Post Pics Of Your A3/S3 8v In Here

Check the finish on this lol

A bet yer all well jel...

Love Scottish roads... NOT

DSC 0596

Reactions: miro01, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 6 others
Mine doesn't look half as filthy as yours, Jassy, even after returning from Glencoe!

Here's a pic from this morning after changing to my brand new winter wheels. 18" BBS SR in Himalaya Grey (8J ET45) with Continental WinterContact TS850P, 225/40.

IMG 3038

Reactions: Audi Bairn, MattSedg, pburv and 2 others
Mine doesn't look half as filthy as yours, Jassy, even after returning from Glencoe!

Here's a pic from this morning after changing to my brand new winter wheels. 18" BBS SR in Himalaya Grey (8J ET45) with Continental WinterContact TS850P, 225/40.

View attachment 110730

Glencoe aint got a lookin as far as Cumbernauld to Bearsden...via the back roads.... mate....Yer Winter's are looking fab....lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
Doesn't stay grit Covered for long.... well...... :blink:
DSC 0597

Reactions: MattSedg, Rob2k68, pburv and 2 others
A week old. Poor thing hasn't seen a temperature above zero yet. 30 mpg is the most I've had so far. Needs a wash. Lovin' it!
:nogarors4::s3addict::grinning:

Attachments

• IMG_2494.JPG
    IMG_2494.JPG
    889.7 KB · Views: 316
Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Jassyo06
A week old. Poor thing hasn't seen a temperature above zero yet. 30 mpg is the most I've had so far. Needs a wash. Lovin' it!
:nogarors4::s3addict::grinning:

30 mpg is average mate 19k miles 31mpg...Yeah av seen my mpg rise up to 38 but that's only once in a blue moon

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Audi Bairn
30 mpg is average mate 19k miles 31mpg...Yeah av seen my mpg rise up to 38 but that's only once in a blue moon

Yeah mate.
To be honest mpg wasn't a big consideration for me as we don't buy S models for economy but before I did my homework prior to ordering I'd have assumed (wrongly) that the 2.0 turbo would've got a bit more than my 3.0 s/charged but it's not really any different. Like I say, not really an issue though.
Interested to see what happens once it's "loosens up" a bit.
Still driving sensibly until I get to 1000 miles but itching to open her up and hear some of the noise it makes, again to compare with my last car.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
4b4755aff990e5b16823242e737b1d4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lavalamp, Pinky1959, dno_uk and 15 others
Thanks mate couldn't not take one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn, pburv and 1 other person
Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, Daytonapig, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Yeah mate.
To be honest mpg wasn't a big consideration for me as we don't buy S models for economy but before I did my homework prior to ordering I'd have assumed (wrongly) that the 2.0 turbo would've got a bit more than my 3.0 s/charged but it's not really any different. Like I say, not really an issue though.
Interested to see what happens once it's "loosens up" a bit.
Still driving sensibly until I get to 1000 miles but itching to open her up and hear some of the noise it makes, again to compare with my last car.

It gets a bit faster after about 8k miles...but not fast enough for me yesterday when I was truly caught with my pants....down and extremely reamed by a new Mercedes-Benz cls AMG..... this thing just smoked me lol

RS3 can't come quick enough lol

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
HD Wax & Leather Clean today!

IMG 7286 IMG 7285 IMG 7291 IMG 7292 IMG 7283 IMG 7287 IMG 7282

Attachments

• IMG_7284.JPG
    IMG_7284.JPG
    833.9 KB · Views: 287
Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Spent the day washing, decontaminating, claying, then applying a sealant by the name of "Gyeon Quartz Q2 Prime". Takes a while to apply, and you can feel that the surface is "stickier" when you are trying to buff it off in the two minutes following the application. Second stage of "curing" it with it's hydrophobic sealant is particularly quick and easy, and leaves the finish reminiscent of that of a freshly clayed paint (smooth, no cling to the cloth). Ended up like this:

Reactions: Lavalamp, Brasso, Don76 and 11 others
Spent the day washing, decontaminating, claying, then applying a sealant by the name of "Gyeon Quartz Q2 Prime". Takes a while to apply, and you can feel that the surface is "stickier" when you are trying to buff it off in the two minutes following the application. Second stage of "curing" it with it's hydrophobic sealant is particularly quick and easy, and leaves the finish reminiscent of that of a freshly clayed paint (smooth, no cling to the cloth). Ended up like this:

That looks stonking !! - there must be some slight editing enhancements done to that pic surely ??

Reactions: Brasso, Audi Bairn and pburv
I've turned the brightness down a touch as due to where the sun was (top left) there was a bit of overexposure going on.

Other than that it's straight off my Oneplus One (oh, and I removed the exit data to hide geo tags).

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and pburv
I've turned the brightness down a touch as due to where the sun was (top left) there was a bit of overexposure going on.

Other than that it's straight off my Oneplus One (oh, and I removed the exit data to hide geo tags).

How did you managed get the stuff to cure, most ceramic coatings worth there salt need a ambient temperature of around 23 degrees to cure quickly?

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and pburv
The instructions mention climate differences, but only for the initial stage 10s - 2min worth of "drying" before buffing off with a soft cloth. After buffing off, I just left it for the 3 hours or so the instructions stated, and then "final" curing I believe is a chemical reaction using the sealing spray, so that should, for the most part, but independent of temperature.

I wanted it on to give some semblance of protection from the salt on the roads at this time of year. I've got enough left over to re-visit the coating in late spring/early summer, so will do it again then.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
The instructions mention climate differences, but only for the initial stage 10s - 2min worth of "drying" before buffing off with a soft cloth. After buffing off, I just left it for the 3 hours or so the instructions stated, and then "final" curing I believe is a chemical reaction using the sealing spray, so that should, for the most part, but independent of temperature.

I wanted it on to give some semblance of protection from the salt on the roads at this time of year. I've got enough left over to re-visit the coating in late spring/early summer, so will do it again then.

ceramic coats will splinter in very cold temperatures noticed it last winter on my car

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
Few mods done....

Black Badges
Brakes painted red
Bilstein B14 Coilovers

y3m-P55HP8WD-nilw2gOrCNecVPGgfX-d-OYqCK6QnjsT-veO0ueGheZVh-tyLDkeNl1XfM4vMr-fND2i6ehTHfUUlQ2eL7Ll4dbiAKHp2zOZfqA9rf4rqSHVkvHzys9hHS_JPiXkVL7OZyHVrGbw0gNikfxx-fLNuDHJ5IpSv0Rs0

y3m48A3_lunsQnv4JyLPcO-9T6RjOAZ16X6dgzUygrjMBmuLDaqm51IilCzBAGTAJ8HMGumnUhAqKxeCB_Z7MzQsdvUvGzSkJl7bOGFYtYGJ1nrf2BX050YfGIEvv1pKVBqqrzJevRykQbUMh5MKZ1OwPq1ENLOHlPAndqlkR3lHl8

y3mCx-LzfIjxjvVHnzYO016PqkQPFKdT1fcnPekWBoSoA497Wcdz4Bo5Kcjn4bjyRZ-4xrw2K3k0Mjre2jWKge2nojoGKEHV8Z0q5PzOlf4ANoCxoWRH0Z8dVDilnpr_PmrvgCktonDfjqSRe4M6ggml0I9x5OifBIIGhUVfzOqgPY

y3mMU0DiLeJBJ6_lCvnukaHDbXb9kfBGDuU9cb-l3K1UJ9HiobzJc9OvrTU4prySpo4xy2dC4AFjUge3Apf8kiVEl49RNCxUinhtwdXSr3pI2A75Dx-5EoUaytA3zbERKJCjKqXZ2PXBYhoh4id8tTfpza3LXqnYAgLO8nRFECdGdQ

y3mQBqHquQ8KtCiAunpTeay614EjfxFM60GfQaO6_5wWgvvfQmL479rfqSR2q3p0My7v-K6-9Wt3v7UMevZhX-oUVWm9pAD5cRGTBIgtLrCfqzEdXpTrw4sBCKEP5I9381OSuZJcWw-E0kCo_xVGVJ1F4GDF8DsjGbcutdNYS1WyIs

y3mwjGLkMYxccDlknrddyRgEycDk0mr5DzfOy2cgpH3OxwkDZydVns_26p5nVOEiu6RbS59D9xBPktca89oZRxBg_pR2xcL-BtaOFz5_5AgbwaHrHbiueJxvAjtSSeB6B5suu_9pCFI7PgOoFC8yVaGGmd00P8HyGPgMQct1Hfrems

y3mcR8pPH4T5NmFytcY6EHrlgbiGAyitUr06BiNcknjJ-4RhpCloBHvVdQ5f3HwiOa_3VfFZfXLeJYeMFpJ9bdxKHtIZGHiVeQCx0Ywq3Ze8QYiE37aWJwf7DGro553jc67fZZjO_MnHmG2maNzF4v8YJForaMWtdx8yLnGugy_DxE

y3m7HWB4YORaBLpcc8hiwpwS4BuoIwA-jKsJruSr8VVsxRV4XeyuigSG5JUZlFjJibJNCBkkUXuzvWW9N8omX7fRK8bm8vHz1yv3kERmaTJBuMug1Xdb-g_SJ87SNRHeAvlD1pxoMsBq9lfX5SIWJFs-RBcoSPAUc5MmkCpKeGoZv0

Reactions: Shortyian, glasgowdubber, Audi Bairn and 4 others
Audi S3
Quick shot of mine taken down at Portland Bill today.

Reactions: Pinky1959, Brasso, TDI-line and 7 others