Possible xenon headlamp group buy??

Yeah car on switch lights on and you should see/hear them move
Is it meant to happen every time you turn them on?

Like this yeah?

I've only really heard them move when I've left the battery unplugged for a while.

Are they identical on both sides???

Last edited:
Do you get any fault codes for the sensors in the front and back wheel arch mine did move when they weren't connected

I don't think so only one part number listed for this part so should be able to use both sides

Reactions: IPG
Speaking of headlight levelling.

How difficult would it be to retrofit?
I understand you need some sensors in the rear axle and wire it up ...to some where?

Last edited:
There a sensor on passenger front passenger arch rear arch control unit on rear axle aswell how many wires to each I don't know

Reactions: Cleotra
Have you not got xenons ATM?

Not by factory.

I've successfully retrofitted FXR 3.0

Added headlight washing system but missing the levelling system and don't really know how to add it.

Last edited:
1st set done and fitted for @AGB-S3

This is the finished item, look OEM and untouched.

Before output of the OEM Xenons

New Xenons Low beam

New Xenon High beam - this is the projector and my Ice white bulbs

There a sensor on passenger front passenger arch rear arch control unit on rear axle aswell how many wires to each I don't know

I'm guessing the modules would connect to the fuses on the drivers side which would then connect to the ECU loom.

Someone with a Bentley/ELSA may be able to find the wiring schematic?

Fitted mine today big difference

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 233
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    776.6 KB · Views: 232
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    840.1 KB · Views: 233
The difference on the look of the old tired headlights to the new one's really is night and day!! :)

Mine are being fitted tomorrow, did you have any issues or any tips you can share?

I wasn't sure where the new ballast went as I couldn't even see where the old one is located!!

The old ballast sits under the head lights and is twice the size of the new one so it just moves freely in the bracket so I packed it out with some 20mm polystyrene to stop it rattling
No issues really was just working it out as I went along hardest part was getting to the bottom bolt on the head light took me 3hours from start to finish and I've never took a bumper off or changed headlights in my life

Reactions: IPG and millsy75
Hey Tj good work!!! possible to take a video of the startup and how the auto adjusters move???

Thanks for the info and well done. I would be very pleased with myself if I had it all done in 3 hours for a first attempt.

Yeah I spent half hour looking for drill bit holders for my hex bit I had 4 of them added together because my Allen key wasn't long enough ha

Is it really obvious the headlights moving TJ?

I bought new motors for mine. Had the car 4 years now and they haven't ever worked so I didn't realise they weren't working as I never relaised what they were supposed to do!!

No it's doesn't move drastically but it all depends if I a fully loaded boot then it will move a bit more . Usually just hear the motors moving move than you see they move

Thanks TJ :)

Iv the Koni coil-over [odd name as there standard small diameter rising rate springs] suspension kit fitter , height just under 1 inch lowered , boot full of luggage , 4 people in the car and the dipped beams where in the right place , so I assume the leveling system works ..

After Tupes fitted the set , had the set checked back at the mot station , verdict , spot-on [ oh ,and something about being jolly bright ] nicely set up

Excellent upgrade, first real test was the drive from Douglas to Port Erin , 23:30 on the manx un-lit uber-bumppy back roads , dipped was sufficient for most things , main beam illumination was as good as the night stage rally cars and better than some !

G, )

Reactions: stevie e

Drive out from tholt y will IOM

G,

Reactions: IPG
Ye olde English roads are so narrow!!!

Lights look like they do a brilliant job though! Look forward to mine arriving.

Ye olde English roads are so narrow!!!

Lights look like they do a brilliant job though! Look forward to mine arriving.

lol Well Ye old MANX [ isle of man is sort of separate ..hence no speed limit ] roads , to be more precise . notice 100% black in the distance , middle of the Irish sea ... suspension pack working nicely , two people in the car .. that was part of the special stage , on the way back to the main road ..

That's the 5.5 k zeon and 100 w 5.5 halogens , but to be honest , the halogens are magnitudes lower

G,

That was one of the night stages , driving back , out of the stage, the wrong way , looking closely round time 00:18 , seems to be some 'new' markings on the road :)

So.

Sets 12, 13 and 14 done.

Steve, Ian and Sam G these are your sets. the UK ones will be with you Friday, Ians a little longer.

My Fav are the All black ones I have done with gloss and Matt, 2 sets of them went out in this GB.

if anyone missed out on this I have the brackets in stock if you fancy converting a set. I plan to not touch an 8L headlight for at least a month now as I need a break from them lol.

Trups

Reactions: IPG and stevie e
i like the all black ones with the s3 logo, will the logo stand out when the lights are on?

Reactions: IPG and t8ups
yaaaassss!

They look amazing Trups! Can't wait to fit them - should go nice with the gloss black lower trim i've got on there at the moment :D

Glad you swayed me to go all black! lol

Reactions: t8ups and stevie e
fitted mine today

Some picture as comparison between BMW F21 with Philips Extreme Vision H7 Halogen Bulbs and 2003 Audi S3 with T8ups headlight conversion

Both cars level with each other with BMW on left and Audi on right

BMW ONLY

Audi ONLY

HIGH BEAM ON BOTH

Reactions: t8ups
Very happy with headlights, possible need to check alignment as drivers side is pointing a little low in comparison.

They make a huge difference to the original ones don't they. I had to adjust both of mine. I think t8ups said that they shouldn't be above a car wingmirrors 20ft in front

I wasn't able to get involved in the original group buy but after seeing how good they are I had to order a set

Can't wait to be able to actually see where I'm going at night Haha

Steve

Reactions: t8ups