Post pics of your A3/S3

Quick one of mine from the beach yesterday, had a blast out with the missus over the Horseshoe pass and festiniog (spelling) and ended up in Porthmadog, Wales.

Car felt immense all day, didn't miss a beat!!!

audi-s3-porthmadog.jpg

:hubbahubba:
:hubbahubba:
Looking nice mate....
What offset are those wheels at?
Mine are supposed to be et35, which (I think) leaves me with 5mm left until the max (?) et30.
Yours fill the arches much better than mine...
pbpic3249654.jpg

no you can go lower than et30 you can get et10 on the back and et25-et20 up front on an s3

Would that work OK with no suspension mods? Wouldn't you need different camber plates to make that work on the rear? (I think that's what I mean, but I don't know much about suspension setup).
And I can get an extra 10mm at the front without rubbing the arches with a standard width tyre (i.e. not narrower than the wheel)? It looks like there is less than 10mm left when I look up beside my front wheel.
What offset and tyre width have you got on yours?
I'd like to know what setup (A)rturo has though, as it closer to what I want (yours is SLAMMED :) )
Cheers for the info.

my offset would work out to be et10 on the back and et25 up front with 8x18's although i did have 8.5x18's before,
you would'nt need any susspension mods to fit wide wheels although it would look daft imo with wide wheels and stock ride height, you only adjust camber when lowering the car as when you lower the car it throws out the camber,
what tyre size have you got 225/40/18 i guess in that case its fine and no you dont need streched tyres although the back might be a bit close if you went et10 probably et15 would be better,

how are you trying to get your wheels to these offsets are you going to try and buy wheels in this set up or are you going to use spacers???

I was thinking about 10mm H&R spacers. I know it's not as good as getting wheels with the offset I want, but I've got those wheels now.
As long as they are good quality spacers instead of those naff multi fit ones it should be all right shouldn't it?

yeah i have h+r spacers there very good quality, well my wheels were et35 and i have 10mm spacers up front and 25mm on the rear, if i were you id get slightly bigger on the rear though 15 or 20mm imo

yeah i have h+r spacers there very good quality, well my wheels were et35 and i have 10mm spacers up front and 25mm on the rear, if i were you id get slightly bigger on the rear though 15 or 20mm imo

Does spacing out the wheels change the feeling of the car much?
I love the way mine handles at the mo, but an improvement is always good :)

And does having a wider track at the rear feel much different? I can see how it would give better stability, but how does it feel?
My car seems nicely balanced in corners at the moment, especially the balance front to rear. Would this make it grip a little more at the rear, increasing under-steer slightly?

As I say, I know little and am just guessing at all this :unsure:

handling wise you will notice very little to be honest maybe a little more grip fromt the rear, but the car will seem to turn in quicker which is a good thing imo

I finally gave the car a good clean, still would like it cleaner, but heres a few pics for now :)

Image147.jpg

Image150.jpg

Image149.jpg

Image151.jpg

Image153.jpg

Image154.jpg

Image156.jpg

Image158.jpg

Image157.jpg

Image152.jpg

Image148.jpg

I finally gave the car a good clean, still would like it cleaner, but heres a few pics for now :)
Image148.jpg
nice pics nilz....bit spooked on that last one is that a ghost to the right of your ride ?

Cpl more...completely standard car barring the RS4 rep's.

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Jase, thanks, but thats not a ghost..lol....bit of a cover up thats all ;)

christ your brakes look huge

Flippin 'eck Kingston, have you got Truck brakes on there??!!???

Ha cheers Guys i never worry about needing to stop. I just go as fast as i can lol. Fronts are 350x32mm with 4 pot backs are 330x20mm disc conversion.
MINT if i do say so myself.
Photo0004.jpg
Photo0002.jpg

with Nankang a am afraid you dont have the shortest stop man...:redrs4:

To be honest if i stopped any quicker i think my wheels would snap off lol.

Cheers guys!

I hate looking at my car, i needs to be dropped...Hopefully this sunday it will be :D V-Maxx coilovers are in the post as we speak

you've got a top camera Scott,also an eye for photos.
nice pics

Nice car Kingston, think i saw your car at preston audi a while back, must have been yours because that had huge brakes too, love the white recaros

Nice car Kingston, think i saw your car at preston audi a while back, must have been yours because that had huge brakes too, love the white recaros

Cheers it has a few of many mods i wanna do. Yes it was at Preston Audi they where fixing the roof defect. (Blisters on the guttering) They honoured the corrosion warranty and had HB Panel craft fix it. Cost was free. You from Preston?

To be honest if i stopped any quicker i think my wheels would snap off lol.

I r my case... :)

ABS-BREAKING ON DRY
ABS-breaking on dry

1. Goodyear 9,5
2. Bridgestone 9,3
3. Nokian 8,2
4. Kenda 8,2
5. Hankook 8,0
6. Barum 7,3
7. Nankang 7,1 Here is Kingstons wheel snaper...

As on wet, we used only the front breaks. Because of better gripping, the measuring speed was higher: 50-5 km/h.
The newcomer from Goodyear was the best also on dry.

http://eu.goodyear.com/home_en/goodyear/newsoverview/newsarticle/news_2007/eaglef1as_testwinner.jsp

GUYS GUYS GUYS how do i post up pic on this thread i still dont know how to and i want to show of my audi to.