Post Pics Of Your A3/S3 8Y In Here

I know alloys are very subjective and loads of diff opinions but I'm not a big fan of the current Audi alloys and wanted something a bit different. I know before it happens some will like some will hate but I'm made up with them a really think they suit the car, just my option of course haha

I actually like all of the wheels on the 8Y. S3 and A3.

I had a really difficult time trying to find wheels that I liked on my 8V. I’ll throw up some photoshops over done for the 8Y saloon when I get home.

I’ve got 2 sets and my brother has some rotiform that might look nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there's one thing I've learnt from the TT forum its always go with your own opinions on your own car, when you ask for advice you get 100"s of different opinions on what looks good and what doesn't, it always comes down to personal preferences. i.e colour/wheels/options and I will always respect other views and always be open minded but at some point you've gotta bite the bullet and hopefully not suffer the dreaded buyers regret its not I hated the design so much just for some reason the standard 18" looked so small on the 8Y even 19" don't look especially big (Maybe I should have gone 20"), on the 8V 18" looked fine and 19" too, the alloys really suited the 8V. I looked at loads of options from Vossen to CM Wheels for RS6 reps but for me these worked, I await the difference of opinions with dread haha

Just an A3 rather than S3.

Dechromed and tinted

20210317 082539
20210317 082344

Reactions: No more, Bigjase88 and KXL
Just an A3 rather than S3.

Dechromed and tinted

View attachment 233331View attachment 233332
I will soon hopefully be receving the Sport trim A3 sometime too, and considering dechroming just the front airvents and maybe front grill trim surround (possible to have a front on pic?) and curious on few things, how much were you charged for it, and did you also wrap the hexagon center grill bits, or it's just clean and shiny. Also how do you find these variant (non-projector) LED A3 headlights?

I will soon hopefully be receving the Sport trim A3 sometime too, and considering dechroming just the front airvents and maybe front grill trim surround (possible to have a front on pic?) and curious on few things, how much were you charged for it, and did you also wrap the hexagon center grill bits, or it's just clean and shiny. Also how do you find these variant (non-projector) LED A3 headlights?

I ended up only dechroming the window trim and the front air vents, and left the grill surround as think it breaks the look up nicely.

Doing the surround as well would have been a little too dark in my opinon. The hexagon centre bits didn't need anything done to them as were plain black and shiny already.

20210317 103521

The headlights I'm not finding too bad, though given covid and the fact nights are staying brighter for longer haven't had too much opportunity to use them.

When I have used them, they have illuminated my path well and haven't been too dark etc.

Reading up on the matrix lights, I do sort of wish I'd been able to get them, however at the time didn't think them necessary (The Audi UK website is terrible for explaining what things actually do)

I picked up my A3 S-Line in Daytona Grey with matrix headlights earlier today:
AB316EE9 0723 440E 98DC FC0547577819

I also ticked the boxes for the alternate 18” alloys and standard suspension. Those of you who like a sportier look aren’t going to like the higher ride height, but for me comfort was a priority:

41B01202 15DB 4439 BBA3 1D42C7C68CE9

Here’s a couple of shots of the interior without the ambient lighting pack (all four door cards are lit white). I don’t have wireless charging, but I do have a lit phone box, so assume that’s part of the upgraded interior light pack with the S-Line trim.
24EA8A5D DED7 4F06 9E1E CCC0FABB3447
35A1093B 9EEE 4B1F A76F E5EA2C63A91E

I love the 3D sculpting on the rear lights:
0A98AECC BB86 4B2B AAD0 7529E2E173A5

First impressions are that the car is super easy to drive (I have the S-Tronic box and Driver Assist Package). The matrix headlights are a game changer for night time driving - I didnt even have to dip the lights when close-passing other cars on single track roads and to be able to run with permanent full beams when doing 70 on unlit dual carriageways feels much safer than driving with dipped. (And to be able to set the main beams to auto and just let the car deal with it just further adds to the ease of driving). The mild hybrid stop/start system is seamless. And one extra little thing I haven’t seen mentioned before is that the 1.5 TFSI engine warms up remarkably quickly. And the built in voice control works well; it made it easy to set new sat-nav destinations whilst driving. Safe to say that my first impressions are very good (hopefully I don’t suffer any electrical gremlins, fingers crossed).

Last edited:
Reactions: vatdim, Brian Leslie, Marinos Demetriou and 4 others
7FD24D36 E888 4765 AB22 B8AEAB205E09

Need this whether to cheer up so I can give it a proper clean

Reactions: Jcbmally
E6E4FFC7 29E6 49D3 A5D3 DE1FF012ED71

wind deflectors and 15/20mm spacers on.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Q5 TRS and NIKLDN
And one extra little thing I haven’t seen mentioned before is that the 1.5 TFSI engine warms up remarkably quickly. And the built in voice control works well; it made it easy to set new sat-nav destinations whilst driving. Safe to say that my first impressions are very good (hopefully I don’t suffer any electrical gremlins, fingers crossed).
I noticed this with my S3, it heats up quicker than any car I’ve driven before. It’s blowing hot air by the time I leave the street just about.

Reactions: Jcbmally and AdamInKent
Hello All,

New user here, just picked up my S3 from the dealer today absolutely over the moon. Came from and A4 TDI Black Edition previously and then prior an A1 Black Edition 2.0 TDI which I miss.

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a reasonably fast car, in 2006 used to own an Evolution 8 MR FQ320 that was modestly upgraded to 420bhp & 550Nm.

Car was dealer stock with the options I wanted. Wasn’t sure about the 18” wheels and when I placed the order I was in two minds. Seeing them I personally prefer the style of them, each to there own I suppose but they would look better if they were 19” as standard, just my personal opinion.

I can confirm wireless CarPlay works etc, but at the minute I can’t get it to connect to myAudi for some reason, when I took it for a quick drive earlier the warning message for distance monitoring popped up god knows what that’s all about don’t even have the extended assistance pack.

Anyway a couple of pictures.
2B8AC09F AE57 4EC7 81FB 0EF07B99E62B

8CF4BCCC 47CB 4B19 816E 8CDD6FD0769B

Reactions: Joe mcgrath, Jcbmally, auzzam_crd and 3 others
Hello All,

New user here, just picked up my S3 from the dealer today absolutely over the moon. Came from and A4 TDI Black Edition previously and then prior an A1 Black Edition 2.0 TDI which I miss.

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a reasonably fast car, in 2006 used to own an Evolution 8 MR FQ320 that was modestly upgraded to 420bhp & 550Nm.

Car was dealer stock with the options I wanted. Wasn’t sure about the 18” wheels and when I placed the order I was in two minds. Seeing them I personally prefer the style of them, each to there own I suppose but they would look better if they were 19” as standard, just my personal opinion.

I can confirm wireless CarPlay works etc, but at the minute I can’t get it to connect to myAudi for some reason, when I took it for a quick drive earlier the warning message for distance monitoring popped up god knows what that’s all about don’t even have the extended assistance pack.

Anyway a couple of pictures.
View attachment 233823
View attachment 233824
Nice. I’m with you on the alloys, made the same decision. Wish they were that style but 19’s.

Reactions: mark2380
View attachment 233801

wind deflectors and 15/20mm spacers on.
Hi, may I ask which wind deflectors those are. I have weather tech ones on an 8V Sportback / front only ( am due to collect an 8Y next week ) and they fit well ( no clips and no rattles after three years ). Sadly I have been unable to find decent ones for the 8Y.
Cheers
F

Hi, may I ask which wind deflectors those are. I have weather tech ones on an 8V Sportback / front only ( am due to collect an 8Y next week ) and they fit well ( no clips and no rattles after three years ). Sadly I have been unable to find decent ones for the 8Y.
Cheers
F

Looks like Team Heko. I have them on my Mercedes Vito work van and previous VW caddy. Good quality. Highly recommended.

Sportback
https://e-heko.com/en_GB/p/Wind-deflectors-AUDI-A3-Y8-SPORTBACK-5d-2020-front-only-/15281

Saloon
https://e-heko.com/en_GB/p/Wind-deflectors-AUDI-A3-Y8-LIMOUSINE-4d-2020-front-only-/15283

Looks like Team Heko. I have them on my Mercedes Vito work van and previous VW caddy. Good quality. Highly recommended.

Sportback
https://e-heko.com/en_GB/p/Wind-deflectors-AUDI-A3-Y8-SPORTBACK-5d-2020-front-only-/15281

Saloon
https://e-heko.com/en_GB/p/Wind-deflectors-AUDI-A3-Y8-LIMOUSINE-4d-2020-front-only-/15283

Thanks - shall investigate. I was a little concerned having read somewhere that the Heko ones required a variable number of little metal clips in order for them to stay solid etc etc

They are indeed Team Hekos however they have created some serious wind trail noise that I’m considering removing them.

They are indeed Team Hekos however they have created some serious wind trail noise that I’m considering removing them.

That’s strange, they look quite minimal. Is it hard to capture on video?

That’s strange, they look quite minimal. Is it hard to capture on video?

Haven’t tried, I’m fairly busy with work over the next few days but will try and get a clip of the noise they’re causing. Quite disappointing really as they really look good on the car and set it off.

Yes they do look good.

Can I quickly ask what the things on the ground are where you’ve posted pressure washing pics? Look like cats eyes or something.

Yes they do look good.

Can I quickly ask what the things on the ground are where you’ve posted pressure washing pics? Look like cats eyes or something.

It’s driveway lighting. Solar powered.

Attachments

• 41938B55-6827-4673-BBF4-8C2FE398FAC8.jpeg
    41938B55-6827-4673-BBF4-8C2FE398FAC8.jpeg
    606.1 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: Audi Bairn and Q5 TRS
They are OEM ones, the dealer fitted them as a gift to say thanks for buying the car.
Thanks, think they’re pretty expensive compared to the non OEM ones you can pick up for about £15. They look good though!

Thanks, think they’re pretty expensive compared to the non OEM ones you can pick up for about £15. They look good though!

Go OEM the cheap ones just fade and look terrible after a while, I tried them and ended up changing them

iPhone 12 Pro

I was lucky to get some OEM puddle lights for free :playful:

Reactions: mark2380
Quick question, are people’s s3’s steering wheels flat bottomed?

I’m seeing different pictures but on the configurator it does say the flat bottom is standard

Quick question, are people’s s3’s steering wheels flat bottomed?

I’m seeing different pictures but on the configurator it does say the flat bottom is standard

Hi Pal, mine has the flat bottom, I think a lot of the pictures are of European spec cars and usually left hand drive, I may be corrected but as far as I know and from what the dealer told me, standard uk s3 spec has flat bottom wheel, no cost option for round wheel

Reactions: db23
Hi Pal, mine has the flat bottom, I think a lot of the pictures are of European spec cars and usually left hand drive, I may be corrected but as far as I know and from what the dealer told me, standard uk s3 spec has flat bottom wheel, no cost option for round wheel
For the A3, if you spec the Driver Assist Pack then you must have the round steering wheel: this might be true also for the S3?

For the A3, if you spec the Driver Assist Pack then you must have the round steering wheel: this might be true also for the S3?
Yeah sure your right, I never discussed the driver assist pack option as is wasn’t something I was interested in so steering wheel option with pack never came up, but now you’ve said that I vaguely remember a post a while back with op saying they wanted assist pack but if they added it the only option was round wheel which they didn’t want, so makes sense that the S3 would be same

Reactions: AdamInKent
How do you get the internal lights that bright I can early see mine in the day

iPhone 12 Pro
It’s a night time picture, I also can’t see the interior lights during the day, the puddle lights are visible during the day.

Our new vorsprung!

Download 20210326 180316

Last edited:
Reactions: vatdim, Madmo, Ludus and 4 others
Hi everyone.
This is my new S3, I've had one before in back in 2012 for three years it was 8P and I loved it so I've gone for another one.

I've wrapped the window trim black, rear boot lip and all the brush aluminium. I'm planning on doing the outer front grill chrome and I'll do the rook black too.

let me know what you think
20210403 132921
20210403 132935
20210403 132911

Reactions: SimonS38Y, SquidGame, Audi Bairn and 3 others
Hi everyone.
This is my new S3, I've had one before in back in 2012 for three years it was 8P and I loved it so I've gone for another one.

I've wrapped the window trim black, rear boot lip and all the brush aluminium. I'm planning on doing the outer front grill chrome and I'll do the rook black too.

let me know what you think View attachment 234653View attachment 234654View attachment 234652
Looks good! That rear lip spoiler will get some people talking. There are a few people on here trying to source one.

Nice ! looks really well pal, the black trim against white looks so much better than silver on lighter cars imo ! mines black and its a bit of contrast having the silver trim but still might wrap it, if it doesn't work can always take it off !

Looks good! That rear lip spoiler will get some people talking. There are a few people on here trying to source one.

It’s not the carbon spoiler it looks like he’s wrapped the normal one.

Looking good in white. Are you doing the individual aluminium bits on the front grille too?

Nice ! looks really well pal, the black trim against white looks so much better than silver on lighter cars imo ! mines black and its a bit of contrast having the silver trim but still might wrap it, if it doesn't work can always take it off !
I've seen yours on here. The black and chrome go really well together. Really like your alloys as well!