Post pics of your B7 A4/S4 Avant, the more the merrier.....

a16ad57a42b5649a5092b3dc3ec78af1.jpg

90970ed8dd4e2452c7bc0e12e8795fae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: boffin486, quattrogone, tr7 and 1 other person
Perfect stance too, why Audi didn't do that to start with is beyond me, still looks spot on now.:yahoo:

Reactions: boffin486 and Greeny233
Hi to all from Bulgaria. Been following this thread for a while now, admiring all the beautiful avants out there.
A year ago I purchased the A4 and changed quite a few things straight away like engine mounts, refurbished turbo, belts, bushings, DPF delete, remap,
(No smoke),etc but nothing yet on the visuals.
In the following days this is finally going to change. Summer wheels and tires combo is coming up - 18inch with Dunlop Sport Maxx, new Sachs dampers and Eibach Pro springs as well. I will post pics as soon as I get it done.
Cheers!

Attachments

• 1C698F15-3D12-4891-922E-705ACAE6A1DB.jpeg
    1C698F15-3D12-4891-922E-705ACAE6A1DB.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 163
  • 66A2A74C-4F65-4745-B1AD-25789AB1E571.jpeg
    66A2A74C-4F65-4745-B1AD-25789AB1E571.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 156
  • BE0B769E-BDE5-457D-A581-C6AB95BCA488.jpeg
    BE0B769E-BDE5-457D-A581-C6AB95BCA488.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 154
Reactions: boffin486, tr7, Greeny233 and 1 other person
New to forum and to Audi Ownership. Bought this 2006 B7 A4 Avant 3.0TDI V6 Manual 6 Speed car (150k miles) back in March of this year to replace my B6 Passat (which you can see hiding behind the car in the photo :friendly wink:). Currently mostly standard bar a remap from Torque NI here in Belfast(EGR and Swirl flap delete included), a set of H&R lowering springs, some drilled and slotted rotors and EBC pads and a double din Pioneer conversion for the radio (car came stock with that horrible single din CD radio). Some big plans for the car in the next year. RS4 style front and rear bumpers, honeycomb grill, full set of blacked out LED headlights, DRL fog lights, smoked sequential rear lights and a set of Porsche Cayenne 6 pot front calipers and 4 pot rears. Then I'll move to the power upgrades like FMIC, turbo, exhaust and so on. Loved the car so far and its got some excellent pull to it and its stupidly comfortable to drive. Here's to many years of ownership and fun. Ignore the state of it currently, needs a good wash and a cut and polish after several long haul drives in it.
Beast

Reactions: boffin486, Greeny233 and Charlie Farley
New to forum and to Audi Ownership. Bought this 2006 B7 A4 Avant 3.0TDI V6 Manual 6 Speed car (150k miles) back in March of this year to replace my B6 Passat (which you can see hiding behind the car in the photo :friendly wink:). Currently mostly standard bar a remap from Torque NI here in Belfast(EGR and Swirl flap delete included), a set of H&R lowering springs, some drilled and slotted rotors and EBC pads and a double din Pioneer conversion for the radio (car came stock with that horrible single din CD radio). Some big plans for the car in the next year. RS4 style front and rear bumpers, honeycomb grill, full set of blacked out LED headlights, DRL fog lights, smoked sequential rear lights and a set of Porsche Cayenne 6 pot front calipers and 4 pot rears. Then I'll move to the power upgrades like FMIC, turbo, exhaust and so on. Loved the car so far and its got some excellent pull to it and its stupidly comfortable to drive. Here's to many years of ownership and fun. Ignore the state of it currently, needs a good wash and a cut and polish after several long haul drives in it. View attachment 254156
Welcome to the forum chap.
As this is your first venture into A4 ownership and a B7 variant for that matter, you will most likely have many questions.
Just ask what you need to know and someone will be along shortly with help, you will find ASN a great place with all the help you will ever need.
We don't bite, well some do but not too hard...lol
Looks like you have a list of mods to do indeedy.
There is a long list of mods that are doable depending on engine type and body variant, just don't expect them to be easy on the wallet.
Enjoy
:yes:
rob

Reactions: boffin486
Not as nice or in any way special, as some of your fine cars but at 230,000 miles my 2006 140PS S-line Avant, 6 speed manual, is not looking too bad either and 4 1/2 years and some 60,000 miles, in my ownership, I've become very attached to it in spite of thinking about much newer cars to buy from time to time. We've been all over France and Spain together many times before lockdown and planning soon to resume that, when I have some free time. I am very confident to trust her to at least 300,000 too :grinning:

Reactions: boffin486, Charlie Farley, Ventsi961 and 2 others
Welcome to the forum chap.
As this is your first venture into A4 ownership and a B7 variant for that matter, you will most likely have many questions.
Just ask what you need to know and someone will be along shortly with help, you will find ASN a great place with all the help you will ever need.
We don't bite, well some do but not too hard...lol
Looks like you have a list of mods to do indeedy.
There is a long list of mods that are doable depending on engine type and body variant, just don't expect them to be easy on the wallet.
Enjoy
:yes:
rob
Thanks Rob!
I started a thread to help me keep track of the build as I go along so I can guarantee I will have a lot of questions. The engine code is ASB which from my understanding is one of the earliest V6s that Audi offered? I know Darkside Developments offers an upgraded turbo that is good for 400hp but its a ridiculous amount of money and I want to go more than 400 so I don't know if it would be worth the nearly £2k price tag. If anyone has any incite into the best mods for an ASB powered Avant I would appreciate it.

Not as nice or in any way special, as some of your fine cars but at 230,000 miles my 2006 140PS S-line Avant, 6 speed manual, is not looking too bad either and 4 1/2 years and some 60,000 miles, in my ownership, I've become very attached to it in spite of thinking about much newer cars to buy from time to time. We've been all over France and Spain together many times before lockdown and planning soon to resume that, when I have some free time. I am very confident to trust her to at least 300,000 too :grinning:
View attachment 254367View attachment 254368View attachment 254369View attachment 254370View attachment 254371

That's fantastic mate. Hope you keep it for a very long time. I've had a B7 from 2013 and see now sign of changing. Started with an S-Line like yours and took it all over southern Europe too.

Photo 2022 05 23 193416s
Photo 2022 05 23 193414s

Photo 2022 05 23 193407

Loved that car. Almost wish I didn't sell it. It was fantastically reliable car for me. Only caused me one issue and I was nervous being so far from home so took it to an Audi dealer in Europe and got a nice 4 figure bill for an entirely new EGR system and cooler... But thats another story

I ended up starting and upgrading mine with some Special Edition parts and finally came to the conclusion it would simply be easier just to buy another car in the end. So had no need for two silver B7's so let it go. Still not sure how I feel about that :(

Reactions: Greeny233, B7Tourer and Charlie Farley
Hi to all from Bulgaria. Been following this thread for a while now, admiring all the beautiful avants out there.
A year ago I purchased the A4 and changed quite a few things straight away like engine mounts, refurbished turbo, belts, bushings, DPF delete, remap,
(No smoke),etc but nothing yet on the visuals.
In the following days this is finally going to change. Summer wheels and tires combo is coming up - 18inch with Dunlop Sport Maxx, new Sachs dampers and Eibach Pro springs as well. I will post pics as soon as I get it done.
Cheers!
Reminds me of my old one. See above :)

I have a theory about b7 ownership.
If you buy one and you keep it for some time, years not months then I think you are more likely to keep it , look after it and use it .
The longer one owns a car and gets used to all its ups and downs then the harder it becomes to part company with it and you just like it more.:yahoo:

Reactions: Rob Avant, boffin486, B7Tourer and 1 other person
Photo 2022 05 23 195727

This was mine out for a run earlier today in the fog

Reactions: B7Tourer, Greeny233 and Charlie Farley
I ended up starting and upgrading mine with some Special Edition parts and finally came to the conclusion it would simply be easier just to buy another car in the end. So had no need for two silver B7's so let it go. Still not sure how I feel about that :(
Nice to see them used properly tr7, great pictures! Yes I never intended to keep it this long - it must be as Rob says. Bought for 1500 quid when I first got back from Living in Spain in 2017 and it just kept going. No major upgrades except...

...Which makes it almost modern. But I've been lucky with nothing major other than little, relatively inexpensive things go wrong. I'm not sure how far I'd go if it did. I had a lovely much newer, at the time XJ40 red Sovereign 4.0 litre Jag, that I used to travel to Spain in 20 years ago and I can attest Spanish Jag dealers cost the earth, when I had to pay 1200 quid for a new ecu and they put the wrong one in first time.

Reactions: tr7
Na not into any of that. I bought a silver car to blend in. Not stand out

RS4 grill is likely the only other visual mod I’ll make

Reactions: B7Tourer
Nice to see them used properly tr7, great pictures! Yes I never intended to keep it this long - it must be as Rob says. Bought for 1500 quid when I first got back from Living in Spain in 2017 and it just kept going. No major upgrades except...View attachment 254822
...Which makes it almost modern. But I've been lucky with nothing major other than little, relatively inexpensive things go wrong. I'm not sure how far I'd go if it did. I had a lovely much newer, at the time XJ40 red Sovereign 4.0 litre Jag, that I used to travel to Spain in 20 years ago and I can attest Spanish Jag dealers cost the earth, when I had to pay 1200 quid for a new ecu and they put the wrong one in first time.

Yes I really wanted to update the system in my S-Line too. It was a January 06 car so a 2005 build chassis and although mine did have some great options for what it was e.g. the half leather half alcantara was perfect for the 25C+ weather all! On average the very early B7's weren't as highly spec'd as a later car

Hence with all the work involved in retrofiting bits like factory RNS-E, Bose or some other bits I wanted like Black headlining. I decided to simply buy an already high spec car

And then proceeded to retrofit a bunch of other stuff to it also :whistle2:

Reactions: Charlie Farley and B7Tourer
Hence with all the work involved in retrofiting bits like factory RNS-E, Bose or some other bits I wanted like Black headlining. I decided to simply buy an already high spec car
Yes when I buy again - it will be fully loaded. As I say Audi were very mean on base spec.

Recently bought my b7, first time in a b7, very nice. Picked this one up 3.0tdi, 78k, standard other than eibach lowering springs which were on the car when i bought it. Anyway, been through this whole thread looking for inspiration, so thinking rs4 grill, and probably go for a wrap on window surrounds and roof bars…last phoot with my other avant, good old b5!
4EDC963F 2FF2 40C5 8F68 037E33683478
2F0C4257 A636 4F96 9100 36A4F9442B22
0F00D060 F0A5 4413 B646 B133B270CD89
D8F7A1E4 E088 404F AD44 DDF1FDD25CA1

Reactions: akaDuchess, quattrogone, tr7 and 1 other person
2008 A4 2.0T Quattro Avant S-Line 6-Spd Manual, SE 195K miles. Recently had 5% ceramic tint installed all around, but haven’t taken new pics. She needs some body work atm so there will be fresh pics when she’s back from the body shop.
FE9B3BA7 69AC 42BD 8746 64D78E7129BC

• Love
Reactions: boffin486 and tr7
Nice to see them used properly tr7, great pictures! Yes I never intended to keep it this long - it must be as Rob says. Bought for 1500 quid when I first got back from Living in Spain in 2017 and it just kept going. No major upgrades except...View attachment 254822
B7Tourer—would you be so kind as to share what the brand/model/part is of that slick new nav/sound convenience/entertainment system insert you have there?

Was it mostly plug n play, with new wiring harness I would guess, or were there also ECU mods needed? Mine is worn and glitchy, as well as screen damaged from previous owner.

Might you also know what part number, trim level, or where in general to find or look for the array of tabs/button/cup holder shown in the photo just above the new entertainment center?
For my top row, I have a card holder, no cupholder, an annoying, bright yellow “PASS. AIR BAG OFF” light, and an ESP button to nowhere… would love to swap out the Nav and tabset left of the hazard button for what you have!
(Pardon the dust…my copilot is molting)
27AA0597 DE00 4B45 A1C3 D8425548B7F3

EB1FCA0D 380A 4C2A B298 B2C28896A02A

Last edited:
B7Tourer—would you be so kind as to share what the brand/model/part is of that slick new nav/sound convenience/entertainment system insert you have there?

Was it mostly plug n play, with new wiring harness I would guess, or were there also ECU mods needed? Mine is worn and glitchy, as well as screen damaged from previous owner.

Might you also know what part number, trim level, or where in general to find or look for the array of tabs/button/cup holder shown in the photo just above the new entertainment center?
For my top row, I have a card holder, no cupholder, an annoying, bright yellow “PASS. AIR BAG OFF” light, and an ESP button to nowhere… would love to swap out the Nav and tabset left of the hazard button for what you have!
(Pardon the dust…my copilot is molting)
View attachment 261542

View attachment 261541
Unbelievably Shiny! Now that must be the fastest moving chicken in the world........

An Avant with a sunroof, now you don't see many of those, i'd love a sunroof.:yahoo:

Reactions: akaDuchess
May as well stick this one up… seeing how the 19” bbs ch rep looks… better than i thought tbh…
CD1AC990 9E1A 4B64 A50F 224B0D6FDD30

I'm so sorry akaDuchess, work and family have kept me away from forums, for a while.

It's an Xtrons, Octacore, 4GB ram/64GB rom (don't get anything less, I think they are 6GB ram now). I don't have the model number but I know it's no longer made in this exact configuration (retro lookalike), but there are still others similar, that will fit. I don't use anything on it really since I started using an android app called Headunit Reloaded on it. Everything is now on my phone via Android Auto. If you are an iPhone user you can get the same with a dongle for Carplay. I connect completely wirelessly too. I do use the reverse camera and front camera on the unit though.

It was plug and play for me, but I have standard audio not Bose. All steering wheel controls worked out of the box, except the microphone button, for which I had to install another app to get google assist to work, again I forget what it was now. I installed a 3rd party microphone in place of the blue tooth original, within the courtesy light too. It is very clear and responsive and callers can hear me clearly they say. There seems to be variable reviews about Xtrons on the web but I have had this perfectly and reliably working for over five years now and it has truly transformed the car to a completely modern one for me. Infact you would have to buy a post 2017 Audi to have the same wireless AA/Carplay facilities. The little chrome strip below, was my touch - stick on from Halford's - to keep it looking like the old sat navs too :)

Oh and the sound quality is absolutely stellar, every bit as good as the OEM radio unit it replaced, better if you adjust the EQ on it. No buzz and no interference either, with plenty of power. I should add though radio is absolutely rubbish, since there is no good solution for the old diversity antenna connections (though I think newer units may be better in this), so it's internet radio/news now. And I did have to get an auto electrician to fit a relay for the reverse camera, which is on the number plate surround, together with parking sensors, that works really great too.

I had this in the armrest already, I added the cradle, which gives a proximity boost to the shark fin and so my phone often sits in there charging, whilst wirelessly connected to the head unit. A lot of people who don't know any better get in the car and ask me how old it is. When I say 2006 they say "How's that possible?" ha ha:

IMG 20220516 191709

Some mighty fine Avants added since I've been gone :)

Last edited:
An Avant with a sunroof, now you don't see many of those, i'd love a sunroof.:yahoo:
Well Rob, mines got a sunroof - but its not just a sunroof - its actually a solar panel specifically to run the heater fan in the car whenever there's enough light. Quite useful in the Summer! :rapture:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
19” winters now on… just in time! Fecking cold this morning -11.:snowflake:
AA1C5BBC BC5B 467D 9B99 F9D7657687BD

Reactions: akaDuchess, quattrogone and Charlie Farley
Nothing better than a proper quattro + winter tyres + snow = :grinning:

Reactions: Gmac
I'm so sorry akaDuchess, work and family have kept me away from forums, for a while.

It's an Xtrons, Octacore, 4GB ram/64GB rom (don't get anything less, I think they are 6GB ram now). I don't have the model number but I know it's no longer made in this exact configuration (retro lookalike), but there are still others similar, that will fit. I don't use anything on it really since I started using an android app called Headunit Reloaded on it. Everything is now on my phone via Android Auto. If you are an iPhone user you can get the same with a dongle for Carplay. I connect completely wirelessly too. I do use the reverse camera and front camera on the unit though.

It was plug and play for me, but I have standard audio not Bose. All steering wheel controls worked out of the box, except the microphone button, for which I had to install another app to get google assist to work, again I forget what it was now. I installed a 3rd party microphone in place of the blue tooth original, within the courtesy light too. It is very clear and responsive and callers can hear me clearly they say. There seems to be variable reviews about Xtrons on the web but I have had this perfectly and reliably working for over five years now and it has truly transformed the car to a completely modern one for me. Infact you would have to buy a post 2017 Audi to have the same wireless AA/Carplay facilities. The little chrome strip below, was my touch - stick on from Halford's - to keep it looking like the old sat navs too :)

Oh and the sound quality is absolutely stellar, every bit as good as the OEM radio unit it replaced, better if you adjust the EQ on it. No buzz and no interference either, with plenty of power. I should add though radio is absolutely rubbish, since there is no good solution for the old diversity antenna connections (though I think newer units may be better in this), so it's internet radio/news now. And I did have to get an auto electrician to fit a relay for the reverse camera, which is on the number plate surround, together with parking sensors, that works really great too.

I had this in the armrest already, I added the cradle, which gives a proximity boost to the shark fin and so my phone often sits in there charging, whilst wirelessly connected to the head unit. A lot of people who don't know any better get in the car and ask me how old it is. When I say 2006 they say "How's that possible?" ha ha:

View attachment 261586

Some mighty fine Avants added since I've been gone :)
Wow! Thank you for the detailed response
I’ve also been doing holidays and family, no worries! Going to have to look into getting that set up.
My Amp has has the dreaded sunroof water leakage and is draining my battery with the darn thing turned off (as much as I can without unplugging the sound system entirely.) I’ve never had issues with a sunroof on any previous VAG vehicles, so I’m a bit surprised. TBH I think my ex jinxed me because he hated having the sunroof open.
I definitely need to figure something out for the armrest situation in mine. I’ve already moved the 12V plug so that it doesn’t block my cupholder when in use. There’s a slot and hole the right size directly under the armrest about 4” back from where it sat originally. Dunno what genius designer thought putting an obstruction to an already poorly placed cupholder was a good idea… the second cutout makes me think that someone else had thought better to give an option? Minor gripe but with how I drive I need my cup holders fully useable I currently use an FM transmitter with Apple Music in that spot. Calls aren’t great on it, but sound quality is decent. I would def prefer a CarPlay situation with w the cameras.
I’ve been backed into and rammed up the rear three time in two months by tourists at the beach… will need full front and rear bumper cover replacements and paint matching. One woman trying to deny she was even there, when I was sitting in the car when she did it. SAAB drivers…
Anyhow, sorry for the long delay and long post haha….on with more pretty B7’s!! ✨

Well Rob, mines got a sunroof - but its not just a sunroof - its actually a solar panel specifically to run the heater fan in the car whenever there's enough light. Quite useful in the Summer! :rapture:
Okay, now that I must know about because I’m in full sun 80% of the year here, and it’s chilly quick when the sun goes down.

Love my sunroof! Even though it’s sprung a leak I see you’re a VCDS user… I’ve got the Ross Tech but not the cable. Any idea where I could pick one up inexpensively? Only finding outrageous shipping costs and $300USD+ just for the cable :(

Unbelievably Shiny! Now that must be the fastest moving chicken in the world........
Haha, yes!!
He was born with wings,
so you know he can fly.
But we live on the PCH
So he prefers the drive.
He’s the little blue roo,
Just the coolest guy!
(I’m rewriting “Little Deuce Coupe” about him… that’s a sample verse haha)

Reactions: boffin486
I’ve been backed into and rammed up the rear three time in two months by tourists at the beach… will need full front and rear bumper cover replacements and paint matching. One woman trying to deny she was even there, when I was sitting in the car when she did it. SAAB drivers…
Really sorry to hear that - idiots are everywhere, even at the beach! Nothing like your unfair woes but I went to my friendly local the other day, for my Sunday 1 small (small) tipple and while I was quietly and enjoyably imbibing, in the graden next to the car park, a couple passed with an ugly mutt, on one of those long stretchy leads, which allowed the little blighter to p1ss up against my nice clean alloy. 'Excuse me' says I, 'Your dog just p1ssed up against my wheel'; they looked blankly at me, so I added, 'How would yer feel if I p1ssed up against yours' - then the requisite 'sorry' did follow, I am happy to say :)

Reactions: Gmac
Snow foamed and washed this morning. Looking a bit less grubby from dirty country roads…
FEE893E9 EB1A 4A1F B742 571DD7E37A2C
934B3054 C41F 4A1C B91B C1453342EF87

Reactions: boffin486, Jamsmoo, Rob Avant and 3 others
I think were all in the same boat at this time of year, roads are so mucky, if it's not wet and mud it's salt and grit.
Still ,car wash centers cant complain.

222101305bb2bc3a375d42d95c800475.jpg

Long overdue wash today

Reactions: boffin486, quattrogone, Gmac and 1 other person
Looks great, but what do you put on your roof bars? They’re pretty far apart?

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Looks great, but what do you put on your roof bars? They’re pretty far apart?

So far ,1 composite front door ,used once…they’ve spent more time off the car than on

Reactions: Gmac and Charlie Farley