Post Office selling new iPhone 5 already????????

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
.....nope. Just a normal day in a London post office.

So... just now walked into the post office near to where I work as I wanted to send a small parcel.
I went up to the machine where you get a ticket giving you your number in the queue, and this is what came out.........

po3u.jpg

Looked up, saw zillions of people.... and walked straight back out again.

.....nope. Just a normal day in a London post office.

So... just now walked into the post office near to where I work as I wanted to send a small parcel.
I went up to the machine where you get a ticket giving you your number in the queue, and this is what came out.........

po3u.jpg

Looked up, saw zillions of people.... and walked straight back out again.

LOL, thanks for sharing dude.... :thumbsup:

Ok, a little bit of an update for those who are interested... (Welly, I think that's you mate)...

Decided to take my parcel to another, smaller, post office that a colleague told me was in the other direction.
Walked down there and just as my workmate said, there it was. As I approached it I started having a look at my phone, walked the final few meters and opened the post office door and walked in.
The queue had about 10 people in it, so better than the 57 in the other post office.

After queuing for about 10 minutes I was next in line. At that moment I had a Usual Suspects type moment...

I started looking around the room and noticing various bits of information that didn't make sense. First I saw an advert for the Barclays Premier League. Then I noticed that the colour scheme was blue rather than the red of the royal mail you'd expect. Then I saw what looked like cash deposit slips. Then I saw the words "Barclays" plastered everywhere.

Took me another second or two, and then the panic set in and I realised...............

I was in BARCLAYS BANK!!! :faint:

It's next door to the post office so as I was engrossed in my phone I must've wandered in there by mistake.

I was 10 seconds away from it being my turn at the counter, and being seriously embarrassed with the sentence:

"Errmm, I'm sorry sir, this is a bank."

:undwech:

Ok, a little bit of an update for those who are interested... (Welly, I think that's you mate)...

Decided to take my parcel to another, smaller, post office that a colleague told me was in the other direction.
Walked down there and just as my workmate said, there it was. As I approached it I started having a look at my phone, walked the final few meters and opened the post office door and walked in.
The queue had about 10 people in it, so better than the 57 in the other post office.

After queuing for about 10 minutes I was next in line. At that moment I had a Usual Suspects type moment...

I started looking around the room and noticing various bits of information that didn't make sense. First I saw an advert for the Barclays Premier League. Then I noticed that the colour scheme was blue rather than the red of the royal mail you'd expect. Then I saw what looked like cash deposit slips. Then I saw the words "Barclays" plastered everywhere.

Took me another second or two, and then the panic set in and I realised...............

I was in BARCLAYS BANK!!! :faint:

It's next door to the post office so as I was engrossed in my phone I must've wandered in there by mistake.

I was 10 seconds away from it being my turn at the counter, and being seriously embarrassed with the sentence:

"Errmm, I'm sorry sir, this is a bank."

:undwech:

Ha ha ha, thats excellent.

I can't judge too harshly to be fair, I accidentally walked into the GUM clinic at Gloucester Royal Hospital once having mistaken it for the Outpatients Dept - whilst doing the exact same as you - looking at my sodding phone.

Whoops...

Fortunately, I got the feck out of there sharpish, I ca only imagine what would have happened had I been seen in there... My missus would not have been impressed. :scared2:

Ha ha ha, thats excellent.

I can't judge too harshly to be fair, I accidentally walked into the GUM clinic at Gloucester Royal Hospital once having mistaken it for the Outpatients Dept - whilst doing the exact same as you - looking at my sodding phone.

Whoops...

Fortunately, I got the feck out of there sharpish, I ca only imagine what would have happened had I been seen in there... My missus would not have been impressed. :scared2:

GUM clinic??? What's one of those?? Never heard of it. :whistle2:

:happy:

Phones should be banned!

Phones should be banned!

Yeah, I agree. All they do is allow people to bug the life out of you at any time, anywhere.

Its getting worse and worse as well, as smart phones are coming in.

Back in the good old days, people could just call and text.

My last phone had both my work's email and my own 3 mail accounts as well as call and text.

My new Android has call, text, personal email, work email, MSN, WhatsApp, Video calling etc etc etc.

Arrrrrrgh.

Hmm, they piloted this great new idea :think: for the post office in Reading - it came in about 18 months ago.

By asking what service you want when you walk in Post office can prioritise customers who are after services for which they either make handsome commission, or have high street competition - e.g. Passport Applications or Foreign Exchange.

If you are just someone who wants to use a post office as a post office - where of course you have no choice (unless you can be bothered to try another branch) - then you are put to the back of the queue with the 56 other individuals with better things to do with their lives.

Story about Barclays was funny, though

5 days standby i only get 1 day! on both mine!!!!!!!!:huh:
one works phone other my own by the way

You can stuff your multimedia phones, my Nokia N95 is where's it's at, text message and call, and most importantly, 5 days standby.

even with ur n95 u can have multiple email accounts and msn etc lol