Post Pics Of Your 8V RS3's In Here

Yes standard finish is silver, so any other finish is a cost option.

8.5" wide, ET 47 with 3mm hub-cntric spacers. Result is as you see in the pics.

Plenty of places to get them, I do not live in the UK so not much point in telling you where I bought mine, unless you want unnecessary shipment costs ;)

Search for HRE in Google and find/barter for best price...

Thanks again! Yeah, I'm in Sweden and there's no reputable reseller that I can find locally, so thinking of ordering from the U.S. Tarmac black is no-cost along with silver, I like Ipa as well though...

Reactions: Ozmosis
97C633F1 9C9A 48E8 BF14 E5B14B9799A4

Reactions: Alex C, drgav2005, Evotion and 10 others
Loving that!

Reactions: FBF01 and 5pot
Finally managed to give mine the prep today.

Attachments

• aa1.jpg
    aa1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 600
Reactions: SPIKE_
I picked the car up with no dealer prep and today is the first chance I have had to really go over it. Full credit to Audi there is not a mark or swirl on the paint. The only slightly poor finish is on the o/s of the spoiler - the gloss finish clearly takes some wear from the shipping boot I imagine - minor enough to hand polish if needs be.

I am massively impressed. Far better than the new BMWs I have picked up in the past with all of the orange peel and that ********.

Reactions: drgav2005, DW81, Jonny B and 1 other person
Finally managed to give mine the prep today.
Jeez Diesel that looks clean . Really nice . Put another 200 miles on mine up to 800 determined not to clean it till 1000. Can I pop it round to you post that , that’s a good job....

Big coat of Tardis & rinse. Iron X and rinse (although hardly any purple surprisingly) and a 2 bucket wash. Nice way to spend to morning.

After I took the pic I went back and applied a coat of Sonus SFX 4 which seals everything. Looks even better now.

What is great in the sun is the reflection in the mica in the paint - absolutely stunning close up. Not sure you could capture it in a photo.

Reactions: DW81 and Jonny B
Will you ceramic coat it evil diesel or are you a carnuba wax user? Car looks great by the way mate.

Cheers mate. I am not convinced by ceramics as they wear unevenly, become porus and generally become a pain in the ar5e as time goes by. I really like the SFX4 by Sonus - blend on 2 coats over 2 days if you can and it becomes dirt proof. Did mine today with a hand applicator rather than the DA as the car was outside but was a pleasure to apply.

Cheers for that mate. I am a ceramic guy, coated my TTS with cqautz U.K. after a two day correction and polishing detail on it. Came up a treat on the phantom black crystal pearl colour, and was a joy to wash two bucket method afterwards. Wheels were coated with G-Techniq c5 which to me is a must do to keep the wheels easier to clean. I don’t know about you but I live in a hard water area so invested in a race glaze 0 ppm filter and meant the car dried with no water marks especially being black so again a must have for me. Will be giving my car a detail in the spring now but will try g techniq CSL and exo v3.

Edit. Just read this back f... me I’m a complete nerd:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: need to get back on tinder.

Reactions: 1future, Callump01 and zaka7
My 8P was Phantom Black but was (is as the Mrs is going to retain it) not too bad to look after. The Audi paints are really hard and easy to maintain. I did after some defects in the 8P a year ago with a Mernerza Diamond cut polish on a cutting pad for a good half hour with a DA rig and managed a virtual zero result.

Hard as nails.

My 8P was Phantom Black but was (is as the Mrs is going to retain it) not too bad to look after. The Audi paints are really hard and easy to maintain. I did after some defects in the 8P a year ago with a Mernerza Diamond cut polish on a cutting pad for a good half hour with a DA rig and managed a virtual zero result.

Hard as nails.
I’m glad you said that mate as it took me forever to do the cutting stage. Multiple hits over each panel but my god when it was done my love for black cars was restored again. Looked sensational.

Reactions: Evil Diesel
I used to love the old 8P Phantom Black , was disappointed when the Mythos replaced it at first but it's actually a cracking colour and very practical/

Have just put my 16 plate on Piston Heads for sale if anyone is interested.

Week old tomorrow.
I personally think its a massive move on from my old 2014 S3....

Attachments

• YPQXnabdQIG82j5VdpbuoA.jpg
    YPQXnabdQIG82j5VdpbuoA.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 592
Reactions: dno_uk, skibuddy and Terminator x
126286C0 18B8 4431 B2F0 504F1A476002
Decided on this to replace my Dynamik.... after much deliberation ..... but #WOW ⚡

Reactions: UV-RS3, dno_uk, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Here we go :)

Attachments

• Kara.jpg
    Kara.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 503
Reactions: fivespice and Howdy
Hi all.. I'm new to the forum.. I've had various Audi RS models over the last 20 years - Here's the my current RS3 which I've had for around 8 months. Love it! Cheers, J.

Attachments

• 20180427_140841_preview.jpeg
    20180427_140841_preview.jpeg
    790 KB · Views: 421
Reactions: Terminator x, Marshy, Spaceman_RS3 and 2 others
This made me smile so I had to post it. Classic!
n7jff22zpjk01.jpg

Reactions: illingworth22, Alex C, Scotty75 and 14 others
Took the RS3 to a local meet, a couple of stolen pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: seanick, Alex C, Scotty75 and 12 others
Pretty sure that's the best looking RS3 on here. Awesome colour and the wheels work a treat with it.

Reactions: UV-RS3
7F6AE023 D80F 4437 8209 65D9633EA49F

Reactions: unitzero, Spaceman_RS3, Terminator x and 2 others
IMG 0828 min
IMG 0827 min

After full Xpel PPF treatment.

Reactions: Scotty75, S3LOK, SPIKE_ and 5 others
^^^^^Looks fantastic, can't wait for mine now. Went stage 21 today.

It's all about that purple one above. Good choice.

I went for grey.

Attachments

• RS3.jpg
    RS3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 372
Reactions: SPIKE_, oli356, UV-RS3 and 1 other person
Few shots of Gretchen’s new summer look. Had a matte (professional) plastidip done over the factory Daytona grey to give it a frozen look. Also added some 3 piece forged HREs in 19x9.5 ET41. They came off a b8 S4, which coincidentally was absolute perfect fitment.

280e9820f2c2608bfe4d1ca996171421.jpg
1ea2bf28c1ec1853033778685f58d825.jpg
ac59d4c9a3411b73f3bd9e9008156be5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paul Golding, Alex C, Scotty75 and 4 others
Few shots of Gretchen’s new summer look. Had a matte (professional) plastidip done over the factory Daytona grey to give it a frozen look. Also added some 3 piece forged HREs in 19x9.5 ET41. They came off a b8 S4, which coincidentally was absolute perfect fitment.

280e9820f2c2608bfe4d1ca996171421.jpg
1ea2bf28c1ec1853033778685f58d825.jpg
ac59d4c9a3411b73f3bd9e9008156be5.jpg

Plastidip, is that some kind of clear wrap?

Looks great by the way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Plastidip, is that some kind of clear wrap?

Looks great by the way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks! It is indeed a liquid coating and offers a few benefits over a traditional wrap.

1) significantly cheaper than a wrap or xpel stealth by a huge margin.

2) more color options. While mine is just a matte clear coat there are tons of plastidip options from clears to crazy color shifting pearls.

https://jalopnik.com/this-removable-paint-is-like-plasti-dip-but-all-grown-u-1783482823

I’ve had a play with plastidip before and it’s pretty odd stuff... cool to use though! Our car looks nice there mate :icon thumright:

What spoiler is it you’ve got?

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I’ve had a play with plastidip before and it’s pretty odd stuff... cool to use though! Our car looks nice there mate :icon thumright:

What spoiler is it you’ve got?

Thanks! This is actually just the OEM Audi CF spoiler for the A3/S3/RS3. It is a quality piece of work. Dry carbon, no fiberglass filler.

7f5f55e213d81c4685b48ba98c258693.jpg
b1318a36c8f1412b7ab96a7f999dce91.jpg

Reactions: Callum66, Phil3 and Spaceman_RS3
Very nice! Is it available from any dealer? How much is it direct from Audi? Or are there other supplies with them too?

Germany here ;)
IMG 20180421 1739097

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, BarryG79, SPIKE_ and 1 other person