Post Pics Of Your A3/S3 8Y In Here

Hi everyone.
This is my new S3, I've had one before in back in 2012 for three years it was 8P and I loved it so I've gone for another one.

I've wrapped the window trim black, rear boot lip and all the brush aluminium. I'm planning on doing the outer front grill chrome and I'll do the rook black too.

let me know what you think View attachment 234653View attachment 234654View attachment 234652

Looks class mate! Don’t understand why the 8y gets so much hate. I think a full gloss black grille would finish it off lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joe mcgrath
It’s not the carbon spoiler it looks like he’s wrapped the normal one.

Looking good in white. Are you doing the individual aluminium bits on the front grille too?

Yes its just the original boot lip but I've wrapped it black.

No I'm going to leave the aluminium at first and see what it looks like. Only because it takes time to do each individual piece . If it doesn't look right I'll have to bite the bullet and get on with it .

I've seen yours on here. The black and chrome go really well together. Really like your alloys as well!
Cheers pal ! I know it kinda works with the black especially as the alloys are a brushed titanium so match the trim, I always had it planned to wrap the trim but now not so sure mmmm if I ask 10 people 5 will say deff yes, 5 will say deff no haha
IMG 5012

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
Yes its just the original boot lip but I've wrapped it black.

No I'm going to leave the aluminium at first and see what it looks like. Only because it takes time to do each individual piece . If it doesn't look right I'll have to bite the bullet and get on with it .

Spoiler Does look good wrapped. Nice job.

Yes it’s a bit of a commitment haha

Looks class mate! Don’t understand why the 8y gets so much hate. I think a full gloss black grille would finish it off lovely

They hate us cuz they ain’t us

Reactions: db23
df634504b1fde50a2b00230d5ff80a72.jpg

ee987277601c86b11f113b771f36d93d.jpg

Reactions: vatdim, mark2380, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Picked up my 1.5 stronic sline last week.

Attachments

• 20210330_123711.jpg
    20210330_123711.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 391
Reactions: Jcbmally
4e101900875f0124ecef015dd32d0f85.jpg

There she is. Over the moon looks 10x better in person as well!

Reactions: Jcbmally and Joe mcgrath
4e101900875f0124ecef015dd32d0f85.jpg

There she is. Over the moon looks 10x better in person as well!

looks mint, totally agree in person the 8y looks so much better than on pics, took quite a few pics of mine and they just don't do it justice !

Reactions: db23
42687511 0DF6 40FE 8ABB 120E1D7E53A5

This is my new S3…
And this is the front drivers tyre…
7AFCFFA9 0EC1 46F3 B1F9 1BC34BC22B93

Reactions: Moots, TYb and Audi Bairn
Nice KIA ....

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
Ha I was being nice to the 8Y crew. Like the alloys on that one, similar to RS4/5 ones I think.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Reactions: TYb and Jassyo06
I know I need to work on the scenic backgrounds but tried some Swissvax Autobahn on alloys this week after always using Poorboys Sealant for years and it really is soooo much nicer to apply and remove, leaves alloys silky smooth and repels brake dust a lot better than the PB's, was considering a ceramic coating but happy with Swissvax for now
IMG 5036

Reactions: Jcbmally and Q5 TRS
And this is the front drivers tyre…
View attachment 235432
Ouch, that's quite a large nail, at least where it's at, was it fixable? Had a similar (but smaller) nail slightly further on the edge on a previous car and they managed to patch it up. When it happened, wondered why TPMS kept pinging, and when I used my handy tyre pressure gauge, it was 20PSI (rest were 30+). Only found the pesky nail 2 days later after needing daily air top ups. Would lose like 10PSI a day!

Mine arrived on Friday!!!! Finally! First impressions are amazing. Very happy! Massive massive improvement from my previous car.

Attachments

• Audi A3 Front Forum.jpg
    Audi A3 Front Forum.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 308
  • Audi A3 Side Forum.jpg
    Audi A3 Side Forum.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 282
Reactions: Brian Leslie, Jcbmally, d_a_m_s and 2 others
yeah I agree especially on lighter cars, and always thought I would deff get it done as soon as I got the car, since I've had it I've kinda got use to it and think the contrast suits the black colour, but 10 mins later think I'll do it haha

Ouch, that's quite a large nail, at least where it's at, was it fixable? Had a similar (but smaller) nail slightly further on the edge on a previous car and they managed to patch it up. When it happened, wondered why TPMS kept pinging, and when I used my handy tyre pressure gauge, it was 20PSI (rest were 30+). Only found the pesky nail 2 days later after needing daily air top ups. Would lose like 10PSI a day!

Wasn’t repairable mine no, just close enough to the tyre wall to be a no. New Bridgestone sorted now and back on the road!
To be fair, the tyre held up really well with that screw in it!