Post Pics Of Your A3/S3 8v In Here

...So off topic l know "Same as all threads on here" but what colour/shade are your DRLs/xenons, this includes you Rob with yer Fancy Leds.............Boohoo

2PehFk4k

Ignore the nasty yellow hue that's produced from the phone camera - its consistent with the white at the inner part of the lens closest to the grille. I'd go for 5,000-5,500K - would have thought this is the same components in each lamp but perhaps not. Maybe the tinted lens has a slight filtering effect.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Lovely Dave :)

I assume you're having a good time out there. Weather doesn't look too shabby ;)

Yep all good, except the terrible French country roads, S3 suspension makes the ride very crashy oh and the giant hailstones the other night, but no worries the replacement S3 is being built 14th September.

Reactions: Simon L
Yes mate! unreal colour in the flesh

Love it! I almost chose it myself but I simply love a pearlescent in the sun - I'd miss the glossy deep shine!

I know someone else called it Porsche Grey but I'm pretty sure that's just the Audi name for it. All the same a stonking colour. I agree that a carbon mirror dip would be great. Only around £90 to dip both

Another Candidate for the black carbon door mirrors covers, real nice mate looks like Glacier on my PC monitor,l know its not? is it a EX Demo,

I have been noticing the colour of all A3 Xenon/DRLs l see,dont see any S3's up my way??? my car has the exact same colour temp as the lovely car above, a kinda bluey/violet tinge= 5,500 K? to them, but any other A3-S-Line has a more daylight colour off white tinge to them 4,300 kelvins.

So off topic l know "Same as all threads on here" but what colour/shade are your DRLs/xenons, this includes you Rob with yer Fancy Leds.............Boohoo

I've been thinking that myself! Just trying to be sensible though as have a holiday to pay for first :sadlike:
As far as I'm aware it was the managers motor but dont quote me on that one, It had 3'400 on it, registered 1/15
Its hard to judge IMO because the Xenon gives of said bluey/violet tinge to me but the DRLs are much more of 'whiter' colour

Love it! I almost chose it myself but I simply love a pearlescent in the sun - I'd miss the glossy deep shine!

I know someone else called it Porsche Grey but I'm pretty sure that's just the Audi name for it. All the same a stonking colour. I agree that a carbon mirror dip would be great. Only around £90 to dip both

Same as myself to be honest, I went into my local Audi looking to place an order for a Sepang blue but once I saw this one the unusual colour sold it for me! Even though I now have to live with people commenting with 'Whens it going for paint mate & Whys it in primer still...' :highly amused:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Front is all black now:
16gyhvs.jpg

Rear diffusor is painted gloss black and the exhaust fitting is on spot now!
10riy4m.jpg

2ikbh2e.jpg

Reactions: jimojameso, HarryM, Jassyo06 and 5 others
ls that Scuba diving bloo David?...and whats your thoughts on the Posh canvas topped A3...?

Not 100% sure on the colour ....looks Scuba blue to me tho :readit:

Thoughts on a 150hp Diesel Cabrio A3 ......

• Slow ....
  • Felt unstable .....Lots of creaks. You can definitely tell the difference in cabin movement with no hard roof
  • Standard Audi Radio ....Quite impressive actually (But it ain't B&O)
  • Speed at which roof goes down ......very impressed
Nothing much else to comment on ...... Probably would have enjoyed it more if we actually had some sun :sob:

2PehFk4k

Ignore the nasty yellow hue that's produced from the phone camera - its consistent with the white at the inner part of the lens closest to the grille. I'd go for 5,000-5,500K - would have thought this is the same components in each lamp but perhaps not. Maybe the tinted lens has a slight filtering effect.

Yeah they are the same as my DRLs Rob 5-5500k, but the ones l have seen on S-Line models are more like 4300k as are the xenons,maybe the older 2012-2014 models have a lower temp?

Reactions: Rob2k68
They'll be hanging round with me in Rhodes this Saturday ;) Lol

Ya JAMMY sod ye...LOL.........never been to the Greek lslands or Cyprus.........cant get Egypt oot my mind,go there constantly.....So just 3 more sleeps enjoy,l will go back to Sharm from Manchester Airport when the English schools go back........dont get ripped off then.

Have a great time mate

Ya JAMMY sod ye...LOL.........never been to the Greek lslands or Cyprus.........cant get Egypt oot my mind,go there constantly.....So just 3 more sleeps enjoy,l will go back to Sharm from Manchester Airport when the English schools go back........dont get ripped off then.

Have a great time mate

Thanks mate, I'll have a few sherberts in your honour ;)

Gutted to be leaving the car so soon though! :)

Just got my new s3, Audi exclusive Suzuka grey
IMG 1556
IMG 1535
IMG 1540

Reactions: Tej13, Blackwhite, Simon L and 4 others
IMG 5726

She's landed! Just under 4 weeks until collection...

Reactions: Garreth64, Joeran, HarryM and 3 others
Thanks mate, I'll have a few sherberts in your honour ;)

Gutted to be leaving the car so soon though! :)
done the exact same as yourself,got my car then 3 weeks later l was off on a big burd lol life ain't so bad new car and quality holidays minted

Pure class mate ;)

Bet your bouncing off the walls now :)

Cheers, it's the first time i've actually seen a monsoon grey S3 up close so i'm very glad I made the right decision. The slightly tinted headlight covers look classy too (only noticed this as there was an A1 next to it with clear covers).

I think the next few weeks will go past fairly quickly then i look forward to seeing her in her showroom glory. Then pressing that anodised ring to start her up will be great.

Got my SIM ready for the Connect system but this'll be the first car where i've not already bought my aluminium tax disc holder ready to replace the naff garage standard one! Wondering whether to get a new key ring or go back to the quattro one i kept after selling my last A3.

Keyring was the first thing I changed ;)

20150806_110903-1_zps261metbe.jpg

Reactions: Blackwhite and HarryM
Keyring was the first thing I changed ;)

20150806_110903-1_zps261metbe.jpg

Mine is a silver black enamelled "quattro" one, which i love and kept just in case i returned to the 4 rings in the future :)

Got the same keyring mate !

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438865982454342

snap ;)

Reactions: HarryM and Simon L
Off on me hols tomorrow so gave the old girl one last clean.......................... :cry:

hdr6_zpslf9gogjm.jpg

Reactions: HarryM, gamegenie, Joeran and 5 others
Off on me hols tomorrow so gave the old girl one last clean.......................... :cry:

Car looks amazing !!!! Long drive you've got there too Si !

Car looks amazing !!!! Long drive you've got there too Si !

Cheers Rob :)

.......and don't worry I'll still be checking in to make sure you're all behaving yourselves!! (will be on the look out for any dodgy coloured air vents too) ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Off on me hols tomorrow so gave the old girl one last clean.......................... :cry: "OLD"? - We all just watched her birth a few weeks back:butterfly: Have a nice break.

hdr6_zpslf9gogjm.jpg

Thanks mate :)

Enjoy your 'baby' ;)

hdr6_zpslf9gogjm.jpg
Turned in front wheels,Pic taken of Axis....typical Forecourt Poseur parking again,car looks a bit angry in that pose,lol

Them 19"s REALLY do make a difference to the S3's stance...Wonder why they are not offered as a option on the hatchbacks...standard S3 Saloon one's that is?

Turned in front wheels,Pic taken of Axis....typical Forecourt Poseur parking again,car looks a bit angry in that pose,lol

Them 19"s REALLY do make a difference to the S3's stance...Wonder why they are not offered as a option on the hatchbacks...standard S3 Saloon one's that is?

You're too kind mate ;)

Takes a poseur to know one fella :)

Know this is not an A3 or S3, but A3 e-tron are very close to the S3 in the front.
Received the car last monday, and the 204 hp are really doing good:smiley:
20150803 115123 resized 20150803 115155 resized 20150803 115311 resized 20150803 115216 resized

Reactions: HarryM, jetron, lou15p and 3 others
some more shots off the s3..
IMG 1581
IMG 1599
IMG 1600

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06, Joeran and 1 other person
My son took this one with his iPhone and has it for his background. Bless him ;)

IMG-20150810-WA0002_zpsfirzwhgt.jpg

Reactions: Blackwhite, Jassyo06, Joeran and 2 others