Post pics of your A3/S3

A little update on my A3, some of you will know the story of saving it from the scrappy on a last minute ebay special. Its been a long and expensive journey that still isn't quite there. Its not the cleanest example or the most special model ect but its mine and I can have the pride in saying that the engine has been fully re-built and tweeked by myself. For a more complete story check out my 'garage'

cheers Ash.

Couple of fresh ones of mine, Big plan coming soon!

All i can let on is arch flare, spacers and camber...

but for now:

3854545384_f4f6b22276_b.jpg

3853759257_40181b6c39_b.jpg

I know she can go much much much lower, but she get driven hard and i wouldn't want to be tip-toeing around!

Well I did start a thread in there before but no replies. Even tried the audi sat nav forum, got some help but not a actual answer lol. I should PM him and see what he says

Hi mate i have the pin numbers for the speed signal at home, you pick them up from behind instrument cluster, will sort out for you this afternoon

Bobt that would be great. I know that you get the 2 speed signals from the instrument cluster but dont actually know what pins go were and from the back of the navi bit confued also

well me n vicki split up ages ago, she kept the green quattro but me n the new missus have had a a3 1.8se, got loads of plans for it and hopefuly will see you at some of the shows as the last time i saw u guys was audi international ;) ive looked through 27 pages of pics just and not seen one in this colour, anybody know the name for it?? will get it cleaned up and polished over the weekend and get some good quality pics up ;)

hope you like....

IMG0171A.jpg

IMG0172A.jpg

IMG0173A.jpg

IMG0174A.jpg

IMG0175A.jpg

IMG0176A.jpg

heres the old one for those who cant remember me ;) lol

_MG_0145.jpg

Heres some more recent ones of my S3. Needs lowering badly i know but it will have to wait untill my pennys build up :(

New to the Photography scene so go easy on the comments! :)

Hope you like...

IMG_8170.jpg

Nice and clean :)

IMG_8184.jpg

IMG_8185.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg

:yes:

Not in the best condition, had a lick of paint in its time (but a pretty good job). Not planning on any real mods.

DSC_0564_sml.jpg

DSC_0565_sml.jpg

DSC_0569_sml.jpg

DSC_0573_sml.jpg

DSC_0571_sml.jpg

DSC_0574_sml.jpg

DSC_0566sml.jpg

DSC_0567_sml.jpg

DSC_0568_sml.jpg

DSC_0577_sml.jpg

DSC_0576_sml.jpg

Spec is...
2001 (Y) A3 T Quattro 180. 5dr (if didn't know that already), full black leather with Elec Recaro, Elec T&S Sunroof, Climate, Stereo + CD Changer, all elec windows, F/fogs, 17" TT aloys.

Apologies for the non-Audi that crept in there, no idea how that happened ;)

Hodge was you in wickham the otherday, anmd proper smart noggi blue s3 was behind me..makes me want one now!

Two more from last night session.

2e9be1d7fcabe597.jpg

dba5af0c3e7e6ea1.jpg

Last edited:
What's the profile on those tyres hodge? Cars looking good!

Thanks Sandip, Yea there Falken 452's in 235/35/18 (My wheels are 8"/8.5" wide). Good grip for a low profile tyre :)

Hodge was you in wickham the otherday, anmd proper smart noggi blue s3 was behind me..makes me want one now!

Maybe a while back but not recently....Yea i love the Noggi colour but you have to keep it clean all the time :)

hi guys some pics of my s3 as standard and with my set of lambo shoes

P8080199.jpg

Image0030.jpg

Image0032.jpg

Last edited:
Ryan that looks nice, what you done with the TT wheels???

Ryan that looks nice, what you done with the TT wheels???

thanks :icon_thumright: but they are lambo gallardo replicas m8 18" with 215/35/18 tyres and i might be selling them if anyones interested.

Cars looking very nice HODGE. Thought you were selling it as it was on pistonheads. Are your wheels Inovit DTM's.

[QUOTE

2e9be1d7fcabe597.jpg

dba5af0c3e7e6ea1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

They aint standard xenons are they. If not what wattage are they.

Oh really like your yellow coloured brakes, mine are the same lol.

Heres my 1998 Autumn Red A3 TDI SE.
IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gary, car looks good, nice and low in the 4th pic...

Quick question, any reason why you went for the 10k HIDs???

Any pics with them on please??

They aint standard xenons are they. If not what wattage are they.

Oh really like your yellow coloured brakes, mine are the same lol.[/QUOTE]

Hi Nattie! When I bought the car there were standard xenon bulbs fitted. They are 4300K, but I replaced them with 6000k one. They are more blue but also brighter, cause the "daylight" is about 5500K so it is the closest to that You can get. And I think that blue light looks better when You reach somebodys rear bumper ;).
But what You can see on the pics is light from my parking lights. To take good picture of such dark car in the night, shutter in camera has to be open for a long time so that gives that effect.

Thanks for the info kris. Standard aren't that bright in the dark. Will try 6000K bulbs in the future.

think everyones already said whats what .but the car had the 10ks on when i bought it but the former owner didnt up the ballast and now and again one doesnt light until i try a second time . pretty sure the only reason it was done is because its a bluer light hope that helps.

also its a seat leon cupra r splitter u have to modify it abit to get it to fit but well worth it wonce its done makes the front look alot meaner and a lower stance.

also its a seat leon cupra r splitter u have to modify it abit to get it to fit but well worth it wonce its done makes the front look alot meaner and a lower stance.

are there any how 2's here on what you have to do or is it easy enough

Cars looking very nice HODGE. Thought you were selling it as it was on pistonheads. Are your wheels Inovit DTM's.

Thanks Nattie needs to be lowered badly but i just havent got the money at the moment :(, Yes they are DTM's i use to have them on my old A3 and i like them....Didnt like them on the S3 at first but now theve grown on me but im still going for some black CH's when i but the lowering bits and bobs.

Cars not for sale anymore, It was just there so if i could sell it for the asking price i would. Lots of interest and messing around though so now its staying and will get spoilt badly soon!

Heres a couple of my old A3, I couldnt find any good pictures but heres the best i found, The 5 spoke wheels were put on to sell it with because i wanted to keep the DTM's for the S3.

25012009055.jpg

S6300183.jpg

S6300184.jpg

11102008011.jpg

S6300187.jpg

I was thinking about a set myself. Look so much better in the flesh DTM's.

Your front end on your A3 looks very agressive. Love the side grill and blacked out headlights, really hard to come by.

So what goodies is the S3 getting ?

thanks :icon_thumright: but they are lambo gallardo replicas m8 18" with 215/35/18 tyres and i might be selling them if anyones interested.

How much do you want for the TT wheels mate? pm me with a price as i might be interested.

I was thinking about a set myself. Look so much better in the flesh DTM's.

Your front end on your A3 looks very agressive. Love the side grill and blacked out headlights, really hard to come by.

So what goodies is the S3 getting ?

Yea i didnt like them untill a friend bought some for his transporter :). Yea i spent a fair bit of time and money on the A3 but it had to go as it was only a 1.6 lol. SE version so it was fully loaded!

Hi guys, thought i would post a couple of pics of my 99 S3. Had it around 10 months now and love it to bits. Hope you like...revo remap and garrett turbo.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
album.php