Post Pics Of Your A4/S4 B9 In Here

Yeah Falkirk, was in there last week for a service, might of seen your car in the showroom too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha was just thinking that need to keep an out for you.i have a ibis white avant

Reactions: BarryG79
I live in Carronshore. good spot on the houses. The showroom picture isn't actually my car, I just took the picture when I ordered mine. Actually haven't had much chance to drive it properly I left for work for three weeks yesterday :(

Reactions: BarryG79
I live in Carronshore. good spot on the houses. The showroom picture isn't actually my car, I just took the picture when I ordered mine. Actually haven't had much chance to drive it properly I left for work for three weeks yesterday :(
I’m top of Falkirk started off in carronshore tho.

I’m top of Falkirk started off in carronshore tho.

I go for three weeks on the 9th

Where you offshore?

Looks great in white - Glacier I assume? My initial order was for GW, but then changed it to DG.
Yeah its Glacier white. Initially I went in to order the Nardo Grey type colour (not sure what its called these days) but when I seen the white one in the showroom I was sold. Will just need to keep on top of the tar spots :weary:

Get some Autofinesse Oblitarate
I am currently using Auto Smart Tardis, which is also really good. My understanding though with these products is that they also remove the wax and polish I have spent hours applying. I am thinking about biting the bullet while the car is new and getting it ceramic coated. Think its around the £450 mark though

Yeah its Glacier white. Initially I went in to order the Nardo Grey type colour (not sure what its called these days) but when I seen the white one in the showroom I was sold. Will just need to keep on top of the tar spots :weary:

I am currently using Auto Smart Tardis, which is also really good. My understanding though with these products is that they also remove the wax and polish I have spent hours applying. I am thinking about biting the bullet while the car is new and getting it ceramic coated. Think its around the £450 mark though

Yea, I’m like you in that I had thought the BE only colour of Quantum Grey would be the one, then went quickly off it once I seen a BE A4 finished in it. I got my car ceramic coated prior to collection, so time will tell as I haven’t had a car ceramic coated before. Went for the newly released Gtechniq Ultra coating which is meant to be unbelievable!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Chris Walton
Who you thinking of using?

My ibis hasn’t been too bad so far

Who you thinking of using?

My ibis hasn’t been too bad so far

There are two companies I have looked at. Ceramic pro Scotland in Glasgow and Angelwax detailing in Greenock. I haven’t contacted them about a definitive price as I am still on the fence if I will go for it....need to talk my wife into it too you know of any others closer to Falkirk?

There are two companies I have looked at. Ceramic pro Scotland in Glasgow and Angelwax detailing in Greenock. I haven’t contacted them about a definitive price as I am still on the fence if I will go for it....need to talk my wife into it too you know of any others closer to Falkirk?

There’s Ultimate Shine Autos over the road from Stirling Audi and also Devilish Detailing at Bankside Falkirk. Not used either myself though, apart from buying cleaning stuff from USA.

There’s Ultimate Shine Autos over the road from Stirling Audi and also Devilish Detailing at Bankside Falkirk. Not used either myself though, apart from buying cleaning stuff from USA.

Cheers. Now you mention it I have seen the place in Stirling but not looked into them. Devilish detailing is a new one on me.

Cheers. Now you mention it I have seen the place in Stirling but not looked into them. Devilish detailing is a new one on me.

A lot of high end stuff normally Porsche, Ferrari, Aston etc. Do normal cars to though lol

Ultimate shine autos done my rs3 full g tech treatment the coating was excellent on the bodywork. after 18 months it was like it was fresh done after each wash. (800 plus tho) Though I wasn’t happy with it’s condition when collected as they just rushed it I guess.
There’s a place in bonnybridge too does gyeon coatings and much cheaper done my mates f type I can get you the name. Sure he was more like 550

Reactions: Chris Walton and BarryG79
Just had a lengthy conversation with the guy at the place in Bonnybridge MJM Detailing. Sounds like the place I will use, he was knowledgeable and didn't try and sell me what I don't need. was quoted £550 for Gyeon 2 year guarantee ceramic protection on the paint, windscreen and wheels and polymer protection on the other windows and the interior. it takes 3 days to get done. All sounds reasonable to me and at a good price. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and BarryG79
Snow Day.
Audi

Reactions: voorhees, pierreluigi88, Spaceman_RS3 and 4 others
Just had a lengthy conversation with the guy at the place in Bonnybridge MJM Detailing. Sounds like the place I will use, he was knowledgeable and didn't try and sell me what I don't need. was quoted £550 for Gyeon 2 year guarantee ceramic protection on the paint, windscreen and wheels and polymer protection on the other windows and the interior. it takes 3 days to get done. All sounds reasonable to me and at a good price. Any thoughts?
Sounds like a very good price, but the curious person inside me then thinks about the cost of the product and the labour spent doing the job makes me wander if it is right? Two year protection for a ceramic coating would make you think it might be more of a coating targeted for the amateur detailer to apply. All the pro applied Gtechniq ceramic coating are 5+ years guarantee.

Sounds like a very good price, but the curious person inside me then thinks about the cost of the product and the labour spent doing the job makes me wander if it is right? Two year protection for a ceramic coating would make you think it might be more of a coating targeted for the amateur detailer to apply. All the pro applied Gtechniq ceramic coating are 5+ years guarantee.

Yeah before I go for it I am going to ask the guy the specific coating he is putting on. He is an authorised Gyeon centre, which I have checked on the Gyeon website. He gave me the choice of products 12-18months no guarantee 2 years guarantee and 5 years guarantee obviously the price increases with the longer guarantee. I only need the two year one as I don't really hold onto my cars for any longer than 2-3 years.

The 2 year one is what my f type friend had done and is lasting great and was turned out spot on.

Where a outs were you? I’m up in Aberdeen, feel free to give me a shout if you’re ever about!

It was a holiday upto Loch Long, tho this was taken on banks of Loch Lomond.
Will definitely head back there again (despite the 7 hour drive -including food, toilet and of course fuels stops).

First wash of the year!

2018 01 02 132850
2018 01 02 133412
2018 01 02 133032
2018 01 02 133811
2018 01 02 133306
2018 01 02 133649
2018 01 02 133237
2018 01 02 133742
2018 01 02 133109
2018 01 02 133330
2018 01 02 132950
2018 01 02 133624

Reactions: GaryP, Whytho1001 and Daggerit
The A4 does look good in black, just don't let the dealership valeters get at it...

Reactions: NicoS85
The A4 does look good in black, just don't let the dealership valeters get at it...

Yeh since learning about detailing I always politely request that my car does not get washed while it's at the dealership for any work. I don't mind so much however them giving the interior a quick hoover! :D

Just finished a wash myself

Attachments

• 20180102_154527.jpg
    20180102_154527.jpg
    865.1 KB · Views: 235
Reactions: GaryP, SPIKE_, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Reactions: NicoS85
Looks great! What was your wash routine?

Thanks! Was just a quickie to wash off some of the winter grime.
I started on the wheels with bilt hamber auto wheel then washed them with wheel woolies and some regular car shampoo.
Then I used gyeon snow foam and went at the badges and grills with a detailing brush before pressure hosing it off.
Next I washed the car using the two bucket method with gyeon bathe using the gyeon Microfibre wash mitt.
Lastly I used a open hose to rinse off the car and dried it using the gyeon silk dryer.
I applied soft99 fusso wax a couple of months ago which is still holding up nicely. :)

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, GaryP and Whytho1001

So I have bit the bullet and booked the car in for ceramic coating. I got more information on the products the guy will be using.

Full vehicle decontamination. Single stage paint correction to enhance the factory finish and remove any slight blemishes from original preparation.

Paint coated in Gyeon MOHS + (plus)

Wheels removed and coated in Gyeon RIM coating (3 layer process)

Front three windows coated with Gyeon View, so windscreen and both driver and passenger drop glass.

Rear windows coated with Autoperfekt Pro Glass. This will have a good durability as these windows are not subject to the abrasive nature the front three are.

All rubber and unpainted plastic trims coated with Gyeon TRIM.

door apatures (checks) coated with Autoperfekt Pro kote.

Interior degrease.

All plastics coated in Gyeon preserve coating.

All leather degreased and coated with gyeon leather coat.

All fabrics coated in Autoperfekt Fabric.

Interior glass coated in Autoperfekt N1 Glass.

I am quite happy with what he is going to do for the price. Roll on the 20th...don't know what I will do without a car for 4 days though:flushed:

Reactions: BarryG79 and SPIKE_
So I have bit the bullet and booked the car in for ceramic coating. I got more information on the products the guy will be using.

Full vehicle decontamination. Single stage paint correction to enhance the factory finish and remove any slight blemishes from original preparation.

Paint coated in Gyeon MOHS + (plus)

Wheels removed and coated in Gyeon RIM coating (3 layer process)

Front three windows coated with Gyeon View, so windscreen and both driver and passenger drop glass.

Rear windows coated with Autoperfekt Pro Glass. This will have a good durability as these windows are not subject to the abrasive nature the front three are.

All rubber and unpainted plastic trims coated with Gyeon TRIM.

door apatures (checks) coated with Autoperfekt Pro kote.

Interior degrease.

All plastics coated in Gyeon preserve coating.

All leather degreased and coated with gyeon leather coat.

All fabrics coated in Autoperfekt Fabric.

Interior glass coated in Autoperfekt N1 Glass.

I am quite happy with what he is going to do for the price. Roll on the 20th...don't know what I will do without a car for 4 days though:flushed:
Who did you go with in the end Chris?

Car will be top notch after that. And so easy to clean after trips away.

Who did you go with in the end Chris?

Car will be top notch after that. And so easy to clean after trips away.

Went with MJM detailing in bonnybridge. Thanks for that suggestion.

Next I’m ordering a car blower, pressed plates and curry hooks.....hope the wife doesn’t read this