Post Pics Of Your A3/S3 8v In Here

Gave my car a detail today.
1. Applied valet pro citrus pre cleaner.
2. Power wash.
3. Wash with Johnstone baby bath. ( two bucket method) and woolen mitt.
4. Power wash.
5. Clay bar with Allshine
6. Wash again with Johnstone baby bath
7. Clean alloys with Auto glym wheel cleaner.
8. Polish with auto glym super resin.
9. Dress tires with miguiars endurance.
10. Applied Fusso soft wax
11. Polished exhausts with Autosol.
12. Polished windows

77c46d6822379d5976161ecd327be733.jpg

3e75cac7dec182dc048990fd16e3420a.jpg

Reactions: Forbzeeee, J6YAK, David83S3 and 10 others
View attachment 52667 Picked up yesterday and spent 7 hours cleaning and protecting it into the darkness, still more to do at the weekend.

More picture to come.
Hi Mate, I would love to see more photos as I have just order an A3 S-Line with the same colour and wheels. I look forward to seeing them.

Also, any chance you could detail what you did with regards to the cleaning and protecting?

2. Power wash.
4. Power wash.
12. Polished windows

Wow - quality work there!
Have you considered black mirrors? Would look sweet....

Reactions: RYuill, Bristle Hound and Blackwhite
S3 looks great buddy :thumbs up:

Have you considered black mirrors? Would look sweet....
Agreed

Get the standard fit Matt chrome ones wrapped in gloss black wrap. Would be a lot cheaper and easier than purchasing new black ones IMO

2. Power wash.
4. Power wash.
12. Polished windows

hi mate! your up early!? Ideal chance to clean the car with some of that lush spring sunshine up in Scotland! Johnson's baby bath? huh? Is that all you had available or am i missing something?

hope your well.

Lou

Ps lovely stormtrooper! Lucas would be proud!

An awesome highway photo of my blue.

bd8dfe6b0cdeae98861630ad56c4d98a.jpg

If you want to check out the photographer works, search "trlux" on instagram.

Reactions: Rob2k68
An awesome highway photo of my blue.

bd8dfe6b0cdeae98861630ad56c4d98a.jpg

If you want to check out the photographer works, search "trlux" on instagram.

Nice photo, I had one like it from the government and had to pay £60 for it too. Bargain.

Reactions: ice_cube99, nadsi77, Redgrouse and 9 others
To roof rail or not? That is one of the questions...

Also, as I debate whether or not i return to Audi from BMW i think the sportback actually looks better than the 3 door.

hi mate! your up early!? Ideal chance to clean the car with some of that lush spring sunshine up in Scotland! Johnson's baby bath? huh? Is that all you had available or am i missing something?

My choice of car shampoo too. Perfect, gentle, no harsh detergents, pH neutral etc. And cheap compared to posh car shampoo ;)

I gave her a good clean today, but still few water marks :(

2015 03 06 142251
2015 03 06 141203

Last edited:
Reactions: daydotz, terapati, nadsi77 and 10 others
***!!!! All you guys and your lush saloon's have got me looking at changing already! damn you....damn you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: Psyman79

hope your well.

Lou

I always use Jhonsons baby bath. Works a treat, and smells good lol.

hope your well.

Lou

I actually read it on here somewhere that people used it, so thought I would give it a shot, never used anything else since

Inspecting for swirl marks on collection day :jester:

IMG 0004 ASN

Reactions: Stride, terapati, Liquidfusion-S3 and 3 others
Inspecting for swirl marks on collection day :jester:

View attachment 52898

Cracking photo Davey...your Photo's make Misano look really nice but the big plus factor is the Parade leather,you have chosen well young Padawan....lol.
One thing, my son had a A5 Coupe as a 6 month demo car..it had a lot of the Orange PEEL effect on the rear/back wings...it was really difficult aswell to notice that it was a metallic colour....hows the paint on your beasty?

Reactions: David83S3 and Liquidfusion-S3
Cracking photo Davey...your Photo's make Misano look really nice but the big plus factor is the Parade leather,you have chosen well young Padawan....lol.
One thing, my son had a A5 Coupe as a 6 month demo car..it had a lot of the Orange PEEL effect on the rear/back wings...it was really difficult aswell to notice that it was a metallic colour....hows the paint on your beasty?[/QUHaHa ....

The force is strong in you LMAO!!! Yes the paint is pretty good to be fair ....little to no swirls in the paint. Will have a proper inspection tomorrow when I give it its first clean and apply some EXOV2 !!!

Expect lots of pics of the progress !!

What's this Orange peel all about then???

The dimply paint work that looks like the skin on an orange.

Reactions: David83S3
I have edited the crap out of all these pictures ......so colour will be off on all of em ;-)

The dimply paint work that looks like the skin on an orange.
Aha!!! I see it now .......i actually noticed that before but didnt think anything of it .....(I was looking for something Orange lol)

Doesnt bother me to be honest ;-)

When the car is painted, it's incorrect spray gun set up, normally caused by rushing the spray and or the quick evaporation of the thinner. I wouldn't worry though. 95% of cars have it and it's only really OCD clean freaks that notice it. Nothing bad will come of it

When the car is painted, it's incorrect spray gun set up, normally caused by rushing the spray and or the quick evaporation of the thinner. I wouldn't worry though. 95% of cars have it and it's only really OCD clean freaks that notice it. Nothing bad will come of it
I thought as much ......and yeah the horrors of an OCD detailer !! I knew i would find stuff today and i did. Thought my paint was swirl free ....it is not .....but it isnt bad ....so i will try and keep it that way. Might get a DA and work them out after 12 months or so. As you can see from the pics .....from a normal viewing distance it looks immaculate so thats good enough for me. I am intrigued to see the results of this Gtechniq EXOV2 that I applied today .......have to say i prefer the application of Wax ...but thats probably cuz its what im used to. Expecting big results from this stuff !!!

I thought as much ......and yeah the horrors of an OCD detailer !! I knew i would find stuff today and i did. Thought my paint was swirl free ....it is not .....but it isnt bad ....so i will try and keep it that way. Might get a DA and work them out after 12 months or so. As you can see from the pics .....from a normal viewing distance it looks immaculate so thats good enough for me. I am intrigued to see the results of this Gtechniq EXOV2 that I applied today .......have to say i prefer the application of Wax ...but thats probably cuz its what im used to. Expecting big results from this stuff !!!

David don't worry about it there is nothing wrong with your paint, it's in way better shape than 90% of other manufacturers. Just how it is now adays.