Possible xenon headlamp group buy??

I wasn't able to get involved in the original group buy but after seeing how good they are I had to order a set

Can't wait to be able to actually see where I'm going at night Haha

Steve

With 500 horses you definitely want to be able to see where your goin ha.

Reactions: S3 Hilife
YOU will not be sorry. Great lights and look the business. Had mine with gloss black and grey. Gives the front end bit meaner look and blue/white rather than yellow/white light.

1st class service from T8ups.

YOU will not be sorry. Great lights and look the business. Had mine with gloss black and grey. Gives the front end bit meaner look and blue/white rather than yellow/white

Some good comparison shots you posted earlier

I bet night time driving is much better now

Steve

There at the top of the headlight little white screwdriver points one for sidelight and one for dipped beam similar to these

Attachments

• IMG_1039.PNG
    IMG_1039.PNG
    635.1 KB · Views: 215
Reactions: IPG
Hi guys,

I've just caught up on this thread having been offline for some time. Looks like a brilliant result for the kits Trups has made. I'd love to replace my faded, floppy units with a set of these. I'm getting tired of straining my eyes to see in the dark on open roads! ;-)

Any chance I can get in with one of your deals, @t8ups?

Thanks,

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Tom.

THE GB is over an the prices there I cant do them, I can do them but its slightly more as I can get a deal on the housings when only buying 1 set at a time now, before when I did it I was able to. i will send you a PM now.

I have enough brackets to make 3 more sets after this week once I have sent out @S3 Hilife set then there is a 1 month wait on brackets.

Trups

Reactions: mac79
Used the car for 1st time since fitting T8ups headlights. What can i say..... massive difference when compared to existing OEM xenons. Much better light and spread, great colour and easy on the eyes and not harsh at all. Loving the bi-xenon flash, given a older car a bit of a modern feature.

I do a fair bit of cross country driving in rural wales so the extra light has been brilliant.

Great service from T8ups and deserves a round of applause.:salute:

Reactions: Sandra, AGB-S3, t8ups and 1 other person
6000k and very happy with them. White blue rather than blue white if that makes sense.

ok i think that's what i got...

good to hear that their light output still outperforms the stock ones as i know the higher K you go the less spread of the light

First use in the dark was midnight , Douglas IOM , for the manx rally , excellent drive to port-erin , no lights , sunken roads , found the cut from light to dark on dipped beam was ok to 70 ish after that main beam took away the 'i wonder whats ahead' thoughts .. Been running mine over the past weeks on the run back home after work, dusk to now full dark , 10 miles unlit A/B roads , then 10 miles unlit M53 , went for the middle temp zeon and matching temp outer spot lamps , but , the zeon's are so bright, the outer spots really make no difference , yet to see another car with the same amount of light :)
G,

Reactions: t8ups

Hey Trups came home from work today with a package waiting for me.

Thank you so much for the lights, patience and service. I cannot wait to get these in!!! Might do a bit of a guide in my thread...

So. Now the question is...

How do these plug in?? Haha I'm looking at them thinking. ... ummmmmm??

I'm guessing the bit with the grommet plugs into the back of the Xenons. And I gotta switch my electric adjuster in for the "static" thing that's on there at the moment.

Where did peeps mount the ballasts? And how? As I know the stock ones kind of have a holder but these look too thin to sit in that unit.

Sucks that I don't have a jack or proper tools to be able to do this until February though :sob:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
Hi Tom.

THE GB is over an the prices there I cant do them, I can do them but its slightly more as I can get a deal on the housings when only buying 1 set at a time now, before when I did it I was able to. i will send you a PM now.

I have enough brackets to make 3 more sets after this week once I have sent out @S3 Hilife set then there is a 1 month wait on brackets.

Trups

Dont forget me too mate!! I want a set!

Hey Trups came home from work today with a package waiting for me.

Thank you so much for the lights, patience and service. I cannot wait to get these in!!! Might do a bit of a guide in my thread...

So. Now the question is...

How do these plug in?? Haha I'm looking at them thinking. ... ummmmmm??

I'm guessing the bit with the grommet plugs into the back of the Xenons. And I gotta switch my electric adjuster in for the "static" thing that's on there at the moment.

Where did peeps mount the ballasts? And how? As I know the stock ones kind of have a holder but these look too thin to sit in that unit.

Sucks that I don't have a jack or proper tools to be able to do this until February though :sob:

Ballast goes where standard one does but put a wedge in there as well so it don't fall out. You done need a jack to do it just a fe hex heads and a screwdriver

Morning all,

A quick update - I popped up from Surrey to meet Trups yesterday and he diligently put together and fitted my new headlamps in a couple of (short) hours. Very impressed with his skills and courtesy. The journey home in late afternoon overcast, then dusk, then darkness was 100% more enjoyable with the new lights. I went for OEM look, or as close to it as possible. The width of the beams, clarity and brightness are electrifying compared to the original units, both of which were fogged, plus one's internal motor adjuster mount had snapped, making the lenses flop forward.

Anyway... can't wait to make my journey to the countryside for Christmas on Friday! Here's a couple of quick before/after shots...

c67ffade5a6e9bebea3a5f24d3491399.jpg
1ec2575bf0b0d2fea624b104e69629e4.jpg
be6391879e360afc37971c10d73bfad4.jpg

Ballast goes where standard one does but put a wedge in there as well so it don't fall out. You done need a jack to do it just a fe hex heads and a screwdriver
i lost my 1/4" extension and i know i need them to get the hidden T30's in the wing - so i think i will try tackle mine tomorrow

hehehe

can't wait !!!

Morning all,

A quick update - I popped up from Surrey to meet Trups yesterday and he diligently put together and fitted my new headlamps in a couple of (short) hours. Very impressed with his skills and courtesy. The journey home in late afternoon overcast, then dusk, then darkness was 100% more enjoyable with the new lights. I went for OEM look, or as close to it as possible. The width of the beams, clarity and brightness are electrifying compared to the original units, both of which were fogged, plus one's internal motor adjuster mount had snapped, making the lenses flop forward.

Anyway... can't wait to make my journey to the countryside for Christmas on Friday! Here's a couple of quick before/after shots...

c67ffade5a6e9bebea3a5f24d3491399.jpg
1ec2575bf0b0d2fea624b104e69629e4.jpg
be6391879e360afc37971c10d73bfad4.jpg

look at that "after" shot! crystal clear lenses
looks friggin good!

so the only way i know how to do this is bumper off... can it be done without having to take the bumper off?

i lost my 1/4" extension and i know i need them to get the hidden T30's in the wing - so i think i will try tackle mine tomorrow

hehehe

can't wait !!!

look at that "after" shot! crystal clear lenses
looks friggin good!

so the only way i know how to do this is bumper off... can it be done without having to take the bumper off?

It's better to try and remove the bumper to prevent damage. We couldn't remove all the bottom mounting point screws from my new undertray yesterday, but with all the side and top ones removed we had just enough leeway to pull the bumper forward and downward (gently) to manoeuvre the light units and ballasts in and out neatly and safely. We transferred and used my OEM ballasts as they're still in good working order.

and i'm guessing your auto headlight adjusters too?

Yes, although one of the motors didn't appear to be working. We removed it again, opened it up and checked the connectors and the gears, put it back and it seemed to work! :)

Had some doubt when the units where fitted as to fitting new motors at the same time ... Its turned out the headlamp adjuster motors , where actually working , with the car parked, its about 180 feet to a brick wall , at 90 deg to the beam path . Seems the lights set themselves to a fixed level, then when switched 'on' the top of the dipped pattern lowers about 3 bricks ... not tried loading the rear yet , the hard springs need a little persuasion to compress .... whats the movement , round 30 seconds of arc ? not much to see !

G,

Has anyone got any pictures during the day of the black units and grey units fitted to their car? A few angles to give us an idea on what they look like would be ideal. Thanks

If i get a chance i'll take a few pictures of my gloss black and grey lights as done by t8ups and post up

Thanks bud. I like the look of them off the car without a doubt, but without seeing them on cars with different colours, its always difficult to judge!

@t8ups

*round of applause*

these look frikkin' amazing! Both aesthetically and functionally! I can SEE way clearer near, far and to either side. When pulling up to the car in front the defined line of the xenon's really show the clarity!

Pics to come soon (got too dark after putting X-mas decorations up) but they make my front end look meaner than ever with the full blackout!

0c06756b9cfd2084d8c5f4f7eae680e0.jpg

Quick shot after parking up on the way to work this morning - wet but still clear and shiny!

very difficult to get these because of reflections - even when using a polariser

How to install @t8ups headlights guide in my thread (link in signature)

ye olde stock lights (plus about 2.5 weeks crap on the car)
P1310652

and about 1.5 hours later

P1310682

P1310675

P1310706

P1310713

Last edited:
Reactions: feck_on_a_stick and t8ups
Sorry about bad quality, taken in dusty environment

Attachments

• S3 T8ups Headlights1.jpg
    S3 T8ups Headlights1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 205
  • S3 T8ups Headlights.jpg
    S3 T8ups Headlights.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 194
So I've adjusted mine to point lower. Just waiting on feedback from Trups to confirm they're ok

I tried the basic settings test usin VCDS and looks like my auto adjusters are bust? I hear them whirring when it says "Lowering/raising lights" but no movement...

Also. For shits and giggles I did slo mo with the iPhone.

So I've adjusted mine to point lower. Just waiting on feedback from Trups to confirm they're ok

I tried the basic settings test usin VCDS and looks like my auto adjusters are bust? I hear them whirring when it says "Lowering/raising lights" but no movement...

Also. For shits and giggles I did slo mo with the iPhone.

Mine only move 30 seconds of arc , ie 0.5 degree , not visible , beam moves about 10 inch vertical at 150 ft range

So it doesn't really move??? I don't get what arc and beam mean?

? Arc = part of a circle , Beam , Beam-pattern , the shape the light makes , the lamp moves , but only a very small amount .. so over a 150 foot distance , vertical deflection is about 10 inches , ie , 0.5 degree

Thanks for the definitions lol

I'll test it out again at a larger distance. I was only about 7 m away from the garage wall

? Arc = part of a circle , Beam , Beam-pattern , the shape the light makes , the lamp moves , but only a very small amount .. so over a 150 foot distance , vertical deflection is about 10 inches , ie , 0.5 degree

Thanks for the definitions lol

I'll test it out again at a larger distance. I was only about 7 m away from the garage wall

Probably never do the test with the original lamp assy, the top cut off of these projectors is exceptionally sharp/defined , even at 150 ft its only a few inches , white to black ...