a good quality pic but its matches with the red in my cluster and on overboost its white matching the needles lol :D

318453_4545281075956_813255562_n.jpg

This is mine i made myself from a standard vent sorry about pic quality

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355146467039354

i used glowshift gauges, the needle is red and with a push of a buton you can choose 7 or 8 colours the white matches my cluster colour

543631_3683172166631_2051805156_n.jpg

528885_3683168046528_1251253557_n.jpg

and yes you can see it, just sit comfortable

Miggz, I was just about to spam up pics of yours to add to this thread. Very unique and actually obvious place, once you actually think about it, which pretty well nobody including myself had...... If I get in the mood for gauges again (really miss the Defi Link system I had in Fluffy), I reckon I would copy your design :).

Reactions: Gizmo20VT
Miggz, I was just about to spam up pics of yours to add to this thread. Very unique and actually obvious place, once you actually think about it, which pretty well nobody including myself had...... If I get in the mood for gauges again (really miss the Defi Link system I had in Fluffy), I reckon I would copy your design :).

*blush* thanks mate lol

Reactions: Gizmo20VT