Post pics of your B6 A4/S4

Here's ours, picked it up last Saturday eve & by Sunday I had fitted the 19s, debadged it & mopped & polished it. Got the boot spolier, just need to paint & fit it.

A few more mods planned yet, inc tinted windows, S-line badges & door blades, xenons & maybe lower it too.

picture.php

picture.php

Looks very nice mate! Same colour as mine(i think, haha). Is it dolphin gray they call it?

I think it could do with a tad lowering, but looks nice, and love the wheels. Was de-badging it hard? I want to debadge the whole boot, but my wife won't let me...i'm so under-the-thumb, :banghead:

Looks very nice mate! Same colour as mine(i think, haha). Is it dolphin gray they call it?

I think it could do with a tad lowering, but looks nice, and love the wheels. Was de-badging it hard? I want to debadge the whole boot, but my wife won't let me...i'm so under-the-thumb, :banghead:

Think it is Dolphin grey.

Debadging wasn't hard but I used to be a valeter & smart repairer so it was second nature to me. I was mopping it anyway in my mates unit Sunday night so we just decided to do it........I didn't even ask the misses, just done it then told her when I got back.

She was happy anyway, its more her car than mine & she didn't like it when we first looked at it with the 16" wheels & it was filthy. So my goal was to get it looking nice for when she saw it at home the next day after I picked it up :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was thinking that too, just to not tell her. I doubt she'd really mind, but you know what they can be like! :sadlike:

The first thing my wife said to me when she saw the car though..."erghhh, we need some bigger wheels than those!" at which point i smiled from ear to ear. Now just to save for some.

When you say mopping, what exactly do you mean by that?

Yeah, I was thinking that too, just to not tell her. I doubt she'd really mind, but you know what they can be like! :sadlike:

The first thing my wife said to me when she saw the car though..."erghhh, we need some bigger wheels than those!" at which point i smiled from ear to ear. Now just to save for some.

When you say mopping, what exactly do you mean by that?

Mopping is what you do to remove scratches etc from the paint. Some people call it machine polishing but in the trade you just call it mopping.

If done right, it can actually save some vehicles from the spray booth, a lot of the time people will say that their car needs a new paint job but in reality a good mop job can work wonders & save lots of cash.

I just gave the Audi a quick skim over & a polish as time was limited & it was around 11.00pm at night & I don't think my two mates wanted to be there all night. It will get a proper job in the summer, just wanted to get some polish on it for Winter & remove the fallout on the paint.

Reggie very nice bud, you just need to lower it then it will be a cracker.

Mopping is what you do to remove scratches etc from the paint. Some people call it machine polishing but in the trade you just call it mopping.

If done right, it can actually save some vehicles from the spray booth, a lot of the time people will say that their car needs a new paint job but in reality a good mop job can work wonders & save lots of cash.

I just gave the Audi a quick skim over & a polish as time was limited & it was around 11.00pm at night & I don't think my two mates wanted to be there all night. It will get a proper job in the summer, just wanted to get some polish on it for Winter & remove the fallout on the paint.

See, you had done so well, and I unerstood everything you wrote until your last 4 words! What the hell is fallout? haha

And thanks for the explanation. I have a few key marks on mine that i'm hoping won't need a respray, i'm gonna have a closer look in christmas holidays.

See, you had done so well, and I unerstood everything you wrote until your last 4 words! What the hell is fallout? haha

And thanks for the explanation. I have a few key marks on mine that i'm hoping won't need a respray, i'm gonna have a closer look in christmas holidays.

Fallout is what we call stuff like tree sap & all sorts of nasties that seem to get on your paint. Ever noticed on yours or somebody else's car that the paint can feel a little like fine sand paper in areas even after washing & polishing? A bit like over spray maybe from a body shop.

Sometimes this is just due to the environment where the cars spends a lot of its time, maybe under trees or an industrial environment. Well ours had loads of small bits of tree sap so had to be mopped to get the smooth finish back, also small scratches.

If yours has some scratches on it, then it would be worth your while getting somebody who can mop to take a look at it before you consider a spray job. Just make sure they know what they are doing as lots of people think they can mop, only when they make an expensive mistake they realise they can't......:uhm:
If they are good at mopping 99% of scratches can be removed unless it's really bad.

Thanks for the reply mate! My knowledge of waxing etc is unbelievably limited. I know how to wash a car as well as I did when I was 12 and used to wash my dads Ford Cortina!

I will look into the issue, I need to get all the stuff bought for christmas holidays, as this is when i'll be doing it. (i'm preparing for the cold hands)

Have a look at the detailing section on here, and also take a read of Polished Bliss's website as they have some very informative articles on there. Beware though - it's addictive!

I've heard it can be very addictive, and thanks for the advice on where to look. My problem is that my old car was a 306, everything was cheap. Now i come here, and it's a whole new scale, haha. If only I wasn't obsessed with it, and was just happy to leave it alone.

...Looks like I forgot to update...:)
edit : How do you resize the Pics to make them Smaller? Everytime I try before posting they never stay the size I made them :uhm:
From this :
Image0025.jpg

to this :

15112009020.jpg

100_3561.jpg

100_3558.jpg

100_3530.jpg

:eyebrows:

Last edited:
Looks good J7USS, I like the front & rear bumper especially. I would like to fit those someday so what do I look for?

Also how much have you lowered it by as ours needs doing, was hoping to get away with doing it, but after seeing others on here lowered........no chance. The misses uses it for work on a 70mile a day drive so didn't want to ruin the ride quality.

Reggie. The front end is the Oettinger front and the rear is the S4 rear bumper.
I havnt touched suspension mate, Its standard Factory sports suspension so its 20mm lower than SE spec.

I havnt touched suspension mate, Its standard Factory sports suspension so its 20mm lower than SE spec.

WHAT??? :noway: no way... that has to be lowered further than that... unless the size of the wheels is making the drop look bigger... what size are they??

I've been looking at Eibach springs that are around 25-40mm (vehicle dependent), I've used Eibach on my BMW 740i & don't remember much loss in ride quality so thats what I'll go for I think.

Serious..Its sitting on Standard Sports Suspension. Id love to lower most of my cars but my driveway doesnt allow that..
My alloys are 19".
My red one was on Standard Sport suspension too with 19's....

100_1001.jpg

thats an excellent combo so... if the audi sports suspension looks that good and its only down 20mm on standard suspension then i dont think ill go down too much... im on SE suspension myself and its up in the clouds... i was thinkin about lowerin mine 40mm but you should see some of the roads around my area... bad doesnt describe it... i might only go down 30mm instead...

thats an excellent combo so... if the audi sports suspension looks that good and its only down 20mm on standard suspension then i dont think ill go down too much... im on SE suspension myself and its up in the clouds... i was thinkin about lowerin mine 40mm but you should see some of the roads around my area... bad doesnt describe it... i might only go down 30mm instead...

Thats the same issue I've got, we live in a village so lots of back road driving & I don't want to lower it much. Its difficult to get an exact figure about how low it will be when buying the springs. As I said above Eibach quote 25-40mm, 25mm would be perfect but 40mm might be too much!

If I lower mine it'll only be to standard Sport suspension. Having seen all the cars on here which look amazing with sport suspension, I don't think i'll need to go any lower.

Slepy as you know coilovers are fine if you like to play with the ride hight..
I have taken of my APs and gone down the route of Eibach pro-kit..

I'm loving the a4 avanttdiquattro, wheels look great too. Just a wuick question though, what tints are they on the back? I'm considering mine, but don't want to go too dark or the good lady wife will reverse into everything in morrisons supermarket!

Christmas greetings from snowy quattro-weather Finland! :)
Here is couple pics of my B6 avant:

http://picasaweb.google.com/op.keranen/A4B618TQuattroAvant?feat=directlink

specs:
A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro -03
-sport suspension
-sport interior (steering wheel, seats, etc.)
-S-Line front bumper (intalled recently)
-S4 grill
-Zero RS4 replicas 18" with BF Goodrich 225/40/18
-Audi OEM 16" for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 2

Coming:
-H&R -45mm springs wait for installation
-Windows tint 50%
-chip
-S4 bumper grill
-S4 alu mirror covers
-bigger wheels for next winter

:blackrs4:

Last edited:
New to Audi ownership - I've come over from an Impreza WRX.

More photos to come when the weather lets up.

P1070097.jpg

I just could not help myself, I had to pull over and take a pic of this... :p

I just could not help myself, I had to pull over and take a pic of this... :p

Cool pic dude! Mine's on 137000 at the moment, so no exciting pictures coming up anytime soon. I really need to get my car cleaned though, so that I can get some cool pictures of it. I really don't have any good pictures yet, and it sucks.

Are they the RS6 alloys? They do look rather nice I must admit!!! Lovely car too. I would quite like one of the 2.5TDI's too.

yes rs6 rep alloys 19" just had them fitted and loving them!

Rs6 alloys are still one of the best alloys for the B6 defo. Sport suspension with Rs6's always give an impression that the ride has been lowered further!!

Some of mine finally - I wanted to wit til I had all the carbon fibre done and the alloys on, but what the hell, it was clean!

car1.jpg
[/IMG]
car1.jpg
[/IMG]
car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

^^ In his Sig james ;-)

(why aint my ****** smileys working anymore...)

Here's my B6 Avant Tdi 130 Sport.

When I first bought her,
audifront.jpg

And present form!
IMG_7080.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

Hope ya like her,Got a few more bits in the pipeline:icon_thumright:

yeh look sweet matey, where did you get the front and rear bumpers from? cheers

yeh look sweet matey, where did you get the front and rear bumpers from? cheers

Front S-line lower lip I bought from vag parts just before they stopped trading, I then bought a genuine front upper section to match the lower lip and rear lower S-line lip direct from Audi stealer, Rear lip fits straight onto standard top section!