Trim 2 – Gloss Black £20
Trim 3 – Standard
Lens – UV Clearcoat £20
Bulb options - 5500k
Ice white high beams - NO
LED sidelights – YES £8
Chrome amber indicator bulbs - NO

Reactions: t8ups
but then having the reflective surface sprayed the same colour as the trims 1 & 2 would be even less light reflection, correct?

Trim 1 and 2 are exactly just internal 'Trims'. Serve no purposes to the reflection of the main beam.

The reflector bowl that the H7 bulb sits into reflects the light output

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

What he said :)

<tuffty/>

Trim 1 and 2 are exactly just internal 'Trims'. Serve no purposes to the reflection of the main beam.

The reflector bowl that the H7 bulb sits into reflects the light output

yeah that's what i meant - been a long day, brain is fried

but then what @t8ups is saying: because of the bi-xenon you will still get long distance/hi-beam lighting/flash to pass anyway... kind of making the H7's obsolete

anyway i'm thinking the reflective tint may be a good compromise between function and style - most my driving is city/burbs which is mostly well lit

yeah that's what i meant - been a long day, brain is fried

but then what @t8ups is saying: because of the bi-xenon you will still get long distance/hi-beam lighting/flash to pass anyway... kind of making the H7's obsolete

anyway i'm thinking the reflective tint may be a good compromise between function and style - most my driving is city/burbs which is mostly well lit
The H7 main beam isn't obsolete when the Xenons are off unless you drive continuously with them on.

THe Bi xenon from the projector will only work if the headlights are on, so in the daytime if you flash someone and the headlights are on then only the H7 will ignite, at night time on the dark lane when you have your dipped beam on and then do your high beam your H7 will turn on and then the shutter in the projector will drop raising the xenon beam.

The H7 main beam isn't obsolete when the Xenons are off unless you drive continuously with them on.

You beat me to it Mark.

If you want to run extra Looms etc I can sort this if you wanted them to be full bi xenon function but id have to work out whats required, for the extra work will it be worth it? if you want a full custom setup then yes or you want to run a LED in there as a DRL then yes but that's it really.

How does the error system work on these? if a Dipped beam or high beam bulb goes out are you getting a warning?

Trups

You beat me to it Mark.

If you want to run extra Looms etc I can sort this if you wanted them to be full bi xenon function but id have to work out whats required, for the extra work will it be worth it? if you want a full custom setup then yes or you want to run a LED in there as a DRL then yes but that's it really.

How does the error system work on these? if a Dipped beam or high beam bulb goes out are you getting a warning?

Trups
No warning triangle

You beat me to it Mark.

Trups

I have done on mine... this is when I came to you for ballasts :)

I'd get a bulb warning when the ballast failed to keep the bulb lit... didn't get one for the sidelight and not had a main beam H7 go yet so can't answer that

<tuffty/>

Il have mine no paint
6500k. Bulbs
Ice white high beams - £12
LED sidelights - £8
Chrome amber indicator bulbs - £5.

is it to late to get in on this?

1. Erikn89nl LHD - EU postage
2. shaunevo6 - DEPOSIT PAID*
3. s3 cyp - DEPOSIT PAID*
4. millsy75 - DEPOSIT PAID*
5. Dan Sheeran (email) - DEPOSIT PAID*
6. Superkarl - DEPOSIT PAID*
7. crispynz1 NZ postage - DEPOSIT PAID
8. tj 0785 - DEPOSIT PAID*
9. Stevie e - DEPOSIT PAID
10. IanPG oz postage - DEPOSIT PAID*
11. k7aus - DEPOSIT PAID*
12. Grundy - DEPOSIT PAID*
13. AGB-S3 - DEPOSIT PAID*

This is the most upto date order list as of today Guys.

we have hit the 10 so the price at £399 is locked for you all.

Erik and Karl will have there deposits to me in the next day so all good.

Those that have a Star next to there line have sent me an address so I have an Order form for you printed, if you are still unsure of what add on's/extras you are having that fine, if you can send me postal details so I can get the order form printed and then once decided I can then add the parts on.

Trups

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra and shaunevo6
God , I'm number 13 , I can hear bit dropping off as I type :)

Reactions: Sandra
1. Erikn89nl LHD - DEPOSIT PAID*
7. crispynz1 NZ postage - DEPOSIT PAID*
9. Stevie e - DEPOSIT PAID*

1. Erikn89nl LHD - DEPOSIT PAID*
7. crispynz1 NZ postage - DEPOSIT PAID*
9. Stevie e - DEPOSIT PAID*

strong group buy

Reactions: Sandra and t8ups
Trim insides reached the USA so the cad work is starting on the brackets, il see if he will do some build pictures of it all for me.

Trups

Reactions: stevie e, Sandra and millsy75
Sorry for lack of updates.

I will have some time tomo so will get all my bulb knowledge down for you guys to have a chew on to see how you want your new lights to perform.

Reactions: el-diablo675, crispynz1, IPG and 1 other person
Hi.

Sorry guys.

4300k - OEM colour which with a good bulb will produce 3400Lumens. Good for all weather driving due to the to how warm they are and produce the most Lumens.

5500k - This is a pure white, its not warm nor cool, you will get 3300lumens and I would say this is good if you still want the best of both worlds which is town and country road driving.

6500k - Coolest, white with the slightest shade a blue hue, this is like a Day white when on unlit country road, if you do a lot of night driving on dark unlit roads then this is the one to go for, on low beam and dipped this will produce a nice clear light, for town driving when dusky or damp this colour bulb will look like they are not switched on. These produce approx. 3200lumens.

My own car has 6500k, reason is I live in the middle of no where now so its better on the eyes, a lot of the newer cars are LED and the kelvin rating is 6250.

any questions then please ask.

Trups

Hey trups I think I would like to do

Trim 1 - gloss black
Trim 2 - gloss black
Trim 3 - gloss black (but reflectors kept original - checked out a couple of pics and like the look of floating lights in the housing)
Lens - UV coat
Bulb - 6500k

T8ups

Can i change to 6500k bulbs?? So for me:
Trim 1 – Gloss Black £15
Trim 2 – Gloss Black £20
Trim 3 – Standard
Lens – UV Clearcoat £20
Bulb options - 6500k
Ice white high beams - NO
LED sidelights – YES £8
Chrome amber indicator bulbs - NO

Hi Trups,

thanks for the bulb info. Am I correct in thinking the 6500K which you have will give the more "modern" look compared to the other bulbs?

Will the light output from 3400 to 3200 lumens be a minimal difference. Will the car pass MOT ok? The blue hue isn't too dramatic?

As you can tell I have never delved into aftermarket bulbs previously (apart from your LED kits!!).

Thanks.

Reactions: IPG
Am I correct in thinking that 4300K is most suitable for town/motorway driving?

Reactions: millsy75
I can change order sheets.

Millsy, tbf you won't notice the 200lumen drop, as your oem lights are crap going this way will be a massive improvement. The blue hue is very very minimal, not noticeable and will be more of a colour of the newer cars fitted with LED headlights. They will pass a uk mot still.

Erik. 4300k will be best for all area's, this is what all cars have from the factory. It is a very warm white tho so has more yellow than clear white, go for 5500k, you get the whiteness and performance. Still looks factory too.

Trups

Any news on when the brackets will be ready and back in the UK Trups?

Hi bud.

I spoke to him today, over the weekend I will have some pictures of them, then once I have confirmed they are good they will go to the lazer cutters so will keep you updated.

Nearly there with it all now, can't wait to get started on them.

Trups

Hi bud.

I spoke to him today, over the weekend I will have some pictures of them, then once I have confirmed they are good they will go to the lazer cutters so will keep you updated.

Nearly there with it all now, can't wait to get started on them.

Trups
Any news?!

Reactions: Alex C
Got the picture of the prototype bracket, will upload tomo when at my laptop.

Waiting on the laser cutters to give a date. I'm delayed on building these guys, I wanted to start last week but the brackets took longer than expected so I'm going to be working overtime in August as all sets need to be gone by the end of August as I need to prepare for my winter months and the building of lights slow down.

Will also have some rhd output shots of the morimoto mini h1 7.0 projectors later in the week too :)

Reactions: IPG
Got the picture of the prototype bracket, will upload tomo when at my laptop.

Waiting on the laser cutters to give a date. I'm delayed on building these guys, I wanted to start last week but the brackets took longer than expected so I'm going to be working overtime in August as all sets need to be gone by the end of August as I need to prepare for my winter months and the building of lights slow down.

Will also have some rhd output shots of the morimoto mini h1 7.0 projectors later in the week too :)

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!!!

Look forward to seeing updates

Reactions: shaunevo6
Got pictures of the brakets and fitment, will get uploaded over the weekend, output shots Monday of the new projectors as ups didn't arrive today :(

So here are the pictures of the brackets, the projectors that come in these headlights are poop, they really are, they are made to mount direct to the back of the shroud/reflector base so the bracket adapts that and holds the new Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 to that, the final pieces will be made from metal, unsure what type but this guy makes brackets for headlights so knows his stuff, they wont just sagg or flake over time.

having the brackets made makes my life easier as I remove the old projector and swap in the new one hence why this setup is going to be cost effective and best part is I don't have to get my hands dirty making the brackets out of stray bits of metal. after this group buy is done I will have this retro kit for sale, the brackets can only be bought if buying the Morimoto projectors from me, I wont sell them on their own as I have had to put a small sum in to get the bracket work done.

that's enough of me today, bracket pics. Output shots in a few days from these projectors when they arrive Monday. I will do 4500k, 5500k and 6500k shots so you can see whats what.

Thanks

Reactions: crispynz1, Sandra, shaunevo6 and 2 others